• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And now for something pretty relaxing: humor

Frank and Ernest Comic Strip for August 25, 2024

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm in the room with 4.
Ugh. Can you smell them? TRUE STORY TIME: My late husband and I had been on vacation for several days, probably a week or more. We came back home and my husband said "I smell mud in this house." I couldn't smell anything. I went to bed later, after walking past the front door about a million times. My husband eventually followed me to bed, but got up around 2 am because he said "I smell mud in this house." He walked toward the front door, where the smell had always been strongest, and saw a COTTONMOUTH trying to get out the door! He grabbed some pincher thingies that my dad used to have, and he pinched the head of the snake until it was dead and then threw it in the yard and then came back to bed and said, "There was a snake in the house but I killed it and threw its body in the yard." Talk about going from zero to about 100 in about five seconds! I went from sound asleep to wide awake in no time but everything was taken care of, apparently.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think snakes are interesting, but I don't go out of my way to see any of them.

I went to tip some waste veg into the compost bin, i lifted the lid, the compost inside moved to i was just going to give it a poke when an asp viper poked it's head out. I've never moved so fast in my life.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
ANOTHER TRUE STORY TIME:

The above was actually the second time my husband found a snake in the house (we used to live right across the street from a creek). The first time he looked out into the hall from our bed and quietly said, "There's a snake in the house," and once again, I woke up very, very quickly. This time it was not a big snake and was also nonpoisonous, but I still didn't want it in the house so one of us threw it outside and it just slithered off.