• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracles of Hamas

dust1n

Zindīq
Well, firstly, they are the aggressors, or Hamas is. Secondly, they cannot target civilians purposefully.

I know, I know.

What you are saying is that Israel shouldn't defend itself properly. That is the only conclusion if you think civilian causalities must be proportionate, given the situation in Gaza and tactics of Hamas.

And Hamas are the aggressors.
Israel can defend itself however it damn well pleases. Again, I have no interest in paying for it, nor does any of this conversation pertain the OP or discredit anything I've said in regards to it.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to sleep.

And as you take your repose be thankful that hamas will not slit you and your family's throats in the middle of the night.

dust1n

Zindīq
And as you take your repose be thankful that hamas will not slit you and your family's throats in the middle of the night.

Shouldn't I be more concerned about a random American gunning me down, and everyone else in the room, for no particular reason?

CMike

From Dust

Um, it's been up, since like, immediately, granted, not at full capacity.

July 24, 2014. Gaza’s power plant, which was reportedly damaged by two separate Israeli airstrikes yesterday early in the morning and the night prior, renewed operations last night. The plant’s operators managed to run two turbines that had not damaged. Currently, the plant is producing less than 50 megawatts of electricity. The plant’s management requested a guarantee that the plant would not be struck again, yet Israeli officials have yet to give it.

Gaza

"The power plant is finished," said its director, Mohammed al-Sharif, signalling a new crisis for Gaza's 1.8 million people, who were already enduring power cuts of more than 20 hours a day.

Amnesty International said the crippling of the power station amounted to "collective punishment of Palestinians". The strike on the plant will worsen already severe problems with Gaza's water supply, sewage treatment and power supplies to medical facilities.

"We need at least one year to repair the power plant, the turbines, the fuel tanks and the control room," said Fathi Sheik Khalil of the Gaza energy authority. "Everything was burned." He said crew members who had been trapped by the fire for several hours were evacuated.

That is what it's saying the miracle of Hamas.

It went from totally destroyed, to needing over a year to repair, to working,

BTW Dust's source is a Pro-Hamas website.

Amazing what heavenly power Hamas has.

dust1n

Zindīq
"The power plant is finished," said its director, Mohammed al-Sharif, signalling a new crisis for Gaza's 1.8 million people, who were already enduring power cuts of more than 20 hours a day.

Amnesty International said the crippling of the power station amounted to "collective punishment of Palestinians". The strike on the plant will worsen already severe problems with Gaza's water supply, sewage treatment and power supplies to medical facilities.

"We need at least one year to repair the power plant, the turbines, the fuel tanks and the control room," said Fathi Sheik Khalil of the Gaza energy authority. "Everything was burned." He said crew members who had been trapped by the fire for several hours were evacuated.

That is what it's saying the miracle of Hamas.

It went from totally destroyed, to needing over a year to repair, to working

But I can't even confirm if Hamas even worked on it. I can't really confirm much more about the power plant other than two Palestinians said something about its destruction, and then basically the article in your OP.

Yet, you as essentially insinuating that Hamas hit the power plant as a sort of conspiracy manner. I'm wondering what information you have that no one else seems to know.

BTW Dust's source is a Pro-Hamas website.

Amazing what heavenly power Hamas has.

May be for all I know, but if I were to take ya seriously, I would need citations.

But it certainly begs the question why a "Pro-Hamas website" would claim that the power station was working the next day, in partial capacity, if its supposed interest is to be mislead about the nature of damage to the power plant. So if my source is pro-Hamas, and Hamas has heavenly power, then they were affirming what you were just saying, which is that the power plant was up far sooner than stated.

CMike

What I am stating is that Hamas lied.

Hamas lied that Israel bombed and destroyed the power plant. I quoted their so called power plant officials whom said it was completely destroyed and that it would take a least a year to repair.

However, the power plan is indeed operational.

So to state it simply HAMAS LIED-AGAIN.

CMike

Well, we know Israel has bombed the same power plant before in the past, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they hit the power plant.

I guess we'll have to wait for evidence. :sarcastic But the fact that the power plant is up is not evidence for anything at all, despite the desperation in the OP for it to be so.
What about the plant officials whom said it was completely destroyed and it would take at least a year to make it operational again?

dust1n

Zindīq
What I am stating is that Hamas lied.

Hamas lied that Israel bombed and destroyed the power plant. I quoted their so called power plant officials whom said it was completely destroyed and that it would take a least a year to repair.

