• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Prophet (s) and Imams (a) stated Mohammad (s) is the final Nabi.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
today, you do not have Ahlulbayt anymore. They are not among you. You are only left with the Quran. That's it.
The Prophet (s) did not say I am leaving Quran and Ahlulbayt till Hassan Al-Askari (a) dies. Sorry. You make things up.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
why do you neeed to even know document of Imam Ali to Malik Ashtar?
Part of relying on God is his guidance and part of relying on God per Quran is to ask the family of the reminder. To query them. This document shows how to establish a just society and government.

I'm not aware of the details established in this document anywhere else and guidance from God is needed pertaining to all things. The Quran doesn't go details on how to govern.

firedragon

Veteran Member
There was one Hadith you quoted that says لا كتاب بعده ابدا

This Hadith must be weighted against the Quran:

وَلَقَدۡ أَرۡسَلۡنَا رُسُلࣰا مِّن قَبۡلِكَ وَجَعَلۡنَا لَهُمۡ أَزۡوَ ٰجࣰا وَذُرِّیَّةࣰۚ وَمَا كَانَ لِرَسُولٍ أَن یَأۡتِیَ بِءَایَةٍ إِلَّا بِإِذۡنِ ٱللَّهِۗ لِكُلِّ أَجَلࣲ كِتَابࣱ

یَمۡحُوا۟ ٱللَّهُ مَا یَشَاۤءُ وَیُثۡبِتُۖ وَعِندَهُۥۤ أُمُّ ٱلۡكِتَـٰبِ

"We have formerly sent apostles before thee, and bestowed on them wives and children; and no apostle had the power to come with a sign, unless by the permission of God. Every age hath its book of revelation
God blots out what He will, or He confirms; and with Him is the Mother of the Book" Quran 13:38-39

وَلَوْ أَنَّمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ مِن شَجَرَةٍ أَقْلَـٰمٌۭ وَٱلْبَحْرُ يَمُدُّهُۥ مِنۢ بَعْدِهِۦ سَبْعَةُ أَبْحُرٍۢ مَّا نَفِدَتْ كَلِمَـٰتُ ٱللَّهِ ۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌۭ
"If all the trees on earth were pens and the ocean ˹were ink˺, refilled by seven other oceans, the Words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely Allah is Almighty, All-Wise." Quran 31:27

These verses seems to suggest that in Every Age, or for every Period, God reveals a Book, and the Allah is able to keep writing more and more, with no limitation.

So, the question is, given the Hadith is Authentic, how do you explain the Hadith, in the light of the verses of the Quran?

My suggestion is, probably the Subject of Hadith is, do Imams continue to reveal more and more Writings to complete the Quran, and then the Imam was saying the Quran revelation is complete, and never anything will be written after this.
Mind you, the word كتاب in early Islam did not just mean Book. It also meant "commands" as some Muslim Scholars have said. So, the Hadith could be saying there will never any additional command to be added to the Quran, as it is completed for the Muslims.

I did not see any Hadith on your Quotes that says, لا نبي بعده الي ابد
Maybe I missed
Here's one. Sahih Bukhari. You want more?
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.17.12.png
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.17.23.png

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The following is from Sahiffa Sajjadiya (the 2nd Du'a):

وَالْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي مَنَّ عَلَيْنَا
wal-h'am-du lil-laahil-lad'ee man-na a'lay-naa
1. Praise belongs to God who was kind to us

بِمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِيِّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهِ
bimuh'am-madin-nabee-yihee s'al-laal-laahoo a'layhee wa aaalihee
2. through Muhammad, His Prophet (God bless him and his Household)

دُونَ ٱلْاُمَمِ ٱلْمَاضِيَةِ وَٱلْقُـرُونِ السَّالِفَةِ
doonal-umamil-maaz''eeati wal-quroonis-saalifah
3. to the exclusion of past communities and bygone generations,

بِقُدْرَتِهِ الَّتِي لَا تَعْجِزُ عَنْ شَيْ‏ءٍ وَ إِنْ عَظُمَ
biqud-ratihil-latee laa taa'-jizu a'n shay-iw-wa in a'z'um
4. displaying thereby His power, which nothing can render incapable though it be great,

وَ لا يَفُوتُهَا شَيءٌ وَإنْ لَطُفَ،
wa laa yafootuhaa shay-oo-wa il-lat'uf
5. and nothing can escape though it be subtle.

