• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only solution is to love all mankind

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
You cannot be educated into this. Love beyond your family and friends require an internal transformation that no education can give. People can, for a time, follow a charismatic leader in that direction, but revert back to their narrow confines as soon as he/she is gone. Untransformed human nature is like an elastic spring. You can extend it or compress it using external force, but remove the force, it falls back to the default "mediocre" position.

And it is not in interest of nation states to do so anyways. In fact the current education is more attuned to make people hate everyone who is not of your political ideology or nationality..as that is highly beneficial to keep voters captive. Leaders do not actually have to do any work and assessed for it if the voters are fearful of the "other" enough.
Of course I do not expect any activism from the Bahai s either...unlike say Gandhi.
I agree it’s not easy but that’s because it’s new to many , not because it is difficult to achieve in itself. Gandhi of course practised love for all and was a saint and example to all humanity. You might like to explain more about his concept of love for all humanity.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
While I think your idea of educating people to love all humanity sounds good on the surface, as a now born again Christian, I don’t think it is feasible. For one thing, does it make sense to love unconditionally a serial murderer or child molester? Secondly, according to the Bible, this is a fallen world corrupted by sin. I don’t think education is capable of eradicating the sin nature which is the root cause of the problems and strife in the world you referred to. I believe peace between people and ultimate deliverance from the conflict and strife of this world can only be found in lives transformed by the Savior, Prince of Peace Jesus Christ. Even then, this remains a fallen world, which is passing away, heavily damaged by the impact of sin and the weight of its evil consequences. My view is that true love and peace will only exist in the new heaven and earth among those who have been changed and have new eternal life in Christ.
In the circumstances you mentioned that is where justice is the form of love that is exercised in order to protect all humanity from the aggressor, tyrant and murderer.

As to love not being able to be taught. Did you not learn this love from Jesus where He gave a new commandment to love one another?
Yes if people only truly believed and practised their belief in deeds and not just words, then this world could be a very wonderful place. But all are members of one human race and that includes everyone- atheists, humanists and those of other faiths and no faiths. I don’t think it’s for us to judge others but to be at peace with them.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Love is over-rated.
Loving all mankind is impractical.
Tolerance & peacefulness are more important.
It’s difficult to say something that has never yet been tried won’t work. We can always try it and if it doesn’t work or we don’t like it then we can go back to our warring ways.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I think people will judge and people will judge judgements too. I think compassion should be for all, but that has limits. We can't expect everyone to accept each other and love one another in a full sense of the potential of love.

Love of good and hate of evil are part of the balance. Cursing oppressors is part of the catalyst towards justice.

We need to be just and compassionate to one another even if we condemn and hate each other. For example, Lut (a) hated the ways of his people and condemned them, but he was very compassionate towards them.

There is no easy solution in reality. People being taught something does not mean they will apply just like US harps about human rights, but then goes kills humans more any other country, the most basic human right is the right to live.

My path personally is the concept of awaiting. The Quran shows there is two ways to wait, you can wait mockingly and then the worse results come about or like Mohammad (s) was awaiting the catastrophe but in a way to make people avoid it.

The Mahdi (a) is a type of Messenger that brings destruction, like Lut (a) being rejected brings destruction, but we can avoid the promise that not a city but will be destroyed or punished severely before the day of the judgment, if we make people accept him and accept his miracles, when he comes. Prepare people.

The hadiths and Quran both show the earth can not be fixed without a leader. It doesn't mean it will be fixed because there is a leader, but it won't be without him.

When you talk about educating, that requires structure and authority. The world structure right is now is that it's headed by the worse people, people who do nothing about the children being human trafficked everywhere and don't anything about even the organ transplanting type of human trafficking.

These people will talk about love and tolerance and hire people to do so as well. But the truth is holy books exposed the sorcerer that is handpicked by Satan and his apprentices and followers, and that society headed by them for a reason.

Justice won't happen till they fall from every high place, but your universal education might just give them the world on a silver platter.

I can't talk about teachings and ignore reality.

