• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Clearly that's in the running for...

Top_20_Countdown_Most_Shocking.png
If it were so shocking, I'd remember what it was about.
I don't.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
True, its all true. I like my mind working properly and ive seen too many friends (and family) ruin their lives or die for me to take a chance

Sure get all serious and bring reality into it.

For the record, I spent some time in hospital security in a hospital that had a mental health and detox unit and spent more time than I want to remember wrestling with drug addicts and alcoholics......the pinnacle of which was wrestling a bleeding iv drug user (Heroin) to the floor during the height of the aids scare

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My mind is blown.
I just learned the Mash theme is called "Suicide is Painless" and actually has lyrics.
The series was a disappointment to us fans of the movie.
Laugh track....Groucho impersonations...sanctimonious...
...preachy....& a peppy happy tune about suicide.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The series was a disappointment to us fans of the movie.
Laugh track....Groucho impersonations...sanctimonious...
...preachy....& a peppy happy tune about suicide.
The peppy happy tune about suicide featured prominently in the film, to wit:

(wikipedia): The song was written specifically for Ken Prymus, the actor playing Private Seidman, who sang it during the faux-suicide of Walter "Painless Pole" Waldowski (John Schuck) in the film's "Last Supper" scene.[2][3] Director Robert Altman had two stipulations about the song for Mandel: it had to be called "Suicide Is Painless" and it had to be the "stupidest song ever written".[4] Altman attempted to write the lyrics himself, but upon finding it too difficult for his 45-year-old brain to write "stupid enough,"[5] he gave the task to his 14-year-old-son Michael, who wrote the lyrics in five minutes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The peppy happy tune about suicide featured prominently in the film, to wit:

(wikipedia): The song was written specifically for Ken Prymus, the actor playing Private Seidman, who sang it during the faux-suicide of Walter "Painless Pole" Waldowski (John Schuck) in the film's "Last Supper" scene.[2][3] Director Robert Altman had two stipulations about the song for Mandel: it had to be called "Suicide Is Painless" and it had to be the "stupidest song ever written".[4] Altman attempted to write the lyrics himself, but upon finding it too difficult for his 45-year-old brain to write "stupid enough,"[5] he gave the task to his 14-year-old-son Michael, who wrote the lyrics in five minutes.
The TV show made it peppier & more saccharine.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm up to knowing a few people who have or have had covid.
The latest one I know, it's not looking good for him. He's not that old, but he has that an pneumonia. And he hasn't been taking covid seriously.
I know people who have relatives/friends who have had it. One barely made it out alive and is still recovering slowly but is off a ventilator now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I know people who have relatives/friends who have had it. One barely made it out alive and is still recovering slowly but is off a ventilator now.
The people I was staying with earlier this year, one of their friends was one of the first in Tulare county to die of it. They still don't take this seriously.