• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wirey

Fartist
I start a new job Wednesday. It's a big raise and a lot more responsibility. I can't wait! I love being da Boss!

4consideration

Premium Member
I start a new job Wednesday. It's a big raise and a lot more responsibility. I can't wait! I love being da Boss!

So...the company wants to downsize?

(
icon10.gif
)

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
School starts Tuesday. I have to be there at 7:15 am to get my schedule.
Tomorrow I'm getting knee braces for PE and marching season. This is going to be "fun."

Draka

Wonder Woman
It has been so hot the past few days. I think I am melting.

It seems to be all that's talked about here lately. It's been ranging between mid-90's up to about 104 for the past week and all I hear in passing people is "It sure is hot" or something to that effect. No, really? Is that what it is? :sarcastic It actually doesn't bother me that much. I'd much rather deal with heat than cold myself. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Draka is completely naked underneath her clothing!
Wirey is too. Is this mere coincidence? I'm not saying.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
My 13 year-old circular saw just died. :sad4:

I guess I have no choice now but to upgrade.

Wirey

Fartist
The kids are out so the wife talked me into a 'Nooner'. :D

I don't like to brag, but I'm betting other women felt the earth move.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My 13 year-old circular saw just died. :sad4:

I feel your pain. Although it certainly cannot compare with the wrenching sorrow of losing a beloved circular saw, I once experienced a favorite lawnmower failing to immediately start.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Got a new TV, since the old one wasn't quite HD... It was HD ready so that's how old it was! Now we can play games in their full glory. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
Got a new TV, since the old one wasn't quite HD... It was HD ready so that's how old it was! Now we can play games in their full glory. :D

I had a sweet HDTV once upon a time. Until my son launched a resistance band into it. :( Now we're using our old one again. I guess we could have bought a new one a while back, but it totally slipped our minds when we had the extra money to make some extra purchases. Now the van needs work and I'm keeping what money I have in savings, plus need a bit more I think, to cover that expense. :sad:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I feel your pain. Although it certainly cannot compare with the wrenching sorrow of losing a beloved circular saw, I once experienced a favorite lawnmower failing to immediately start.

Yep, the loss of a dependable tool is always hard.

But it was a productive day. The wife and I grabbed the youngest boy for a romp around the local hardware store for lumber and hardware. Then I came home and built a re-enforced work table to fit over my sawhorses so I would have a stable work surface for the real project of the day: One 4' loft bed with 4x4 legs, 2x10 side rails, and a full support system. Even with having to fetch a new saw in the middle of it I managed to finish by dinner time.

I swear, if my boss knew I could work like that, he'd fire me for stealing his money. :eek: