• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ugh. Can you smell them? TRUE STORY TIME: My late husband and I had been on vacation for several days, probably a week or more. We came back home and my husband said "I smell mud in this house." I couldn't smell anything. I went to bed later, after walking past the front door about a million times. My husband eventually followed me to bed, but got up around 2 am because he said "I smell mud in this house." He walked toward the front door, where the smell had always been strongest, and saw a COTTONMOUTH trying to get out the door! He grabbed some pincher thingies that my dad used to have, and he pinched the head of the snake until it was dead and then threw it in the yard and then came back to bed and said, "There was a snake in the house but I killed it and threw its body in the yard." Talk about going from zero to about 100 in about five seconds! I went from sound asleep to wide awake in no time but everything was taken care of, apparently.
I don't think our snakes have any smell. Maybe if you stuck your head in the cage, you'd smell their environment.
ANOTHER TRUE STORY TIME:

The above was actually the second time my husband found a snake in the house (we used to live right across the street from a creek). The first time he looked out into the hall from our bed and quietly said, "There's a snake in the house," and once again, I woke up very, very quickly. This time it was not a big snake and was also nonpoisonous, but I still didn't want it in the house so one of us threw it outside and it just slithered off.
Did he see it, or does he just have a 'snake sense'?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't think our snakes have any smell. Maybe if you stuck your head in the cage, you'd smell their environment.

Did he see it, or does he just have a 'snake sense'?
He did actually see it. Maybe this snake just smelled like mud because he lived in the mud by the way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Trying to get to sleep and the idiot down the road is playing with his organ.
Should i rephrase that or do you know i mean the musical instrument?
Not loudly, not loud enough to call the police to shut him up but just loud enough to keep me awake.
I wouldn't mind if he could play anything but it sounds like he only knows 5 chords... Over and over and over and over and over again and again.

Kathryn

Not loudly, not loud enough to call the police to shut him up but just loud enough to keep me awake.
I wouldn't mind if he could play anything but it sounds like he only knows 5 chords... Over and over and over and over and over again and again.
Ugh, I am so sorry.

You need white noise.

Kathryn

Carry on, about to move and go watch some streaming something or other. There are so many options!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

organ-organist.gif

Maybe it's this guy.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Ugh. Can you smell them? TRUE STORY TIME: My late husband and I had been on vacation for several days, probably a week or more. We came back home and my husband said "I smell mud in this house." I couldn't smell anything. I went to bed later, after walking past the front door about a million times. My husband eventually followed me to bed, but got up around 2 am because he said "I smell mud in this house." He walked toward the front door, where the smell had always been strongest, and saw a COTTONMOUTH trying to get out the door! He grabbed some pincher thingies that my dad used to have, and he pinched the head of the snake until it was dead and then threw it in the yard and then came back to bed and said, "There was a snake in the house but I killed it and threw its body in the yard." Talk about going from zero to about 100 in about five seconds! I went from sound asleep to wide awake in no time but everything was taken care of, apparently.
Wow! I wouldn't have gotten back to sleep after that...

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
We had a friend, since passed, whose totem creature was a lame duck (seriously) who lived with her. One Thanksgiving she told us that she had fed duck to the duck who ate duck and did not duck.

NB: Her bathroom had a duck "tub" attached to her so they could both bathe together.

She fit perfectly into the category of "charming eccentric".
Personally, I think the world is a better place for such eccentrics.

It doesn't surprise me that a duck would go cannibal so easily. With a few exceptions, they are horrible people.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Did you live in east Texas?

I've been around snakes my whole life and the only thing I ever smelled of them was the musk they released when being caught.

I've always been told that copperheads smell like cucumbers, but I've never smelled them either.

I wouldn't expect an animal to be odorless, but being enclosed in a house or cage might be the only place I could reasonably think that odor might be detectable. That confinement holding any odor in that a person with a sensitive nose might smell makes sense to me.

Hissing cockroaches don't have much odor to me until you have a couple of hundred of them in a 10 gal. aquarium. Then you notice it pretty well.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Who wants to pressure wash the rest of my driveway? I've already done about a 10ft square patch so only about 95% to go.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who wants to pressure wash the rest of my driveway? I've already done about a 10ft square patch so only about 95% to go.

I could probably spit about 10 feet. Maybe 20, if I'm lucky. That's the best I can offer from here.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll do it. One problem. First class plane fare is $25,000. That may be too big a hurdle to make my participation cost effective for you.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Where were you when it was time to pressure wash the couch?
I just love that. Pressure washing a couch reminds me so much of back home in the Ozarks. It's the kind of thing someone there would do.

I knew of a guy that painted his truck with a brush and house paint. Pure Ozarks.

Just the image of someone using a pressure washer on a couch intrigues and delights me.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I just love that. Pressure washing a couch reminds me so much of back home in the Ozarks. It's the kind of thing someone there would do.

I knew of a guy that painted his truck with a brush and house paint. Pure Ozarks.

Just the image of someone using a pressure washer on a couch intrigues and delights me.
Well, there's one chair left to be pressure washed... feel free to attend that event. :)

I have a dream of living in the Ozarks...

Sam won't go, though...

I paint my car with spray paint, though.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, there's one chair left to be pressure washed... feel free to attend that event. :)

I have a dream of living in the Ozarks...
I appreciate that you call it a "dream".

Sam won't go, though...
You should show him some of the highlights of life here. And there is the natural wonders which are really quite lovely. The Devils Backbone. The Devil's Well. Apparently, the Devil didn't go down to Georgia, he went to the Ozarks and did some gardening and landscaping.

Karst topography with all the caves, springs and clear, gravel-bottom streams.
I paint my car with spray paint, though.
You're too fancy for the Ozarks.