فَخَتَمَ بِنَاعَلَى جَمِيع مَنْ ذَرَأَ
fakhatama binaa a'laa jameei' man d'araa
6. He sealed through us all He created,

وَ جَعَلَنَا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى مَنْ جَحَدَ
wa jaa'lanaa shuhadaaa-a a'laa man jah'ad
7. appointed us witnesses over those who deny,

وَكَثَّرَنا بِمَنِّهِ عَلَى مَنْ قَلَّ
wa kath-tharanaa biman-nihee a'laa man qal
8. and increased us by His kindness over those who are few.

اللَّهُمَّ فَصَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ أَمِينِكَ عَلَى وَحْيِكَ
al-laahum-ma fas'al-li a'laa muh'am-mad ameenika a'laa wah'-yik
9. O God, bless Muhammad, entrusted by You with Your revelation,

وَنَجِيبِكَ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ
wa najeebika min khal-qik
10. distinguished by You among Your creatures,

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here's one. Sahih Bukhari. You want more?View attachment 93273View attachment 93272
This is not the only chain and Abu Huraira is not the only narrator. I found this in tafsir Al-Mizan:

وفي المجمع في قوله تعالى { ولكن رسول الله وخاتم النبيين } وصح الحديث عن جابر بن عبد الله عن النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم قال " إنما مثلي في الأنبياء كمثل رجل بنى داراً فأكملها وحسنها إلا موضع لبنة، فكان من دخلها ونظر إليها فقال ما أحسنها إلا موضع هذه اللبنة. قال صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم فأنا موضع اللبنة ختم بي الأنبياء " ، أورده البخاري ومسلم في صحيحيهما. أقول وروى هذا المعنى غيرهما كالترمذي والنسائي وأحمد وابن مردويه عن غير جابر كأبي سعيد وأبي هريرة. وفي الدر المنثور

So the hadith has a lot of narrators, Bukhari is also just one of many sources for this hadith (it's found in Muslim, Tirmidi, Nisa, Ahmad, etc), and the Shia chain goes through Jaber ibn Abdullah.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The slight difference is that in the Shia Narration it says "he sealed/ended through me the Prophets" while the Bukhari version is "and I am the seal/finality/end of all Prophets".

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The place of Haroun (a) to Musa (a) analogy to Ali (a) to Mohammad (s) hadith has many Sunni chains and Shia as well. The following is from a Shia apologist (may God have mercy on his soul and reward his efforts) about the Sunni chains and variations of it:

Hadith Al-Manzilah, the Golden Hadith​

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728 H) states:
قال الرافضي الثالث قوله أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا انه لا نبي بعدي....
والجواب أن هذا الحديث ثبت في الصحيحين بلا ريب وغيرهما
The Rafidhi said: The third (point) is his statement (to ‘Ali), “You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, except that there is no prophet after me.”....
The reply is: This hadith is authentic in the two Sahihs without any doubt, and in other books too.1
This is one of the very few, miraculous instances when our Shaykh submits to the truth about the authenticity of a pro-‘Ali hadith! As he has conceded, the hadith is certainly sahih. Imam Muslim (d. 261 H) too recorded it in his Sahih in confirmation of this:
حدثنا يحيى بن يحيى التميمي وأبو جعفر محمد بن الصباح وعبيدالله القواريري وسريج بن يونس كلهم عن يوسف بن الماجشون (واللفظ لابن الصباح) حدثنا يوسف أبو سلمة الماجشون حدثنا محمد بن المنكدر عن سعيد بن المسيب عن عامر بن سعد ابن أبي وقاص عن أبيه قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم لعلي أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا أنه لا نبي بعدي
Yahya b. Yahya al-Tamimi, Abu Ja’far Muhammad b. al-Sabah, ‘Ubayd Allah al-Qawariri and Surayj b. Yunus – Yunus b. al-Majishun – Yusuf Abu Salamah al-Majishun – Muhammad b. al-Munkadar – Sa’id b. al-Musayyab – ‘Amir b. Sa’d b. Abi Waqqas – his father (Sa’d b. Abi Waqqas):
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to ‘Ali: “You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, except that there is no prophet after me.”2
Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) as well documents:
حدثنا عبد الله حدثني أبى ثنا يحيى بن سعيد عن موسى الجهني قال دخلت على فاطمة بنت على فقال لها رفيقي أبو سهل كم لك قالت ستة وثمانون سنة قال ما سمعت من أبيك شيئا قالت حدثتني أسماء بنت عميس ان رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم قال لعلي أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى الا أنه ليس بعدي نبي
‘Abd Allah (b. Ahmad) – my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) – Yahya b. Sa’id – Musa al-Juhani – Fatimah bint ‘Ali – Asma bint ‘Umays:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to ‘Ali: “You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, except that there is no prophet after me.”3
Shaykh al-Arnaut comments:
إسناده صحيح
Its chain is sahih4

