• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FeathersinHair said:
One of the wonderful things about acknowledging many gods and goddesses is that there are so many 'in charge' of aspects of our lives! I love the personal relationship that we have with our dieites, and how we can usually know which of them our fellow members might call on.
funny that ;)

As expected, I'll be asking for help from Kwan Yin and Artemis. (With luck, both of my favorites happen to be goddesses associated with healthy childbirth!)
hmmm *puts on surprised face* didn't see that one coming :rolleyes: i'm doing a quick blessing tonight, sadly the relation with my parents kinda prohibits anything "big" blessing wise - i don't know what to bless for, so i'm going for a "general weaving of spiritual bonding, healthy birth and general protect-y-ness"

Turk, please know that we're also thinking about you during this time! *hugs*
turk.... turk who? :p

Mike182

Flaming Queer
so, what did you do for summer solstice? Draka, dropped anything small and child-like yet? :D

my best friend (a fellow pagan) came up from Melton to visit for the day, after my exam - we went walking for hours in the Nottingham Arboretum, where we did some meditation work, but we mainly celebrated the solstice by being together :hug:

some pics of the Nottingham Arboretum, it's big, peaceful, and i love it!

nottm_music_festival_2005_body_150x162.jpg

06.8.03addison_st_view.jpg

Purple Thyme

Cool Pics. I celebrated by spending the evening with my family relaxing outside checking out the animals that venture into our yard. It seems to be considered pretty safe as they all come out when we're outside even.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm lame. My "celebrating" for Litha was more mundane. I actually got to get out of the house during the day since Turk had the day off. I got to drive my car around most of the day. I didn't realize how much I missed driving. I actually was saying "wheeee" going down the highway with the windows down:p . I got to go shopping and get work done on my car that it desperately needed.

I felt bad when I went to bed last night because I didn't do any ritual, have a sabbat meal ( like I usually do), or anything along those lines. I didn't even change over my seasonal decorations yesterday from Spring to Summer. I have to do that today. I was just so happy to get out and do something for once all other things got moved to the background. :eek:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
All things considered , I wouldn't feel too bad Draka . :) Like a book I once read says ," The Man wasn't created for the sabbat , the sabbat was created for man ". { or something along those lines ... }

Draka

Wonder Woman
Still no baby people. I have an appointment for next Monday to get induced if I haven't had him by then. The boy is just stubborn. I feel like a stuffed pig ready to roast over the pit. I hope I have him before then and won't have to bother with inducing, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Are you still here Draka ? I have my fingers { and toes } crossed . Hopefully the little guy will decide to join us on his own free will . :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yes, he's here. Jamie is on the scene. The most content little baby ever seen. The doctors had a heck of a time getting him to even cry. He's just very calm. Doesn't cry over anything really. Just when he wants fed or is gassy. That's it.

*Finds rocking chair in tea room and sits with Jamie to rock for a while*

How's everyone else?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Draka said:
Yes, he's here. Jamie is on the scene. The most content little baby ever seen. The doctors had a heck of a time getting him to even cry. He's just very calm. Doesn't cry over anything really. Just when he wants fed or is gassy. That's it.

*Finds rocking chair in tea room and sits with Jamie to rock for a while*

How's everyone else?

extatic!

it's so lovely to hear that you and Jamie are doing well :hug:

i had the pleasure of meeting Buttons* on wednesday, she was in London, so we met up for a bit! she's so cool!

i'm working on my novel at the moment, only just started at it again, but i'm loving being able to spend time on it!

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Mike182 said:
i'm working on my novel at the moment, only just started at it again, but i'm loving being able to spend time on it!
Whenever you are ready to publish. My publishing company was great. No out of pocket expense except to buy the bar code for the back cover. It is a print on demand, maybe you have something like it on your side of the pond. Lulu, Inc. this link will take you to my storefront (shameless promotion of my books). Just go to the home page to get details. Coming across this was an answered prayer for me who can't afford to buy a minimum of 1000 books.

turk179

I smell something....
Just thought I would pop my head in here and see what I have been missing. Looks like I have missed a lot.
Mike182 said:
turk.... turk who? :p
Hmmm? Super turk? No, thats not right. Could it be the turkinator? No, thats not right either. Could it be satan? Nope. Not right either. Ahhh. it's daddy turk:D. And right now turk is in serious need of getting in touch with deity.

Not much activity since Jamie was born. So how is everyone doing in here?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Good . :) Although I am perparing for war ... seems that a company here has no respect for animals . People or others . :(

And you DT ? Jamie allowing you to sleep ? :)

turk179

I smell something....
kreeden said:
Good . :) Although I am perparing for war ... seems that a company here has no respect for animals . People or others . :(
Not a very nice company me thinks.

kreeden said:
And you DT ? Jamie allowing you to sleep ? :)
Every once in a while. But it is worth it. I seem to have more energy since he was born anyw.....oops, fell asleep:D.

BFD_Zayl

*lights dragons blood* ill just sit in my nice little corner, your all welcome to my jars of Yarrow and fennel tea. it will help you relax.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
BFD_Zayl said:
*lights dragons blood* ill just sit in my nice little corner, your all welcome to my jars of Yarrow and fennel tea. it will help you relax.

Yarrow and fennel tea ? Sounds as if it would wake one up ? :)