• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Californiastanian politics....you think they're a positive?
They preserve my basic rights as a citizen better than Indiana does.
I've also already seen the trees. I definitely want to see them again.
Ultimate_HDR_Camera_20170915_135829.jpg 20170915_141713.jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Californiastanian politics....you think they're a positive?
Yes absolutely. I love that our governor is fiscally prudent and is building a rainy day fund, for example.

I do know that CA is far from ideal given the influence of special interest groups, but even so, we're really ever so much better than the current DC swamp or most other states.

Shadow Wolf

This is a big big country.
Those who wonder why Americans typically never travel outside of the country, I don't think they realize how big and geographically diverse America really is. I traveled through the lush hills, plains and mountains, forests and desert, and noticed at least three regional accents/dialects. It's like I traveled through a few countries to get here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes absolutely. I love that our governor is fiscally prudent and is building a rainy day fund, for example.

I do know that CA is far from ideal given the influence of special interest groups, but even so, we're really ever so much better than the current DC swamp or most other states.
The underlined portion I like.

Shadow Wolf

And surprisingly more ready to secede from the Union than Texas. Why just have boarder check points on the Mexico/US boarder when you can have them along the other US states as well?

Shadow Wolf

I shocked a local who thought there was no way to get into the state without going through the agriculture check points. I learned of them the day before I got into California, and had to learn how to get around them because I was given a parting gift that wouldn't have made it through.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I shocked a local who thought there was no way to get into the state without going through the agriculture check points. I learned of them the day before I got into California, and had to learn how to get around them because I was given a parting gift that wouldn't have made it through.
A plant named "Audrey"?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Those who wonder why Americans typically never travel outside of the country, I don't think they realize how big and geographically diverse America really is. I traveled through the lush hills, plains and mountains, forests and desert, and noticed at least three regional accents/dialects. It's like I traveled through a few countries to get here.
If you want to look at some alternate maps, you did:

hilary-png.296134

Shadow Wolf

If you want to look at some alternate maps, you did:

hilary-png.296134
One thing interesting I noticed, "Jesus land" has fewer Jesus billboards and churches all over the place than "Trumpland," and they increase in frequency the further south/east you go. But I didn't see many at all going south/west.
As for "Rainbow Nation," one of the first people I encountered in California (while at a gas station) was a trans-woman, same height as me, and with pink hair needing touched up.

Shadow Wolf

I grew up in southern California, and lived in Los Angeles for 15 years after that. When I go back now, the traffic is awful and everything is so gentrified and expensive. I hope you're in a more reasonable area of CA.
I'll be getting closer to LA than I am now. No close enough to play the LA cost of living, but close enough to enjoy myself.

Shadow Wolf

I just learned about the Nike and Levi burning thing. Too bad people who burn them won't burn them while wearing them.