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We need not extend our research on the authenticity of the hadith, since there is no denial of it. So, we will simply cap the above with these words of Imam al-Kattani (d. 1345 H) about the hadith:
وقد تتبع ابن عساكر طرقه في جزء فبلغ عدد الصحابة فيه نيفا عشرين وفي شرح الرسالة للشيخ جسوس رحمه الله ما نصه وحديث أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى متواتر جاء عن نيف وعشرين صحابيا
Ibn Asakir investigated its chains in a volume, and the number of the Sahabah who narrated it (in his research) reached more than twenty. In Sharh al-Risalah of Shaykh Jasus, may Allah be merciful to him, he states: “And the hadith ‘You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa’ is mutawatir. It has been narrated by more than twenty Sahabah.”5
So, does Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah accept that Amir al-Muminin, ‘alaihi al-salam, was to Prophet Muhammad, sallallahu ‘alaihi wa alihi, of the status of Prophet Harun, ‘alaihi al-salam, to Prophet Musa, ‘alaihi al-salam? Of course, he does! However, he has limited the circumstance and the scope to just a one-off event:
كان النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال له ذلك في غزوة تبوك وكان صلى الله عليه و سلم كلما سافر في غزوة أو عمرة أو حج يستخلف على المدينة بعض الصحابة....
وبالجملة فمن المعلوم انه كان لا يخرج من المدينة حتى يستخلف وقد ذكر المسلمون من كان يستخلفه فقد سافر من المدينة في عمرتين عمرة الحديبية وعمرة القضاء وفي حجة الوداع وفي مغازيه اكثر من عشرين غزاة وفيها كلها استخلف وكان يكون بالمدينة رجال كثيرون يستخلف عليهم من يستخلفه فلما كان في غزوة تبوك لم يأذن لاحد في التخلف عنها وهي آخر مغازيه صلى الله عليه و سلم ولم يجتمع معه أحد كما اجتمع معه فيها فلم يتخلف عنه إلا النساء و الصبيان أو من هو معذور لعجزه عن الخروج أو من هو منافق و تخلف الثلاثة الذين تيب عليهم و لم يكن في المدينة رجال من المؤمنين يستخلف عليهم كما كان يستخلف عليهم في كل مرة بل كان هذا الاستخلاف اضعف من الاستخلافات المعتادة منه لأنه لم يبق في المدينة رجال من المؤمنين أقوياء يستخلف عليهم أحدا كما كان يبقى في جميع مغازيه
The Prophet, peace be upon him, said it (i.e. the hadith) to him (i.e. ‘Ali) during the Battle of Tabuk. Meanwhile, whenever he (the Prophet) made a journey for battle, or for ‘Umrah or Hajj, he used to make one of the Sahabah his khalifah over Madinah....
In summary, it is well-known that he (the Prophet) never left Madinah without appointing a khalifah over it. Muslims have mentioned those whom he appointed as khalifahs. He made journeys out of Madinah during two ‘Umrahs‘Umrah al-Hudaybiyyah and ‘Umrah al-Qadha – and during the Farewell Hajj, as well as in more than twenty battles.
On all of them (i.e. these occasions), he appointed khalifahs and there used to be several men in Madinah (on all these occasions) over whom the khalifah was given authority. However, during the battle of Tabuk, he (the Prophet) did not permit anyone to stay behind from it (i.e. the battle). It was his last battle, peace be upon him, and he never conscripted (for any battle) as he conscripted for it (i.e. Tabuk). Therefore, none was left (in Madinah) except women, children, those who were exempted due to inability, hypocrites, and three men who (later) repented.
There were no believing men in Madinah over whom to appoint a khalifah (during Tabuk), unlike the case on all other occasions. Rather, this appointment (of ‘Ali) as khalifah was inferior to the other, several khilafah appointments, because there were no strong believing men in Madinah (during Tabuk) over whom he (the Prophet) could have placed (‘Ali as) a khalifah, unlike the case in all his (the Prophet’s) other battles.6
