• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Ours go back Monday. :yes::shout

I suppose I must have looked heartless walking out of the Kindergarten room or something after the little parents' meeting a little while ago. My daughter pretty much, upon hearing that after the parents left they would go out for recess, gave me a quick hug and told me goodbye and sat back down quickly :p . So I was one of the first out the door and the two ladies walking out with me were nearly in tears sobbing about how hard it was to say goodbye. I'm thinking "crap, should I feel bad half of me is doing an internal little dance right about now?" I mean, sure, I've been sad about my little girl getting big and no longer being my baby for a while now, but now that this day has come...it's like the :woohoo: part is kicking in. :eek:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I suppose I must have looked heartless walking out of the Kindergarten room or something after the little parents' meeting a little while ago. My daughter pretty much, upon hearing that after the parents left they would go out for recess, gave me a quick hug and told me goodbye and sat back down quickly :p . So I was one of the first out the door and the two ladies walking out with me were nearly in tears sobbing about how hard it was to say goodbye. I'm thinking "crap, should I feel bad half of me is doing an internal little dance right about now?" I mean, sure, I've been sad about my little girl getting big and no longer being my baby for a while now, but now that this day has come...it's like the :woohoo: part is kicking in. :eek:

I remember those days (my youngest starts 5th grade this year, and my oldest is a HS senior).

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Tiiiiiiiiiired! :( I'm fed up with this stupid work, I can't sleep well, my mental state is horrible and I can't seem to do anything right. Plus it's not rewarding at all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've been working out at a planet fitness gym for a week now, every day now except for one and for 2 1/2 - 3 hours a day (not just to exercise, but I have alot of energy to get out), and already I can tell my body is a little stronger, I'm feeling better, sleeping better, and my heart rate while I'm on a bike or treadmill has already went down considerably.
I just need to not do my workouts at midnight and later though. There is, maybe (I don't actually know), the benefit on knowing I wont be adding calories after my workout, and because I go until I am drained I sleep well. But this does not happen until between 3 and 5 in the morning. But I must say not only am I surprised by the amount of people in there at midnight, I was even more surprised to discover I am usually not the only one in at three in the morning.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My kids aren't going back to school until September 3, the day after Labor Day. Except Becky, she's going to band camp next week.

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I gots band camp next week! Yay! 8 hours of marching and playing my clarinet. ♥
Then, September 3rd is my first day of Sophomore year!

Shadow Wolf

I gots band camp next week! Yay! 8 hours of marching and playing my clarinet. ♥
Then, September 3rd is my first day of Sophomore year!
You people start back late over their. Over here most schools start around early-to-mid August, and by late August pretty much everyone is back in school.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You people start back late over their. Over here most schools start around early-to-mid August, and by late August pretty much everyone is back in school.

I think it has to do with not expecting to miss any days. We start earlier and end up getting out later because, as nature provides, we get snow days. There are no snow days in San Diego :p

Shadow Wolf

I think it has to do with not expecting to miss any days. We start earlier and end up getting out later because, as nature provides, we get snow days. There are no snow days in San Diego :p
Around here we typically do not get many, maybe a few a year if that and they work a few make-up days into the schedule that are days off if there were no snow days. I was very disappointing my senior year because I graduated mid-term and there were no snow days that I got to brag about not having to make up. And it's very rare for city schools here to cancel. And then it seems like there are times where the country school superintendents play who has the bigger balls with cancelling school because it usually takes some very heavy snow a couple of schools to wait until I imagine they get tired of hearing parents complain to cancel school and then the rest usually snow-ball into canceling. But even still where I went the roads where so bad that a few buses ended up sliding of the road on the way to school. Personally I think it would make since in Indiana if our school calendar revolved around farming since so many students in the area do work on family farms.

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I'm eating chocolate with nuts. Except, I took the nuts out, so now they're just chocolate with the almonds on the side(I hate almonds).