• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have come to discovery, getting rid of Windows 8 is not as easy as putting a Linux .iso on a flash drive and booting up the computer.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am having heart palpitations. In order to diagnose what is causing them, the doctors have sent me this machine. I connect electodes to my chest and they moniter it for two weeks (my heart, that is). I then send it back to them (in a prepaid package) and they give the results to my doctor. Makes me wonder if before all this wonderful technology if a person had to spend two weeks in the hospital getting tested. (The adhesive on the electrodes itch, but it's fine other than that).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My daw terstar ted hernoo jobtoo day innoo yawksih tee.

A frubie to whoever first translates it.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maybe someone can explain this to me: I bought two pairs of jeans from the same place. They were the same size and width and the same brand. One pair fit me perfectly, the other pair was too tight. How does this happen?

Shadow Wolf

Ubunto is so far the only Linux OS I have gotten to boot on my laptop. It wouldn't play any of my music files though, and the media player said it could not find the extensions to be able to use the files. Crunchbang and Sollus I'm having to figure out how to get them to work. I'll also be trying Zorin, and probably a few others.

4consideration

Premium Member
I am having heart palpitations. In order to diagnose what is causing them, the doctors have sent me this machine. I connect electodes to my chest and they moniter it for two weeks (my heart, that is). I then send it back to them (in a prepaid package) and they give the results to my doctor. Makes me wonder if before all this wonderful technology if a person had to spend two weeks in the hospital getting tested. (The adhesive on the electrodes itch, but it's fine other than that).

Hope all is well with you, Christine.

Shadow Wolf

I'm a few minutes away from a Ubunto laptop. A bit Macish for my taste, but hopefully with Windows 8 out of the way, gone, and never welcome back it will be easier to launch other Linux distros. I'm definitely gonna have to try out XBMC since it's great for the XBox.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon ma'am.

Shadow Wolf

Depending on how well Play on Linux works for me, I may fully switch my desktop to Linux. The switch on my laptop actually enhanced its performance quite abit, especially network connections which were very sluggish and poor before the upgrade.

Shadow Wolf

Maybe someone can explain this to me: I bought two pairs of jeans from the same place. They were the same size and width and the same brand. One pair fit me perfectly, the other pair was too tight. How does this happen?
I dated a girl that had that problem with a couple of bras she bought. You wouldn't think it could happen, but somehow it does. My problem seems to be with shoes, with about a 1 - 3 size difference depending on style, even if they are the same brand. Different brands are almost always a different size.

:(Take care. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I keep trying to talk my wife into making aliyah, but she just doesn't seem nearly as interested in it as I am.
:shrug: