• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
AA1rKNoN.img
The good old days when men were men and everyone else could be controlled with drugs.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Looking at it culturally, in the west we tend towards sweet flavors, in the east they like things more bitter...

As for me, I was always the oddball, my friends were ordering cold beers like Michelob and Heineken, etc..... I'd order a Guinness extra stout and let it warm up before I drank it. I also am currently having a had time with the food I grew up with in America, causing me gastritis issues. But go to China or Chinatown, I can eat just about anything without issue. Mrs Wu tells me I have an American body with a Chinese stomach
I like real maple syrup. I prefer the darker, more maple-flavored brands that are available. It turns out that the quality is based on the traditional use of maple syrup as a sugar substitute with the more expensive forms being the lighter colored, less maple-flavored batches that would offer sweetness with much less maple flavor.

The one place where my criteria for quality has a better price range. Even that is not cheap.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I've only seen edible white mushrooms in a fairy ring but i understand there are several species that form them, some not edible.
These had large, white caps (6-8" across), sort of peaked, with a light tan/gray patch at the center of the cap that looked somewhat like a German iron cross. I took photos. I'm not planning on picking any so others can see it before some idiot knocks them over, but I would be interested to know what they are.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
These had large, white caps (6-8" across), sort of peaked, with a light tan/gray patch at the center of the cap that looked somewhat like a German iron cross. I took photos. I'm not planning on picking any so others can see it before some idiot knocks them over, but I would be interested to know what they are.

Damnit, i can't find my mushroom book. When, if i find it I'll look it up. Bookmarked your post.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I like real maple syrup. I prefer the darker, more maple-flavored brands that are available. It turns out that the quality is based on the traditional use of maple syrup as a sugar substitute with the more expensive forms being the lighter colored, less maple-flavored batches that would offer sweetness with much less maple flavor.

The one place where my criteria for quality has a better price range. Even that is not cheap.
Use to help my grandfather, and my mother, make maple syrup....

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
This guy next to Claudia Black?

farscape-1100x825.jpg
He is the pilot. He has a name, but Pilot is what he was called on the show.

I'm not sure what he is. Invertebrate? Crustacean? There are features of the face that don't fit an invertebrate model (the mouth and eyes). But it depicts an alien species, so difficult to know the basal phylogeny and selection the species would be subjected to during its evolution.

Yes, the giant cockroach

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Edit: The jaw structure appears internal and vertebrate, while the rest of the skeleton appears external and invertebrate. The depiction has a confusing array of physical traits of both invertebrate and vertebrate. A polyphyletic origin expressed in a single species doesn't fit the concept.

I've spoiled the show for you, you'll be spending the whole time trying to work out what it is.