Quran talks about things realistically and idealistically.
I agree with much of what you say and that justice is so important. There is so much oppression on earth. My dear wife her family lives in Myanmar where there is civil war and it is too painful for her to see so much suffering. Yet no one comes to help these victims of injustice. That’s my point here. Where is love for our fellow human being? Do we only care when the person belongs to ‘our group’? There is no such thing in reality as an American or an Arab. We are all human so it’s fellow humans killing fellow humans using demonising and the false concept of ‘us vs them’ to portray ‘others’ as ‘the enemy’. People are naive and gullible and don’t see through the manipulation and so fight ‘the enemy’ which is in reality our brothers and sisters.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree it’s not easy but that’s because it’s new to many , not because it is difficult to achieve in itself. Gandhi of course practised love for all and was a saint and example to all humanity. You might like to explain more about his concept of love for all humanity.
Unless a person is at peace with himself, the world and all the ups and downs of a life, his relationship with the world will always have the entire spectrum of emotions: hate, fear, frustration, anger, as well as positive emotions like love, kindness, openness and generosity. They will be conditioned by his or her unstable reactive mental states correlated with events happening within him and outside of him. No theoretical set of studies or even activities can resolve this.

Certain transformative experiences and realisations (both secular and religious) can help a person cut through this and "anchor" himself to a stable base such he can truly realise and deep state of continuous inner and outer peace. From this love can flow outwards to all without being conditioned by the life events. But this is not to easy...and not so frequent either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It’s difficult to say something that has never yet been tried won’t work. We can always try it and if it doesn’t work or we don’t like it then we can go back to our warring ways.
The fact that it's not been tried points
to its never ever gonna happen.
Love for all humankind won't just
spread like the plague. And there's
no way to impose it on everyone.

Madsaac

Today humanity is beset with many strifes, conflicts and wars and I believe that the only solution to ending these conflicts over time is for all people to be educated in the home, school, university and workplace to love all humanity unconditionally. It will take time but it is the only ideology which I firmly believe can defeat war, hatred, prejudice and terrorism because it has been proven that over time peace treaties, pacts and covenants eventually fail and war re-emerges unless there is true peace between individuals.

I‘m claiming this to be the main solution to ending war so it is a debate. What do you think?

Maybe the best way is through science and proven experiences (not opinions) that work which are discovered through research.

Science is the main reason why the world a becomes a better place. There is a list as long as your arm.

Lets prove to people that war is not the best approach

Imagine if religious leaders and politicians relied on accurate analyses to make public policy decisions?

Last edited:

PearlSeeker

Today humanity is beset with many strifes, conflicts and wars and I believe that the only solution to ending these conflicts over time is for all people to be educated in the home, school, university and workplace to love all humanity unconditionally. It will take time but it is the only ideology which I firmly believe can defeat war, hatred, prejudice and terrorism because it has been proven that over time peace treaties, pacts and covenants eventually fail and war re-emerges unless there is true peace between individuals.

I‘m claiming this to be the main solution to ending war so it is a debate. What do you think?
A noble goal but I think it's too high and unrealistic at this time. We're light years away. There is too much tribalism and nationalism. Cosmopolitanism is still seen as weakness, servility and lack of patriotism. We can at least try to tolerate each other.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I don’t know much about this site except i came across it today but it says some very good things about having a world vision.

Have you contacted them and are willing to work with them?

danieldemol

Premium Member
We would be forced to defend ourselves if attacked.
Then it would seem to me your love is conditional upon not being attacked. Which is what I suspected. In my view one would have to be either too powerful (read omnipotent) to be affected by the onslaught of tyranny or very unwise if fallible to hand out love unconditionally.

It seems to me that we should try to balance the love we give out in the scales of reason and compassion.

Even then wars may happen from time to time because humans are fallible.

danieldemol

Premium Member
So loving all humanity means we don’t exalt any race, nation or religion over the others.
So the Bahai religion is no better than the religion of Huitzilopochtli?

I believe it is not loving to claim all religions are equal when they clearly aren't. Because it is a disservice to truth and because in my view we should endeavour to dissuade people from following the worst religions owing to the harm they contribute to humanity.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Okay, so again, how does one teach another to love all humanity? What is the curriculum?
I'd suggest that it is easier to dog whistle vulnerable people in public then share the Ruhi books in private than it is to invite the Ruhi books to be the subject of transparent, open, honest debate in my opinion.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Are the methods used by Gandhi something that Baha'i would support and participate in? From what I know about the Baha'i Faith the answer is "no". Do you agree, or am I wrong in this? Gandhi and civil disobedience...

