• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You appear to have missed the "Audrey" reference from way way back in the dark ages of 1986:

I got it. But the plant I have, those plants have so many names anymore I don't know what it's called.
And '86, when I was born, was the dark ages? Cool!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I got it. But the plant I have, those plants have so many names anymore I don't know what it's called.
And '86, when I was born, was the dark ages? Cool!
Actually the dark ages is before then. A friend the other day mentioned Aretha Franklin to someone who is pretty young and got a blank stare in response. Clearly my past stretches back to when dinosaurs ruled the world or perhaps to when we all lived in caves.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Actually the dark ages is before then. A friend the other day mentioned Aretha Franklin to someone who is pretty young and got a blank stare in response. Clearly my past stretches back to when dinosaurs ruled the world or perhaps to when we all lived in caves.
Knowing who Aretha Franklin is, or not, isn't about age but having good tastes in music. If you don't know who the Queen of Soul is, you need to examine your life and evaluate your core beliefs and make some serious changes in your life. It's about on par with not knowing who Freddie Mercury is, and if you don't know then you should come to my "reprogramming and enculturing" camp and begin living a life enriched by fine quality music.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Knowing who Aretha Franklin is, or not, isn't about age but having good tastes in music. If you don't know who the Queen of Soul is, you need to examine your life and evaluate your core beliefs and make some serious changes in your life. It's about on par with not knowing who Freddie Mercury is, and if you don't know then you should come to my "reprogramming and enculturing" camp and begin living a life enriched by fine quality music.
I agree and would also note that too many people I know tend to focus on the music current when they were growing up and stay locked into that music for decades on end ignoring music from before and after that era.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Weeds are suffering a well-deserved fate out in my yard. They did not listen when I told them to grow elsewhere. Too bad for them.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had a bad dream last night and in the morning I had a bloody nose and so, I might die if it happens again. Just so you know.