• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Draupadi

Culture is based on a set of norms accepted by a group of people. The various cultures on Earth share both commonalities and varieties. One of the reasons for variation is that a particular culture may have something which others may not know of, which might have been acceptable for them..... Sorry I can't explain better :(.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Who? (just kidding :D)

Well, I like supernatural fiction more, that is why my current running favorite TV show is The Strain.

You know, I've never watched Dr. Who. I guess I'm gonna have to give it a try. You give me the impression it is a good show.

Edit:
Sci-fi is actually fine with me.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Who? (just kidding :D)

Well, I like supernatural fiction more, that is why my current running favorite TV show is The Strain.

You know, I've never watched Dr. Who. I guess I'm gonna have to give it a try. You give me the impression it is a good show.

Edit:
Sci-fi is actually fine with me.

Well it's good, imo, of course but I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea (or whatever you like to drink). It can be quite wacky at times but I love that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Simpsons marathon on FXX has been great!
I finally got to see the one episode which eluded
me for many years....the one where Maggie talked!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Plot synopsis? Is that the first word one?
Lisa's First Word - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Simpsons' family are trying unsuccessfully to get Maggie to speak, inspiring Marge to share the story of Lisa's first word.
The story flashes back to March 1983 where Homer, Marge and Bart originally lived in an apartment on the lower east side of Springfield. Homer and Marge had to cope with Bart, who was two years old at the time. Marge reveals to her husband and their son that she's pregnant again, and points out to Homer that they will probably need a bigger place. They buy a house on Evergreen Terrace with a $15,000 down payment from the sale of Grampa Simpson's house (and let Grampa stay with them for about three weeks).
In 1984, the Simpsons move into their new home and meet their new neighbors, Ned Flanders and his family. Meanwhile, Krusty the Clown begins a promotion for the 1984 Summer Olympic Games with his Krusty Burger chain, a scratch-and-win game in which people scratch off the name of an event from the game card and if the United States wins a gold in that event, they win a free Krusty Burger. However, Krusty is told that the game cards are rigged so they only contain events in which "Communists never lose". Shortly thereafter, Krusty is told of a boycott of the Games by the Soviets and their allies and that he stands to lose $44 million on the game.
Bart's forced to give up his crib so it can become the new baby's. Homer builds him a new bed shaped like a maniacal clown, which terrifies Bart. When Lisa's born and gets all the attention, Bart takes an immediate dislike to her. He tries to get rid of her by putting her in a mailbox and pushing her through the Flanders' dog door. Eventually, he is about to run away until Lisa says her first word, "Bart". Thrilled that his name is his sister's first word, Marge explains to Bart that Lisa adores him. He accepts her as his little sister and they both find it funny that they each call Homer by his name, rather than "daddy" as he wishes.
Back in the present day, Homer takes Maggie to bed, commenting on how kids learn to talk back as soon as they learn to talk and tells Maggie that he hopes she never says a word. But as soon as he turns off the light and closes the door, Maggie takes her pacifier out of her mouth and utters the word "daddy", shortly before going to sleep.
Elizabeth Taylor voiced Maggie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My favorite scene was the one where they went to Epcot Center to see
how the oil industry of the 1960s envisioned the future in the 1980s....
[youtube]fkzBwXNACrM[/youtube]

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm doing a study on pre-employment personality questionnaires, and how they force people to lie over situations that could have moral implications, such as just doing what you're told, or over stuff that should not even be asked, such as "Do you ever engage in non-normal sex?"