In 1906, after the Transvaal government passed an ordinance regarding the registration of its Indian population, Gandhi led a campaign of civil disobedience that would last for the next eight years. During its final phase in 1913, hundreds of Indians living in South Africa, including women, went to jail, and thousands of striking Indian miners were imprisoned, flogged and even shot. Finally, under pressure from the British and Indian governments, the government of South Africa accepted a compromise negotiated by Gandhi and General Jan Christian Smuts, which included important concessions such as the recognition of Indian marriages and the abolition of the existing poll tax for Indians.​
As part of his nonviolent non-cooperation campaign for home rule, Gandhi stressed the importance of economic independence for India...​
Gandhi turned the independence movement into a massive organization, leading boycotts of British manufacturers and institutions representing British influence in India, including legislatures and schools.​
After sporadic violence broke out, Gandhi announced the end of the resistance movement, to the dismay of his followers. British authorities arrested Gandhi in March 1922 and tried him for sedition; he was sentenced to six years in prison but was released in 1924 after undergoing an operation for appendicitis.​
Salt production and distribution in India had long been a lucrative monopoly of the British. Through a series of laws, the Indian populace was prohibited from producing or selling salt independently, and instead Indians were required to buy expensive, heavily taxed salt that often was imported... In early 1930 Gandhi decided to mount a highly visible demonstration against the increasingly repressive salt tax by marching through what is now the western Indian state of Gujarat from his ashram (religious retreat) at Sabermati (near Ahmadabad) to the town of Dandi (near Surat) on the Arabian Sea coast...​
(O)n April 5 the entourage reached Dandi after a journey of some 240 miles (385 km). On the morning of April 6, Gandhi and his followers picked up handfuls of salt along the shore, thus technically “producing” salt and breaking the law.​
No arrests were made that day, and Gandhi continued his satyagraha against the salt tax for the next two months, exhorting other Indians to break the salt laws by committing acts of civil disobedience. Thousands were arrested and imprisoned.​
How many Baha'is participated in these marches and other protests? How many Baha'is were arrested along with Gandhi in defiance of these unjust laws and colonial rule? How many Baha'is participate right now in protests against the was in Ukraine and in Gaza? If there are Baha'is marching in protest of these wars, is it supported by the Baha'i leadership?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Are the methods used by Gandhi something that Baha'i would support and participate in? From what I know about the Baha'i Faith the answer is "no". Do you agree, or am I wrong in this? Gandhi and civil disobedience...

In 1906, after the Transvaal government passed an ordinance regarding the registration of its Indian population, Gandhi led a campaign of civil disobedience that would last for the next eight years. During its final phase in 1913, hundreds of Indians living in South Africa, including women, went to jail, and thousands of striking Indian miners were imprisoned, flogged and even shot. Finally, under pressure from the British and Indian governments, the government of South Africa accepted a compromise negotiated by Gandhi and General Jan Christian Smuts, which included important concessions such as the recognition of Indian marriages and the abolition of the existing poll tax for Indians.​
As part of his nonviolent non-cooperation campaign for home rule, Gandhi stressed the importance of economic independence for India...​
Gandhi turned the independence movement into a massive organization, leading boycotts of British manufacturers and institutions representing British influence in India, including legislatures and schools.​
After sporadic violence broke out, Gandhi announced the end of the resistance movement, to the dismay of his followers. British authorities arrested Gandhi in March 1922 and tried him for sedition; he was sentenced to six years in prison but was released in 1924 after undergoing an operation for appendicitis.​
Salt production and distribution in India had long been a lucrative monopoly of the British. Through a series of laws, the Indian populace was prohibited from producing or selling salt independently, and instead Indians were required to buy expensive, heavily taxed salt that often was imported... In early 1930 Gandhi decided to mount a highly visible demonstration against the increasingly repressive salt tax by marching through what is now the western Indian state of Gujarat from his ashram (religious retreat) at Sabermati (near Ahmadabad) to the town of Dandi (near Surat) on the Arabian Sea coast...​
(O)n April 5 the entourage reached Dandi after a journey of some 240 miles (385 km). On the morning of April 6, Gandhi and his followers picked up handfuls of salt along the shore, thus technically “producing” salt and breaking the law.​
No arrests were made that day, and Gandhi continued his satyagraha against the salt tax for the next two months, exhorting other Indians to break the salt laws by committing acts of civil disobedience. Thousands were arrested and imprisoned.​
How many Baha'is participated in these marches and other protests? How many Baha'is were arrested along with Gandhi in defiance of these unjust laws and colonial rule? How many Baha'is participate right now in protests against the was in Ukraine and in Gaza? If there are Baha'is marching in protest of these wars, is it supported by the Baha'i leadership?
Baha’is don’t really get involved in negative things like protests. For example instead of being ‘anti-racist’ Baha’is will deal with that by promoting the oneness of humanity or ‘black lives matter as ‘racial harmony’. So instead of being against darkness Baha’is will use light.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha’is don’t really get involved in negative things like protests. For example instead of being ‘anti-racist’ Baha’is will deal with that by promoting the oneness of humanity or ‘black lives matter as ‘racial harmony’. So instead of being against darkness Baha’is will use light.
But you brought up Gandhi.
Gandhi of course practised love for all and was a saint and example to all humanity. You might like to explain more about his concept of love for all humanity.
You said he "practiced" love for all, but he also practiced civil disobedience. Without which, would there have been any change? Many of those that marched with him were imprisoned, and at some protests, some were killed. But you say that protests are a "negative" thing? How about
I don’t know much about this site except i came across it today but it says some very good things about having a world vision.

