• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And I'm trying to figure out how Porterville is an "All American City" when it's pretty much the least patriotic city I've been to? Plenty of cities back in Indiana have more Americana on one block than this entire city it seems.
And how is this part of the state supposed to be Conservative? It seems more moderate to me. But that could be because Indiana is very Conservative, I see more people with hair dyed unnatural colors here, and the few churches that has this area not passing my "experience with Conservatives meter measurer."
For conservative, I recommend Orange County.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
For conservative, I recommend Orange County.
I might have to do a scientificyishlike experiment to see how long those of Orange County tell me to leave/get out, and compare it to my data-like-rememberances of experiences in Indiana, and from there establish "Wolf's True Conservative Measurement Thingy."

Shadow Wolf

Well, you have noticed how often I am right haven't you?
That's how to always be right. Only say things that you already know are true. Like I do.
Tom
OOO!!! Now I can became one of those arrogant smart people pricks who rubs it in people's faces that I'm never wrong and not be lying about it.:D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, you have noticed how often I am right haven't you?
That's how to always be right. Only say things that you already know are true. Like I do.
Tom
Here's a pearl of wisdom from Revoltistan's POOP (Parables Of Original Prudence)....
What matters more than being correct often, is to be wrong seldom.
People only remember errors. And they hate a smarty pants.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I might have to do a scientificyishlike experiment to see how long those of Orange County tell me to leave/get out, and compare it to my data-like-rememberances of experiences in Indiana, and from there establish "Wolf's True Conservative Measurement Thingy."
It's a kind of conservative you might fit in with though.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It all relative...an environmental activist I knew in Indy said he really wanted to move to the Pacific Northwest, but he didn't because he would have to become a Conservative Republican...

Shadow Wolf

It all relative...an environmental activist I knew in Indy said he really wanted to move to the Pacific Northwest, but he didn't because he would have to become a Conservative Republican...
I moved away (I was about 50-60 miles north of Indy) to get away from all the Conservative Republicans. I don't think Democrat Californians have to worry about me adding to the Republican votes in the state, lol. (it's not an exaggeration that people have, in one way or another, told me to get out/leave the state).
But I am no longer a pretend fan of the Patriots/hater of the Colts. And because I'm not seeing much in the ways of football paraphernalia I don't know who to pretend to hate or cheer for. Where come from it's obvious I should hate the Colts given all the Colts crap every where. Here I haven't seen enough football junk to even know who the local team is. If Manning were still on the Colts then I'd probably just say **** it and be a pretend Colt's fan, lol.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I moved away (I was about 50-60 miles north of Indy) to get away from all the Conservative Republicans. I don't think Democrat Californians have to worry about me adding to the Republican votes in the state, lol. (it's not an exaggeration that people have, in one way or another, told me to get out/leave the state).
But I am no longer a pretend fan of the Patriots/hater of the Colts. And because I'm not seeing much in the ways of football paraphernalia I don't know who to pretend to hate or cheer for. Where come from it's obvious I should hate the Colts given all the Colts crap every where. Here I haven't seen enough football junk to even know who the local team is. If Manning were still on the Colts then I'd probably just say **** it and be a pretend Colt's fan, lol.
Football? The football we see played at our local park is called soccer by most. Otherwise it's called Australian football. But I'm pretty disconnected from the sports world these days.

Shadow Wolf

Football? The football we see played at our local park is called soccer by most. Otherwise it's called Australian football. But I'm pretty disconnected from the sports world these days.
It doesn't seem to be everywhere to the point of pollution here like it is Indiana. There is football and basketball crap everywhere. Racing crap everywhere. Baseball crap everywhere. Though the preference is definitely towards painting the town blue, selling Colts crap in the local branches of national franchises, and making sure everyone knows you are in Colt's territory.
I'm LOVING having seen practically no sports crap since I got here.

Shadow Wolf

If I had to work at Dunder Mifflin, it scares me to think about what arsenal I would bring along to shoot the place up with and perforate everyone beyond recognition.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And I'm trying to figure out how Porterville is an "All American City" when it's pretty much the least patriotic city I've been to? Plenty of cities back in Indiana have more Americana on one block than this entire city it seems.
And how is this part of the state supposed to be Conservative? It seems more moderate to me. But that could be because Indiana is very Conservative, I see more people with hair dyed unnatural colors here, and the few churches that has this area not passing my "experience with Conservatives meter measurer."
"conservative" and "liberal" are relative not absolute in at least some respects. But your Congressman is a conservative Republican which is an endangered species out here. And he's likely to win in November.

Shadow Wolf

But your Congressman is a conservative Republican which is an endangered species out here. And he's likely to win in November.
Yes, I read the Congressional reps here are Republican. And if plans go accordingly, I won't be here much past election day, if I'm here that long at all. Then it's off to the outskirts of the greater LA metro area, around the Inland Empire area to not pay the LA cost of living.