• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
"conservative" and "liberal" are relative not absolute in at least some respects.
It certainly does seem that way. With the immigrant population, amount of Spanish being spoken, all the blue and pink dyed hair I've seen, and maybe a handful for of churches for the same population as one of the nearby cities I come from, I'd think this place was Liberal. And I've seen more people dressed up as cowboys here than I ever saw in Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

I'm still amazed that I've only seen a few people smoke or vape. Indiana, on the other hand, is one big butt can and vape cloud.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It certainly does seem that way. With the immigrant population, amount of Spanish being spoken, all the blue and pink dyed hair I've seen, and maybe a handful for of churches for the same population as one of the nearby cities I come from, I'd think this place was Liberal. And I've seen more people dressed up as cowboys here than I ever saw in Indiana.
There aren't many of that kind of garb up here.

Shadow Wolf

There aren't many of that kind of garb up here.
With all the sun, I'm surprised I'm seeing so many shorts and t-shirts and not more jeans and long sleeved shirts. I even found my own long sleeved shirt to be surprisingly comfortable in this heat. So it was a nice bonus of looking as fashionable as I get, not burning up, and protection from the sun.
But then again I suppose not everyone would fry to a crispy spending an hour or so under this kind of sun exposure might be why I haven't seen many.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
With all the sun, I'm surprised I'm seeing so many shorts and t-shirts and not more jeans and long sleeved shirts.
But then again I suppose not everyone would fry to a crispy spending an hour or so under this kind of sun exposure.
Outside of fashion which I don't think about much at all, it's temperature related. In SF especially near the ocean, long pants etc are much more common

Shadow Wolf

Outside of fashion which I don't think about much at all, it's temperature related. In SF especially near the ocean, long pants etc are much more common
My mom's going there tomorrow without me. :(
But she's going with her friend, and I don't want to go with her friend, and I don't want to go with my mom if she's going to be with her friend. So it is a loss, but a loss that preserves my sanity. So I'll just trot up there one of these days on my own and maybe spend a weekend (the drive from LA to Frisco takes about as long as it does to go from end of Indiana to the other).

Shadow Wolf

There is a dense fog advisory back in Indiana. That is something I will miss, because the dense fog they speak of, in the right areas (particularity the country side graveyards under a moon light sky) look like a real life horror movie.
And what's up with a forecast that says "Sunshine/Sunny/Plenty of sun/Plenty of sunshine/" to describe the sun on different days? Why not keep it simple and just say "more sun than a ginger's worst nightmare?"