Still wondering, have you contacted this group to see if you can work with them?
First consult and see if there’s any common ground.
And this is related to what Gandhi did. Common ground with the colonial governments? I doubt there was any.
What common ground would you have with Hitler? How would you stop him? Or would you allow him to rise to power and just stand there as a bystander whose message can't compete with Hitler's emotional appeal?
So, what would you have done? Civil disobedience and those awful, "negative" protests? Or...
We would be forced to defend ourselves if attacked. And bring him to justice.
Do this? But of course, wait until the oppressors attacked you. But, if the Baha'is don't protest, why would the oppressors ever attack? So, Baha'is would go along with the injustices being done?

I wonder, what did Baha'i do when Martin Luther King held his peaceful protests and marched against racism? Did Baha'i leadership tell them not to get involved in such "dark", negative things?

And how did the Baha'i methods work in Iran when the Ayatollah took over? I know one method was for Baha'is to leave the country. But, since they were being attacked, why didn't they fight back and put down the evil regime? Or... did some Baha'is try?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But you brought up Gandhi.

You said he "practiced" love for all, but he also practiced civil disobedience. Without which, would there have been any change? Many of those that marched with him were imprisoned, and at some protests, some were killed. But you say that protests are a "negative" thing? How about

Still wondering, have you contacted this group to see if you can work with them?

And this is related to what Gandhi did. Common ground with the colonial governments? I doubt there was any.

So, what would you have done? Civil disobedience and those awful, "negative" protests? Or...

Do this? But of course, wait until the oppressors attacked you. But, if the Baha'is don't protest, why would the oppressors ever attack? So, Baha'is would go along with the injustices being done?

I wonder, what did Baha'i do when Martin Luther King held his peaceful protests and marched against racism? Did Baha'i leadership tell them not to get involved in such "dark", negative things?

And how did the Baha'i methods work in Iran when the Ayatollah took over? I know one method was for Baha'is to leave the country. But, since they were being attacked, why didn't they fight back and put down the evil regime? Or... did some Baha'is try?
Firstly we do not follow or support every person but there are good people who we have much in common with. As to tyrants and oppressors we believe in collective security. But it is up to a united world to enforce.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Firstly we do not follow or support every person but there are good people who we have much in common with. As to tyrants and oppressors we believe in collective security. But it is up to a united world to enforce.
I believe the greatest obstacle to collective security as being the aim of certain religions whether openly or secretly to use collective security for the purpose of enforcing theocracy.

At its foundation the Baha'i faith certainly aspired to enforce theocracy in my view. Time will tell how the Baha'i faith evolves in response to the marketing lies and half truths told by its apologists as I see it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Our countries, the U.S. and Australia, were the tyrants and oppressors. What right did our European ancestors have to take the land and kill or put the native people on reservations?

In the U.S. what would have been done about racism if people didn't rise up and protest?

And, since Baha'is don't do protest marches, what would the Baha'is have recommended to Gandhi to do against the colonial British rule?

And right now, what do Baha'is recommend the world do about Gaza and Ukraine? And what would the Baha'i Faith recommend the U.S. do about all the people at the Southern border trying to get in? Let them in or send them back? And what about the ones that crossed illegally?

Since protests are the dark and negative way to do it, what is the way of the "light"? What is the right way, the Baha'i way to do it?

Let me guess... teach them that we are all one and that should fix the problem.