However, the power plan is indeed operational.

So to state it simply HAMAS LIED-AGAIN.

However, you have provided no evidence that anyone else hit the power plant, nor any evidence that the person mentioned in the quotes is even a Hamas member or even supporter.

So, you're taking a small string of random facts, and extrapolating an entire fabrication about what happened, despite the fact that you don't anymore than I do.

dust1n

Zindīq
What about the plant officials whom said it was completely destroyed and it would take at least a year to make it operational again?

You mean the two? What about it. Did they lie? Did they overestimate the damage? Did they underestimate the fact that America insured the power plant and will be paying for it? Was it an exaggeration?

Could be a never of things of which I can't really investigate further. In the event of such cases, I try not to assume what I want to be true, to actually be true. Try it out sometime.

By the way, am I going to get a citation that my source was Hamas supporter, or was that just another entity you claimed to be supporter of Hamas but have no evidence for?

CMike

You mean the two? What about it. Did they lie? Did they overestimate the damage? Did they underestimate the fact that America insured the power plant and will be paying for it? Was it an exaggeration?

Could be a never of things of which I can't really investigate further. In the event of such cases, I try not to assume what I want to be true, to actually be true. Try it out sometime.

By the way, am I going to get a citation that my source was Hamas supporter, or was that just another entity you claimed to be supporter of Hamas but have no evidence for?
Thoe two happen to be the director of the plant and the person representing the Gaza energy authority.

Okay I don't know if they belonged to Hamas.

The "palestinian" officials lied.

The director said it was completely destroyed. "The power plant is finished,"

Obviously they lied.

CMike

I am not assuming anything.

I quoted the director of the plant, and the representative of the gaza energy authority.

They both said that the plant was complely destroyed. The official from the gaza energy authority also said everything was burned and it would take at least a year to get running again.

They lied.

CMike

I am talking about citiations where you stated that I said that the palestinians should be punished because of Hamas.

Since you put these words in my mouth, I would like you to prove that I said this.

CMike

However, you have provided no evidence that anyone else hit the power plant, nor any evidence that the person mentioned in the quotes is even a Hamas member or even supporter.

So, you're taking a small string of random facts, and extrapolating an entire fabrication about what happened, despite the fact that you don't anymore than I do.
There is as much evidence that Hamas hit the site as there is that Israel hit the site.

That is even assuming that the site was hit at all, which within itself is doubtful.

A

angellous_evangellous

I am talking about citiations where you stated that I said that the palestinians should be punished because of Hamas.

Since you put these words in my mouth, I would like you to prove that I said this.

No need to sift through the garbage to find it in my opinion.

dust1n

Zindīq

Are you sure you are quoting the right person here?

dust1n

Zindīq
There is as much evidence that Hamas hit the site as there is that Israel hit the site.

That is even assuming that the site was hit at all, which within itself is doubtful.

So, still no citation for your claim that my source was a supporter of Hamas, huh?

The only power plant supplying electricity to the Gaza Strip was knocked out of commission by Israeli shelling, the deputy director of the energy authority in the Palestinian territory said Tuesday.

“Gaza’s sole power plant has stopped working due to Israeli shelling last night, which damaged the steam generator and later hit the fuel tanks which set them on fire,” Fathi al-Sheikh Khalil told AFP.

An AFP reporter saw huge fires raging near the plant Tuesday morning, noting that fire department vehicles were still unable to reach the area.

The damage to the power plant exacerbated the heavy damage to infrastructure in Gaza already inflicted during the 22 days of an Israeli campaign aimed at stamping out terrorist rocket fire at Israeli towns and destroying attack tunnels dug under the border.

Gaza's sole power plant said down after Israeli attack | The Times of Israel

Oh, Times of Israel, with it's anti-Israel sentiments.

The next day:

IDF general: Israel did not target Gaza's power plant | The Times of Israel

But nothing else mentioned in the paper.

Oh, look, Haaretz, another famously anti-Israel newpaper also seems to report the same thing, with video of the power plant burning.

Gaza's power plant was forced to shut down after two tank shells hit one of three fuel tanks, said Jamal Dardasawi, a spokesman for Gaza's electricity distribution company. The shelling sparked a large fire and a huge column of smoke was seen rising from the site. Dardasawi said 15 workers were trapped inside by the fire and that the damage would take months to repair. There was no immediate word on casualties.

