• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And it's weird living in a neighborhood and having neighbors all over the place. It's weird that it isn't that quiet here at night. And it's really weird living around more people than cows.
This might be a California thing, but we mangled coworkers to cow-orkers for some odd reason.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So one of the neighbors is **** at watching their dogs and these two dogs walked around crapping and pissing on everybody's yard, and they got close enough to a fence (there are no gaps to see through) that it got a dog growling and snarling, ferociously enough to suggest it might exceeds the weight limit for dogs in this area. It's also weird seeing people walk around at night.
And last night I saw some weird green flash from some electric thingy, it flashed multiple times over the course of about a minute, with the initial flashes being bright enough to kill the street lights. One of the neighbors who comes home later at night became the first person to even acknowledge me when he asked about it.
And I've noticed people don't wave to you, say hi, or anything like that in passing like they do in Indiana. Weird, but definitely nice because it takes the pressure off me to do petty social rituals that are smaller than small talk.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And I've noticed people don't wave to you, say hi, or anything like that in passing like they do in Indiana. Weird, but definitely nice because it takes the pressure off me to do petty social rituals that are smaller than small talk.

Crowded places tend to do that. In some places, on trails, dog parks and the like there is social interaction.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The truth is out there

66de1a106d0d013645d6005056a9545d

Shadow Wolf

If money weren't a problem, if greed hadn't been in the way and the drive for money from investors and obstacle, what would the world look like if Telsa had been able to develop his stuff?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If money weren't a problem, if greed hadn't been in the way and the drive for money from investors and obstacle, what would the world look like if Telsa had been able to develop his stuff?
If greed etc were not in the way, the world would be transformed. May that day come soon.

Shadow Wolf

I went to set an appoint at the local DMV, but it couldn't get me in until next month. So I guess I'll be going with my original plan of showing up before they open to hopefully not have to wait too long. And if I do end up waiting this is why I almost always carry a book with me. If I have time to wait, I have time to read.

Shadow Wolf

It's a great opportunity to draw rude pictures on the bear's face.
I don't feel like losing an arm in the event the bear wakes up. I can be grumpy enough as it is being woken up early and rudely and being tired still. A bear being that way is something I'd rather not experience.

Shadow Wolf

I'm still waiting to feel an earthquake. I found out today though I'm not in the best place for those.
I also noticed today, if I wouldn't have learned it in researching this area and hearing from others who live around here I never would have guessed this area is considered Conservative. Or, at least that is what it's considered. In my personal experience it feels way more moderate than that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I went to set an appoint at the local DMV, but it couldn't get me in until next month. So I guess I'll be going with my original plan of showing up before they open to hopefully not have to wait too long. And if I do end up waiting this is why I almost always carry a book with me. If I have time to wait, I have time to read.
Yup. That's the way it works. Sometimes an office a bit further away is less busy but showing up and waiting is the frequent fallback.