• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yes. 10 miles is "a bit". When I lived back East, 10 miles was a long way. Now, 10 miles is nothing. Or rather, a 15-20 minute drive is nothing much at all.
15-20 minutes is what I'm used to from Indiana. But everything here just seems so far away. This state makes Indiana look short, and there's tons of rocks in between gas stations, lol.

Shadow Wolf

This "Super Burger" and "In-and-Out Burger," they are both so lame and utterly mediocre that I'll never understand the hype.
I also got to try Jack-n-the-box (Indiana has them, but none around where I was), and was equally unwowed by the lifeless bland waste of what could have been.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This "Super Burger" and "In-and-Out Burger," they are both so lame and utterly mediocre that I'll never understand the hype.
I also got to try Jack-n-the-box (Indiana has them, but none around where I was), and was equally unwowed by the lifeless bland waste of what could have been.
It's been over a decade since I ate at Jack, McDonalds and the like. My body is happy with that.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't feel like losing an arm in the event the bear wakes up. I can be grumpy enough as it is being woken up early and rudely and being tired still. A bear being that way is something I'd rather not experience.

Bears always wake up grumpy...it is just a matter of how grumpy

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Got a new crown on my tooth...but...its to high on won side and I can't chew on either side of my mouth

Shadow Wolf

Turns out here in California the DMV will not accept laminated birth certificates and social security cards. Indiana DMV will. Indiana, the Conservative state that looks Conservative, is already Real ID compliant and was an early state to do so. And here the Liberal state, they aren't even requiring it yet and are "well, the feds are going to require it by this time so you should get it done sooner rather than later."

Shadow Wolf

And I'm trying to figure out how Porterville is an "All American City" when it's pretty much the least patriotic city I've been to? Plenty of cities back in Indiana have more Americana on one block than this entire city it seems.
And how is this part of the state supposed to be Conservative? It seems more moderate to me. But that could be because Indiana is very Conservative, I see more people with hair dyed unnatural colors here, and the few churches that has this area not passing my "experience with Conservatives meter measurer."

Shadow Wolf

I also wonder if there are alien races with advanced intelligence, how many of these races have engineers who get super ultra technical in their designs by naming things "Very Large Telescope" or "Very Large Array" or "thingy mabobber" and "doohickey?"