WATCH: Massive explosions in Gaza as only power plant and Hamas leader's home destroyed - Video Israel News | Haaretz

I look forward to the same amount of citations regarding your Hamas hit its own power station theory...

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
The power plant that was completely destroyed in Gaza, and would take over a year to get it running again, is now operational.

Wow. What a miracle.

Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News: "Destroyed" Gaza power plant miraculously repaired

"Destroyed" Gaza power plant miraculously repaired

The Guardian reported on July 29:
Flames and clouds of black smoke billowed over Gaza's only power plant on after it was destroyed during the most relentless and widespread Israeli bombardment of the current conflict.

It wasn't only The Guardian that said this. The Times (UK), Haaretz, the ICRC,and many others reported that the power plant was "destroyed."

Israel denied attacking the power plant or having bombed anything in the vicinity that day but that news was barely reported outside being buried in a single CNN report. That didn't stop Amnesty and HRW from blaming Israel for the attack, and not one media outlet or NGO even considered that Hamas may have attacked Gaza infrastructure and been guilty of war crimes in order to increase suffering - which was a major part of its war strategy.

As recently as two weeks ago, the PA continued to blame Israel for the supposed destruction of the power plant. The PA claimed that "the energy sector needed $250 million after the Strip's only power plant was destroyed by two Israeli missiles."

I guess there has been a miracle, then.
Gaza's only power plant is ready to begin running again as soon as a shipment of fuel arrives to the Strip, the plant's executive manager said Saturday.

Walid Saad Sayil said at a news conference that he was waiting on a response from President Mahmoud Abbas' office on providing fuel to run the plant.

Sayil expects to hear back from either Ramallah or Qatar within 48 hours regarding a fuel shipment, he said.
Within two weeks the power plant went from being completely destroyed to being ready to work. All the reports from the major media and NGOs were found to be quite wrong.

People were lied to.

:clap:clap:clap

Bodies that are supposed to be dead were moving. Maybe they are zoombies.

Another miracle. :clap:clap:clap

[youtube]tPaq_TNEYwY[/youtube]

It's utterly amazing.

And the family that was killed on the Gaza beach was fabricated.

[youtube]zfM6oYW3arY[/youtube]

All that human effort...it's a miracle!

The pyramids?

A "miracle"!!

Yep. Miraculous.

Absent any divine interventions...impossible!

Could never happen! EVER!

CMike

So, still no citation for your claim that my source was a supporter of Hamas, huh?

The only power plant supplying electricity to the Gaza Strip was knocked out of commission by Israeli shelling, the deputy director of the energy authority in the Palestinian territory said Tuesday.

“Gaza’s sole power plant has stopped working due to Israeli shelling last night, which damaged the steam generator and later hit the fuel tanks which set them on fire,” Fathi al-Sheikh Khalil told AFP.

An AFP reporter saw huge fires raging near the plant Tuesday morning, noting that fire department vehicles were still unable to reach the area.

The damage to the power plant exacerbated the heavy damage to infrastructure in Gaza already inflicted during the 22 days of an Israeli campaign aimed at stamping out terrorist rocket fire at Israeli towns and destroying attack tunnels dug under the border.

Gaza's sole power plant said down after Israeli attack | The Times of Israel

Oh, Times of Israel, with it's anti-Israel sentiments.

The next day:

IDF general: Israel did not target Gaza's power plant | The Times of Israel

But nothing else mentioned in the paper.

Oh, look, Haaretz, another famously anti-Israel newpaper also seems to report the same thing, with video of the power plant burning.

Gaza's power plant was forced to shut down after two tank shells hit one of three fuel tanks, said Jamal Dardasawi, a spokesman for Gaza's electricity distribution company. The shelling sparked a large fire and a huge column of smoke was seen rising from the site. Dardasawi said 15 workers were trapped inside by the fire and that the damage would take months to repair. There was no immediate word on casualties.

WATCH: Massive explosions in Gaza as only power plant and Hamas leader's home destroyed - Video Israel News | Haaretz

I look forward to the same amount of citations regarding your Hamas hit its own power station theory...
And they quote the "palestinian" officials.

And yes Haaretz is a very left wing newspaper.

Unlike the arab governments Israel is a democracy and has a free press. Therefore, there are newspapers all over the political spectrum.

Obviously, the "palestinian" officials lied.

They said the power plant was completely destroyed and it would take at least a year to get it going, but voila it's working.

What a miracle of miracles.