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah obviously interprets the hadith as referring solely to Amir al-Muminin’s khilafah over Madinah during the battle of Tabuk. So, he was like Harun to Musa only for the duration of the battle. Once the battle ended, and the Messenger took over control of Madinah once again, ‘Ali ceased to be his Harun.
In the simplest terms, in the view of our Shaykh, the status of Imam ‘Ali as the Harun of Prophet Muhammad was temporary and shortlived and never extended beyond the Battle of Tabuk. Moreover, it was limited exclusively to ‘Ali’s governorate of Madinah while the battle lasted. It is very apparent that our Shaykh considers Hadith al-Manzilah to be specifically linked with the words of Musa in this verse:
وقال موسى لأخيه هارون اخلفني في قومي
Musa said to his brother, Harun: “Be my khalifah over my people.”7
Explaining the connection, Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah says:
و قيل أن بعض المنافقين طعن فيه و قال أنما خلفه لانه يبغضه فبين له النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم اني إنما استخلفتك لأمانتك عندي و أن الاستخلاف ليس بنقص و لا غض فإن موسى استخلف هارون على قومه فكيف يكون نقصا و موسى ليفعله بهارون فطيب بذلك قلب علي
It is said that some hypocrites condemned him (i.e. ‘Ali), and said that he (the Prophet) only made him (i.e. ‘Ali) a khalifah because he (the Prophet) hated him (i.e. ‘Ali). So, the Prophet, peace be upon him, explained to him, saying: “I have only made you a khalifah due to my trust in you, and that khilafah is neither a belittling step nor a demotion, for Musa appointed Harun as his khalifah over his people. How then could that have been a belittling step, while Musa did it with Harun?” Through that the mind of ‘Ali became clear.8
This logic of Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah suggests that all the governors of Madinah during the Prophet’s numerous absences were like Harun too. Therefore, it was not a merit at all for ‘Ali, much less an exclusive one! In fact, the khilafah of Amir al-Muminin was the most “inferior” of all, as submitted by our Shaykh! After all, his governorate was only over women, children, mutineers and hypocrites. By contrast, all the other governors had ruled over believers among the men and the women. It is at this point that things get really messy.
Khilafah can be temporary, permanent, restricted or total, depending on the circumstances. There is no doubt that the khilafah of Amir al-Muminin during Tabuk was both temporary and restricted. He was the governor of Madinah only, and not of the entire Islamic state. What Imam ‘Ali controlled during that time was merely a small percentage of the Ummah of Muhammad. By contrast, the khilafah of Prophet Harun was total. He was the khalifah of Prophet Musa over the entirety of “his people”. Therefore, there was simply no connection or comparison between the two khilafahs. Meanwhile, the Messenger of Allah specifically mentioned that ‘Ali was exactly like Harun!
In fact, the Prophet further specifically explained the khilafah component of the Harun-‘Ali comparison in a way that knocks out Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah! Ibn Abi ‘Asim (d. 287 H) records:
ثنا محمد بن المثنى، حدثنا يحي بن حماد، عن أبي عوانة، عن يحيى بن سليم أبي بلج عن عمرو بن ميمون، عن ابن عباس قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم لعلي: أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا أنك لست نبيا وأنت خليفتي في كل مؤمن من بعدي.
Muhammad b. al-Muthanna – Yahya b. Hammad – Abu ‘Awanah – Yahya b. Sulaym Abu Balj – ‘Amr b. Maymun – Ibn ‘Abbas: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to ‘Ali: “You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are my khalifah over EVERY BELIEVER after me.”9
Dr. Al-Jawabirah says:
اسناده حسن.
Its chain is hasan.10
‘Allamah al-Albani agrees:
إسناده حسن.
Its chain is hasan.11

