• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Whenever our daughter asks for Father Heathen to download music for her, he always slips in some random nonsense like Hanson or King Diamond (ha ha!).

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I have a seminar for Aflac tomorrow, which may or may not lead to a job interview.

This is the first sign of any progress since I've started job hunting again, but I've also heard mixed things about working for Aflac.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I really need to stop hoarding books on my Kindle. I had 1,085 books on it. I am now deleting all of them and starting over with just the ones I plan to read soon. Lmao.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I really need to stop hoarding books on my Kindle. I had 1,085 books on it. I am now deleting all of them and starting over with just the ones I plan to read soon. Lmao.
I have absolutely loads of books but I never seem to end up reading as many as I would like. For some reason, I become the most interesting person in the world as soon as I try to do something for myself, like read.

Both phones, the door, IMs... my hopes of becoming a hermit are dashed. ;)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I have absolutely loads of books but I never seem to end up reading as many as I would like. For some reason, I become the most interesting person in the world as soon as I try to do something for myself, like read.

Yeah, I have the same problem. I have thousands of books on my computer and who knows how many physical books. They might at well just be decorations. It's an addiction, really.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Yeah, I have the same problem. I have thousands of books on my computer and who knows how many physical books. They might at well just be decorations. It's an addiction, really.
Same here. It doesn't help my books are usually religion or philosophy based, and that freaks out a lot of people I meet (as where I live is very secular) and then they'll ask me why I'm reading that, am I converting to X religion, so on and so on.

I had someone do that just last week when the saw some of the books I was renewing online from the library.

It went something like this:

"ISLAM?! WHY ARE YOU READING THAT? THEY'RE ALL TERRORISTS."
"... wow. That's... wow..."
"Well, not ALL of them, but most..." (This set off a Muslim Deobandi, but unrelated)
"Oh, don't talk wet, there's 1.2 billion Muslims." (Colloqualism, it means "don't say daft things")
"But they're religious. Religion is the root of all wars."
"Okay, so how were the Falklands and World War I religious?"
"Religion was INVOLVED in them."
"So were shoes."
"Anyway, why are you reading it?"
"Because I like history, religion, philosophy, and reading?"
"Oh."

:facepalm:
And that's why I'd love to be a hermit.
:D

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Same here. It doesn't help my books are usually religion or philosophy based, and that freaks out a lot of people I meet (as where I live is very secular) and then they'll ask me why I'm reading that, am I converting to X religion, so on and so on.

I had someone do that just last week when the saw some of the books I was renewing online from the library.

It went something like this:

"ISLAM?! WHY ARE YOU READING THAT? THEY'RE ALL TERRORISTS."
"... wow. That's... wow..."
"Well, not ALL of them, but most..." (This set off a Muslim Deobandi, but unrelated)
"Oh, don't talk wet, there's 1.2 billion Muslims." (Colloqualism, it means "don't say daft things")
"But they're religious. Religion is the root of all wars."
"Okay, so how were the Falklands and World War I religious?"
"Religion was INVOLVED in them."
"So were shoes."
"Anyway, why are you reading it?"
"Because I like history, religion, philosophy, and reading?"
"Oh."

:facepalm:
And that's why I'd love to be a hermit.
:D

Where the hell do you live? o_O

I have a ton of books about religion. Mostly Bibles and Catholic writings, but I have books on Paganism, mythology and the occult/Satanism. But that's the physical books. I have a HUGE folder of occult books and grimoires. Then I have a general religious books folder that has material about religions from all around the world, but mainly Greco-Roman and Norse Paganism and Christianity.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Where the hell do you live? o_O
A very working class area of a culturally Northern area in the United Kingdom.

I have a ton of books about religion. Mostly Bibles and Catholic writings, but I have books on Paganism, mythology and the occult/Satanism. But that's the physical books.
Nice.

I have a HUGE folder of occult books and grimoires.
Sweet, where did you find those?

Then I have a general religious books folder that has material about religions from all around the world, but mainly Greco-Roman and Norse Paganism and Christianity.
And you're getting rid of most of them? Damn.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I have a seminar for Aflac tomorrow, which may or may not lead to a job interview.

This is the first sign of any progress since I've started job hunting again, but I've also heard mixed things about working for Aflac.

So, I went to the seminar and while there are aspects of the company I don't necessarily like (commission, relatively expensive certification fees, etc,), the positives seem to outweigh the negatives. Especially the amount of money a part-timer can make in their first year.

That being said, an interview has been set up for next week. Not that a job is guaranteed, but it will help me (and the manager) see if this kind of work is right for me.

Edit: As far as I know, selling insurance is an aggressive business. As such, I'm not putting much hope into actually getting a job or going anywhere with it. However, if it happens, then it happens.

Last edited: