• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm feeling depressed and self help is totally useless. Says that negative thoughts distorts reality... Well not in my case. All the negatives are facts. There's no thought to challenge here. How do you cope in this case?

Totally useless! :(

Depression can make people believe that they're useless, worthless, etc., and even lead them to believe that those are facts. I don't think you're useless at all; from reading your posts, it seems to me that you are a kind person who loves her husband and strives to be a good partner. That alone makes you far from "useless."

Hang in there, illykitty. I'll send good vibes your way. :hug:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I'm feeling depressed and self help is totally useless. Says that negative thoughts distorts reality... Well not in my case. All the negatives are facts. There's no thought to challenge here. How do you cope in this case?

Totally useless! :(

Yeah it's really tough; hang in there. Depression definitely distorts reality though even if your current situation does seem to match up with the negative thoughts. In my experience, it's taken serious reconstruction of my thinking to work through these things; chronic depression actually changes your brain structure. Because you have to deal with so many other, internal, things, it's that much harder just to do the normal things that regular people do. Just in trying to do those things too, you are tougher than the average person! I dont think you need to feel pressure to do things that normal people do, you have your own things to work on :) And just because you might not be able to function the way normal people do, doesn't mean that you are inadequate. It's taken me a while to feel mostly comfortable with myself and realize that im just different and do things differently and I wont be living like regular people live and that's cool. I've got my own life to live and that's good enough.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Thanks all, it really means a lot. It's really hard to deal with and the worse part is that I feel guilty for feeling this way.

You're right DreadFish, it's just painful at times because some people in my life remind me that I don't live the same way and make me feel that it's wrong and I should be "normal".

Tumah

Veteran Member
Thanks all, it really means a lot. It's really hard to deal with and the worse part is that I feel guilty for feeling this way.

You're right DreadFish, it's just painful at times because some people in my life remind me that I don't live the same way and make me feel that it's wrong and I should be "normal".

I think when people dwell on another's failure and constantly voice it, it causes that person to dwell on it too and that probably leads to depression. I don't think we should consider our negative traits a distortion of reality. What I do think is that we should remember that everyone has both positive and negative traits - even if someone else's negative traits are not readily apparent. Dwelling on the negative is the distortion, because it causes one to ignore one's positive attributes as well as drains the person of energy to rise above the challenge.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I'm eating chocolate cakes yum yum!

@Illykitty:
Take it easy there sis. God willing, everything is gonna get better for you soon as long as you keep trying faithfully. Be optimistic. This life ends some time and we cannot do anything about that, and we should live it to the fullest :)

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond

Yeah, I know the guilt well. That definitely is a distortion; there's no need to feel guilty about depression.

As far as what other people say, they are just ignorant. For people like that: I just stopped respecting the validity of their opinion on the matter; they know nothing of what it's like and their opinion lacks value as a result. Of course, as a male, im more likely to react angrily to that sort of thing, and belittle them in return, so take that with a grain of salt.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Thanks a lot DreadFish, I must admit, at first, I didn't entirely get what you said... It felt like you said to give up and accept the circumstances but now I feel I understand that's it's the total opposite. I'll try my best! :D

Thanks all, it's great to know people who care and empathise.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It was soooooooo tempting to just take the 3 hour ride to the nearest Chinatown for Dim Sum today and NOT go to work......but I caved....and went to work

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Two double cheese burgers, please, both plain!

What the... why is there no cheese? It's called double CHEESE burger!

Why do some people act without thinking?

Written by:
Smart Guy

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I've been having stomach pains, I assume from being depressed and anxious so much lately. I'm relaxing now though... Which hopefully will take care of this.

Also I ate very plain raw food today for dinner. That will help ease the stomach I think.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Two double cheese burgers, please, both plain!

What the... why is there no cheese? It's called double CHEESE burger!

Why do some people act without thinking?

Written by:
Smart Guy

Did someone say cheeseburger?:D:yes:
The best c.burgers are the ones DESIGNED to be cheeseburgers, not just a ....hamburger with cheese..

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Did someone say cheeseburger?:D:yes:
The best c.burgers are the ones DESIGNED to be cheeseburgers, not just a ....hamburger with cheese..

I know exactly what you mean bro/sis!

...the right kind of cheese seated correctly and melted evenly on the meat giving that mixed taste of the two heavenly main ingredients... :drool:

Oh my God!

OH MY GOD!

:D