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course, the khilafah of Harun too was over the entirety of Musa’s Ummah, and the same thing was intended for ‘Ali in this hadith! The Messenger of Allah was announcing him as the khalifah over all believers – in exactly the same way that Harun was – in any case of total absence of Muhammad from his Ummah – as Musa did.
Meanwhile, although Prophet Musa was able to keep away from his entire Ummah during his lifetime, the Messenger of Allah was unable to do that except through death. This apparently explains why he mentioned “after me” with the khilafah. It is also solely in this context that the phrase “except that there will be no prophet after me” makes any sense. If the Prophet had intended Hadith al-Manzilah to be limited to the duration of Tabuk only, on what logical basis would he have added those two expressions?
What is more? The Messenger of Allah never restricted the comparison between Harun and ‘Ali to mere khilafah, to begin with! ‘Allamah al-Albani, for instance, states:
أخرجه أحمد فى " المسند " (1/170) : حدثنا أبو سعيد مولى بنى هاشم حدثنا سليمان بن بلال حدثنا الجعيد بن عبد الرحمن عن عائشة بنت سعد عن أبيها: " أن عليا رضى الله عنه خرج مع النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم حتى جاء ثنية الوداع , وعلى رضى الله عنه يبكى , يقول: تخلفنى مع الخوالف؟ فقال: أما ترضى أن تكون منى بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا النبوة؟ ".
قلت: وهذا إسناد صحيح على شرط البخارى
Ahmad recorded it in al-Musnad (1/170): Abu Sa’id, freed slave of Banu Hashim – Sulayman b. Bilal – al-Ja’id b. ‘Abd al-Rahman – ‘Aishah bint Sa’d – her father:
Verily, ‘Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, WENT OUT WITH THE PROPHET, peace be upon him, UNTIL HE (THE PROPHET) REACHED THANIYYAH AL-WADA’, and ‘Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, was weeping, saying: “You are leaving me behind with the women and children?” So, he (the Prophet) replied, “Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa EXCEPT PROPHETHOOD?
I say: This chain is sahih upon the standard of al-Bukhari.12
Shaykh al-Arnaut agrees with him about the same hadith:
إسناده صحيح على شرط البخاري
Its chain is sahih upon the standard of al-Bukhari.13
In other words, all the components of Harun’s status to Musa were present in ‘Ali too. The only exception was that Harun was a co-prophet with Musa while ‘Ali was not a prophet at all. Needless to say, Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah’s restriction of the comparison to khilafah contradicts this authentic Sunnah! Amir al-Muminin was to the Prophet everything that Harun was to Musa with the sole exception of co-prophethood.
What further kills our Shaykh’s attempted diversion is the fact that the Messenger of Allah repeated that hadith to Imam ‘Ali outside the context or period of Tabuk! In the last hadith above, we read that ‘Ali went out of Madinah with the Prophet during Tabuk, till the Muslim army reached Thaniyyah al-Wada’. It was there that the Messenger mentioned the hadith to him. There were no women around. The women and children were all in Madinah, while only men were in the army at Thaniyyah al-Wada’. In the light of this, let us examine this hadith documented by Imam Ahmad:
حدثنا عبد الله حدثني أبي ثنا عبد الله بن نمير قال ثنا موسى الجهني قال حدثتني فاطمة بنت علي قالت حدثتني أسماء بنت عميس قالت سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يقول يا علي أنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى الا انه ليس بعدي نبي
‘Abd Allah (b. Ahmad) – my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) – ‘Abd Allah b. Numayr – Musa al-Juhani – Fatimah bint ‘Ali – Asma bint ‘Umays:
I HEARD the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying, “O ‘Ali! You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, except that there is no prophet after me.”14
Al-Arnaut comments:
إسناده صحيح
Its chain is sahih15
Apparently, Asma (a wife of Abu Bakr) did not “hear” this hadith at Thaniyyah al-Wada’. She certainly must have heard it inside Madinah, either before or after Tabuk. This fact alone completely defeats all of Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah’s efforts at reinterpreting Hadith al-Manzilah out of its intended purpose. Meanwhile, things get really much worse for him with Ibn ‘Abbas’ claim, radhiyallahu ‘anhu, that the “merit” in the hadith belonged exclusively to ‘Ali! Imam al-Hakim (d. 403 H) records:
أخبرنا أبو بكر أحمد بن جعفر بن حمدان القطيعي ببغداد من أصل كتابه ثنا عبد الله بن أحمد بن حنبل حدثني أبي ثنا يحيى بن حماد ثنا أبو عوانة ثنا أبو بلج ثنا عمرو بن ميمون ....قال ابن عباس :.... وقعوا في رجل له بضع عشرة فضائل ليست لأحد غيره.... وخرج رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في غزوة تبوك وخرج بالناس معه قال فقال له علي : أخرج معك قال : فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لا فبكى علي فقال له : أما ترضى أن تكون مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا أنه ليس بعدي نبي إنه لا ينبغي أن أذهب إلا وأنت خليفتي
Abu Bakr Ahmad b. Ja’far b. Hamadan al-Qati’i – ‘Abd Allah b. Ahmad b. Hanbal – my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) – Yahya b. Hammad – Abu ‘Awanah – Abu Balj – ‘Amr b. Maymun .... Ibn ‘Abbas said:
.... They are attacking a man who has ten EXCLUSIVE merits.... The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, went out for the battle of Tabuk, and the people went out with him. So, ‘Ali said to him, “Let me go out with you.” Therefore, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Do not weep, ‘Ali. Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that there is no prophet after me? Verily, it is not right that I depart except with you as my khalifah.”16
Al-Hakim says:
هذا حديث صحيح الإسناد
This hadith has a sahih chain.17
Al-Dhahabi (d. 748 H) backs him:
Sahih.18
Was ‘Ali then the only governor ever appointed over Madinah during the Prophet’s lifetime?! Obviously, the hadith is very, very far from what Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah claims!

