• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Longest Thread Ever!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don't know. I can see them all.

I'm guessing that if you have some people on ignore (I haven't ever used that feature, so I'm not sure) it might affect the way the pages show for you.

In long threads, when there are lots of deleted posts, it will affect the way the pages and page numbers show up.

No really.....My lap screen shows four pages to view ahead of this one.
When I click this page comes up.

Can't go to last.....(291)...and never have used ignorance! hehehehehe

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Good job. That's thinking on your feet. I like that.

Far be it from me to call your favor of me into question but, I was actually sitting down when I did it.

I'll have a look at that proposal. There are some very specific qualifications needed for Head of Intelligence Operations. I hope you have them. These matters should only be decided upon after intense scrutiny and careful consideration.

Among the qualifications needed is Mind-Reading. Mind-Reading is a very important part of this job, because at times you will need to know without my telling you whether or not you should think on your feet, and when I expect you to simply obey an order.

Since mind-reading is a requirement for the job, failure to read my mind when you are expected to (but only when I want you to, you'd better not be a busy-body about it, and no laughing out loud when you do it) may be considered failure to follow a direct order.

If I expect you to do something I have not actually told you, and you respond with, "I'm not a mind-reader" that could be grounds for court-martial, for fraudulently acquiring the position. Another qualification for this job is knowing about the Mind-Reading requirement and including it in the proposal. I'm flipping through it now, and I haven't seen any reference to it yet.

Oh, what the heck...the job's yours.
Thank you ma'am.

Incidentally, I knew these were the requirements for the position before I asked and your response was exactly as I predicted. Im telling you this now because next week you were going to tell me to disclose every time I read your mind.

My mind reading is also not confined to time (mostly). This job will work out pretty well.

4consideration

Premium Member
Far be it from me to call your favor of me into question but, I was actually sitting down when I did it.

Thank you ma'am.

Incidentally, I knew these were the requirements for the position before I asked and your response was exactly as I predicted. Im telling you this now because next week you were going to tell me to disclose every time I read your mind.

My mind reading is also not confined to time (mostly). This job will work out pretty well.
Excellent.

I intend to buy a lottery ticket this week. Please jump ahead to Sunday morning and tell me what Powerball numbers I am wishing I had selected.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Excellent.

I intend to buy a lottery ticket this week. Please jump ahead to Sunday morning and tell me what Powerball numbers I am wishing I had selected.

44 53 26

Also, be warned, I learn next Wednesday that uncertainty comes into play when looking into the future. So those numbers may end up being different. Im not responsible for money lost due to you wishing you had selected different numbers than the ones I foresaw you wishing you had selected.

4consideration

Premium Member
44 53 26

Also, be warned, I learn next Wednesday that uncertainty comes into play when looking into the future. So those numbers may end up being different. Im not responsible for money lost due to you wishing you had selected different numbers than the ones I foresaw you wishing you had selected.

Fair enough.

May I borrow 20 bucks? I have a investment opportunity that's pretty much a sure thing. I'll pay you back when my ship comes in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Weird....I see that there are 73 pages, but I can only view 1 thru 72.
The last post is on #72, so #73 must be some weird phantom.