• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Draka

Wonder Woman
:eek:
But...but...but...then I'd have to walk!!!!!!!!:faint:

LOL I do understand what you mean. I luck out in that I only live about 2 blocks from the school, so walking makes more sense.

OMG! Speaking of that! I actually saw one of the ladies that was parked directly out front of the school to pick up her kids in her driveway not a block and a half away from the school as I was driving home! :eek: I'm like...really???? You had to drive a block and a half to park in front of the school, help to block traffic, because you couldn't walk with your kids a block and a half?

I live around 5 blocks or so away, not so bad, but if I tried walking in the morning, with the way my kids drag their feet, I'd have to leave ungodly early. As to picking them up, I'm only waiting for the heat to pass. If we lived only a couple blocks away we'd probably walk, but as the temps are around 100 here now I'm not walking the kids so far in that. Once it cools down I'll probably walk them home. Either way, when I do drive to drop or pick up, I at least park legally, down the street a bit, and walk them to and from the school. I don't see what's so dang hard about that.

Rakhel

OMG! Speaking of that! I actually saw one of the ladies that was parked directly out front of the school to pick up her kids in her driveway not a block and a half away from the school as I was driving home! :eek: I'm like...really???? You had to drive a block and a half to park in front of the school, help to block traffic, because you couldn't walk with your kids a block and a half?

I live around 5 blocks or so away, not so bad, but if I tried walking in the morning, with the way my kids drag their feet, I'd have to leave ungodly early. As to picking them up, I'm only waiting for the heat to pass. If we lived only a couple blocks away we'd probably walk, but as the temps are around 100 here now I'm not walking the kids so far in that. Once it cools down I'll probably walk them home. Either way, when I do drive to drop or pick up, I at least park legally, down the street a bit, and walk them to and from the school. I don't see what's so dang hard about that.
The only reason I could see with driving your kids a block and a half is if you had errands immediately after, or they had some project that you were afraid they would drop. Otherwise, get off your lazy *** and walk. It aint gonna kill you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My brother shared this with me:
funny-black-goat-horns-heavy-metal-pics.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My brother's doctor gave him a vanilla pill to help him get over his chocolate fever. Unfortunately he developed an allergy to the vanilla, so he's been trying other medications including peppermint, jelly-beans, licorice every other alternative you could name. I think his chocolate fever will be the death of him if the other candies don't kill him first.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is not a who (and if this were that other post that would be offensive :D) it is a what

5v8_Recipes_Red-Bean-Paste-Buns.jpg
Of course, I intended to offend.
I've eaten those thingamabobs before.
And I recognize the china pattern too...common in Chinese restaurants & our house.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Of course, I intended to offend.
I've eaten those thingamabobs before.
And I recognize the china pattern too...common in Chinese restaurants & our house.

I have one of those in my house as well.... as well as home made red bean buns because.... I even have authentic Chinese people in my house as well.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
It is not a who (and if this were that other post that would be offensive :D) it is a what

5v8_Recipes_Red-Bean-Paste-Buns.jpg

Are these like mochi or different?

I just realised something, that Celtic Neopaganism might be my path . I've done meditations before in which I saw a stag guiding me, I love trees (esp as forests) and the moon... And those are things that are connected to that path. I'll have to think about it after giving Vaishnava a good go, since I couldn't in the past month.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
While helping my co-workers clean up a project, I dropped my cell phone.

In a floor drain.

It is now stuck in a p-trap 5 feet underneath a concrete slab.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I laughed...I'm sorry.

It's ok. I did too when it happened.

I'm just glad it was my six year-old flip phone provided by the company and not my personal smart phone. I've needed a new work phone for a while, and they've been putting it off for one reason or another. So it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Draka

Wonder Woman
It's ok. I did too when it happened.

I'm just glad it was my six year-old flip phone provided by the company and not my personal smart phone. I've needed a new work phone for a while, and they've been putting it off for one reason or another. So it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ahh, so perhaps it might have been a subconscious slip of the hand huh? ;) Been needing that replacement for a while. :yes:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Ahh, so perhaps it might have been a subconscious slip of the hand huh? ;) Been needing that replacement for a while. :yes:

No, I can honestly say it was purely accidental. I'm much more ...umm... direct in my 'accidental' destruction. It often involves vises, hydraulic presses, and oxy-acetylene torches. :fork:

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Taylor came and visited us today during band camp(Taylor is one of our band alumni). I told her about my back problems and she helped me stretch my back. She's also going to play her tenor sax with us tomorrow during freshman orientation. :)
Songs going to be played:
"You Give Love A Bad Name"
Our march, "Our Heritage"
"The Hey Song"
"Smoke on the Water/Proud Mary"
"Shout it Out"

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I caught my brother standing in a field looking very angry at nothing in particular. He said he was trying to grow grapes of wrath.