• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I sympathize.
Ya gotta decide whom to avoid, & how to handle each of the others.
Still, it will be vexing at times.
Totally.
It feels like people are either deliberately misunderstanding, or reading comprehension and intelligence has gone down a lot since I left, but aggressive attitudes have gone up.

I'm not finding the place fun at the moment. I'll give it a bit longer and see if I still feel this way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Totally.
It feels like people are either deliberately misunderstanding, or reading comprehension and intelligence has gone down a lot since I left, but aggressive attitudes have gone up.

I'm not finding the place fun at the moment. I'll give it a bit longer and see if I still feel this way.
I am continually amazed that posters can infer from my post something unrelated or even the
complete opposite. Sometimes, they're so wedded to being RIGHT, that there is no dissuading'm.
Those, especially the bullies, are the ones to avoid.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I am continually amazed that posters can infer from my post something unrelated or even the
complete opposite. Sometimes, they're so wedded to being RIGHT, that there is no dissuading'm.
Those, especially the bullies, are the ones to avoid.
Absolutely. I've felt like it's been opposite week a lot of the time.
I don't know how to make it any simpler, but it still seems to keep getting distorted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Absolutely. I've felt like it's been opposite week a lot of the time.
I don't know how to make it any simpler, but it still seems to keep getting distorted.
A coincidence.....I've sometimes asked a poster if it's "opposite day" again.
And you have a whole week of it? Criminy!

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In a way, I'm kind of relieved. I thought it was something of me.
I've been a bit of a knob because of it, too. Makes me feel bad. I don't actually like being a knob. :cover:
Sometimes we receive the calling to make pointed responses.
Tis best if they're carefully considered for effects.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sometimes we receive the calling to make pointed responses.
Tis best if they're carefully considered for effects.
I'd like to give more detailed responses, but I lack the motivation at the moment, and I seem to have the opinion that it'll be ignored. :/

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
So, I went to the seminar and while there are aspects of the company I don't necessarily like (commission, relatively expensive certification fees, etc,), the positives seem to outweigh the negatives. Especially the amount of money a part-timer can make in their first year.

That being said, an interview has been set up for next week. Not that a job is guaranteed, but it will help me (and the manager) see if this kind of work is right for me.

Edit: As far as I know, selling insurance is an aggressive business. As such, I'm not putting much hope into actually getting a job or going anywhere with it. However, if it happens, then it happens.

Aflac is awesome! Best wishes!

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
How come, man?

It's considered one the the most useful languages in the world (around 800 million native speakers and up to 1 billion people if you include those who speak it as a second language). It's also said that, although reading and writing are another story, it's relatively easy to speak. I also like how it sounds.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
It's considered one the the most useful languages in the world (around 800 million native speakers and up to 1 billion people if you include those who speak it as a second language). It's also said that, although reading and writing are another story, it's relatively easy to speak. I also like how it sounds.
If you like how it sounds, then go for it. :)

I picked up a little Cantonese from the local Chinese takeaway, because my friend was a delivery driver. I don't know enough to order food, but I do know enough to start a fight with someone or act like a letch. :D