There also many Shia narrations of it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So in Sunni sources, it's reached Tawatur level, and has been narrated more than 20 companions.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
The Prophet (s) did not say I am leaving Quran and Ahlulbayt till Hassan Al-Askari (a) dies. Sorry. You make things up.

He didn’t have to say that. It is obvious.
Ahlulbayt is not among you.
Prophet did not say, replace them with Hadith.
It was God's will, the Ahlulbayt will not be among you any longer.

Now, your forefathers replaced them with Hadith and Tafseer. This is their invention. They did not want to just accept the Will of God.
This is where Islam went wrong.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Part of relying on God is his guidance and part of relying on God per Quran is to ask the family of the reminder. To query them. This document shows how to establish a just society and government.

Firstly Allah did not ask people to establish an Islamic Government.
Secondly, Imams did not instruct you, to use this document for future establishment of Government.

It is a mis-application of a document.
1400 years ago had different conditions.
It was a totally different time and society.

You cannot apply something from 1400 years ago, to our time.

I'm not aware of the details established in this document anywhere else and guidance from God is needed pertaining to all things. The Quran doesn't go details on how to govern.

Exactly. Maybe you need to reconsider that, if Allah wanted Muslims to establish a Government, He was not unable to give you such instruction neither God was ignorant to do so.

That's exactly where Islam went wrong.

"We do not find what we want in the Book of God, so, let's invent it for God"

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Here's one. Sahih Bukhari. You want more?View attachment 93273View attachment 93272

Dude, i don't think you really understood our discussion here.

The Words of Allah, is what Prophet left for Muslims (i.e. the Quran).
He did not say, I leave for you Hadithes, so, When I am not among you, follow Hadithes. Yet, you quote a Hadith?

Nope, quote a verse of the Quran that says, Revelation of God is ended with the Quran. You make it look like, Allah was unable, or forgetful to say this in the Quran, so, now you have bring Hadithes.

