• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They also showed what passed for medical science back then, which was truly ghastly.
That's basically why I remind people psychology and psychiatry are in their infancy. I'm not trying to excuse or apologize for the faults of the fields, it's just a fact some of the influential figures are still alive or recently deceased, and even I'm older than some of the "bigger" ideas that are common in the field today. It's not a field of failures and frauds, it's a field that hasn't found more than a few "better explanations" for leading ideas.
And, when it comes to physical health, that isn't as great as people think. Prozac is basically a fraud (self studied, self sponsored, self censored research from Elli Lilly), and some of the whacky ideas like bad humors and bloodletting survived a rather disturbingly, stubbornly long time. At least from the ancient Greeks up to the Founding Fathers.
And, without doubt, given a few decades and we will be deaf, blind, mute idiots who were barely a step above the Stone Age Probably not that as, as say 1600 to 2000 and 2000 to 2400, but I look at a lot of practices today and think there has got to be something better. The only problem is we can easily demonstrate flaws in what we have; the devil is in coming up with that better answer.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Happy new year and welcome to the acid reflux..........yes...I'm having fun......this ding dang rassin frassin year can't end soon enough

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Homer Simpson being carried off by a tornado....
"Help me, God! What is it I'm paying you for every Sunday."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey its twenty twenty-one
boy o boy won't this be fun
but experience tells me
we had all better run
I'm hoping for a good year....
- Less socializing with family
- Less travel
- More staying home
- Wise investing

Life is good.

Wu Wei

I'm hoping for a good year....
- Less socializing with family
- Less travel
- More staying home
- Wise investing

Life is good.

Well.... I'm not interested in socializing, traveling or going to the office

This is pretty much my view of the whole thing

a6KLNER_460s.jpg

But all the other things that are not associated with the pandemic I can do without

Wu Wei

You know...as I sit here...reading though RF and thinking about the year to come..........I find I am getting annoyed, fed up, and ticked off with a side of depressed so.....with that...I'm logging off TTFN

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know...as I sit here...reading though RF and thinking about the year to come..........I find I am getting annoyed, fed up, and ticked off with a side of depressed so.....with that...I'm logging off TTFN
Wait...you're like that every year.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I recall the theater having a small crowd each time I saw it in the theaters. But I don't think many would have been offended anyways given the strong parallels and imagry between Sutler's England and Hitler's Germany. Add in the greed of the bad guys, and I don't see them objecting much over that.
It is, however, not the average action comic flick of mindless indulgence. To watch and appreciate V, however, is to do some thinking and observing.

I prefer history than made up to appease the American audience

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It wasn't too different from the comics.

I've not read the comics, i didn't even know they existed. What i do know is a bunch of Catholics tried to overthrow the government by assassinating the main player's. terrorism.