Do you see the problem? This is exactly how and why Islam is divided into sp many sects, who are in conflict with each other.
Because they did not follow the guidence from Allah. Because they did not follow the advise of the Prophet, when He said "I left for you two things: Quran and Ahlulbayt".

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
How do you know Prophet said these words? Quran and Ahlulbayt. Since you don't accept hadiths as authority.

Excellent and fair question. See, you are mindful and understanding when you want to.

The basis is the Quran verse:

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَاكَ سَبْعًا مِنْ الْمَثَانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ.
And certainly We have given you seven of the oft-repeated and the grand Quran. (Surah Hijr 15:87)

Notice, Quran says the same. God gave you two things. Not just Quran:

1. A double of Seven.
2. Quran

What does Two Sevens mean سبعا من المثاني

It means 14.
It is very possible it is an allusion to 14 Infallibles, or 14 معصوم

ـ شي : تفسير العياشي عن يونس بن عبد الرحمن رفعه [٣] قال : سألت أبا عبد الله 7 عن قول الله : ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال إن ظاهرها الحمد وباطنها ولد الولد والسابع منها القائم 7 [٤].

٧ ـ قال حسان [٥] سألت أبا جعفر 7 عن قول الله : ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال ليس هكذا تنزيلها [٦] إنما هي ولقد آتيناك سبع مثاني [٧] نحن هم ( وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) ولد الولد [٨].

٨ ـ شي : تفسير العياشي عن القاسم بن عروة عن أبي جعفر 7 في قول الله ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال سبعة أئمة والقائم [٩].

٩ ـ شي : تفسير العياشي سماعة قال قال أبو الحسن 7 ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال لم يعط الأنبياء إلا محمد 9 وهم السبعة الأئمة الذين يدور عليهم الفلك والقرآن العظيم محمد 9 [١٠].

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Excellent and fair question. See, you are mindful and understanding when you want to.

The basis is the Quran verse:

And certainly We have given you seven of the oft-repeated and the grand Quran. (Surah Hijr 15:87)

Notice, Quran says the same. God gave you two things. Not just Quran:

1. A double of Seven.
2. Quran

It means 14.
It is very possible it is an allusion to 14 Infallibles, or 14 معصوم

ـ شي : تفسير العياشي عن يونس بن عبد الرحمن رفعه [٣] قال : سألت أبا عبد الله 7 عن قول الله : ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال إن ظاهرها الحمد وباطنها ولد الولد والسابع منها القائم 7 [٤].

٧ ـ قال حسان [٥] سألت أبا جعفر 7 عن قول الله : ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال ليس هكذا تنزيلها [٦] إنما هي ولقد آتيناك سبع مثاني [٧] نحن هم ( وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) ولد الولد [٨].

٨ ـ شي : تفسير العياشي عن القاسم بن عروة عن أبي جعفر 7 في قول الله ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال سبعة أئمة والقائم [٩].

٩ ـ شي : تفسير العياشي سماعة قال قال أبو الحسن 7 ( وَلَقَدْ آتَيْناكَ سَبْعاً مِنَ الْمَثانِي وَالْقُرْآنَ الْعَظِيمَ ) قال لم يعط الأنبياء إلا محمد 9 وهم السبعة الأئمة الذين يدور عليهم الفلك والقرآن العظيم محمد 9 [١٠].
What about the hadiths that state it's Surah Fatiha? Ahlulbayt Authority in Quran doesn't mean Prophet (S) said these words. I'm asking you how do you know he said these words?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Hmm. You teach other people arabic right? Even in this thread you were teaching arabic to the other guy. You are a teacher. Expert.

Tell me. What nuances in the Fusha Atthuraath does this word "seven" or "Sabaa" have in meaning? It's simple Kamoos and ilm atthawaleeyah.

So tell me the nuances in arabic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exactly. Maybe you need to reconsider that, if Allah wanted Muslims to establish a Government, He was not unable to give you such instruction neither God was ignorant to do so.

That's exactly where Islam went wrong.

"We do not find what we want in the Book of God, so, let's invent it for God"
The Quran doesn't contain the details of Salah. Did we invent Salah?