• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I had an eye test today, I'll have to wear glasses for distance. Got two pairs that looked nice on my face. Might help with the (almost) daily headaches. Quite a bad one today. Going off to bed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
images

Today was no exception.
But I get tired sooner than when I was only 50.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I passed through and survived my first week of work. Thanks to my allnighter and e fact that my direct boss is e frined of mine who heavily recommended me to the heads of the agency and as such she helping me out with my stuff, WE FINISHED

I really thought I wouldnt make it, she thought so too she confessed me she was really worried. I actually do think I will go to work almost without worry this monday.

To me, this is a miracle. This day I found out in the morning how having your stomach tearing you up form inside by sheer stress aline felt like, and it wasnt pretty.

I am very glad I didnt throw up too xD. I guess I should be sleeping now, but I can finally relax and have off time! :D

Marie75

Liberal
I can't believe I'm up...got up at 6am. I got up YESterday too to go to the gym. I've been going almost daily and working hard and haven't lost a pound! Maybe it's muscle, although as a result from some research...I think Zoloft (anti depressant) is the main contributor. I lowered my dose from 100mg a day to 50mg. Also after hurting my back, I wasn't very active so that also made me put on weight. But I've been working my **** off and no pounds have been shed. I think since I've been doing a lot of cardio and weights 2x a week my mood has lifted plus I'm in school and my back is better and finally accepted saying goodbye to nursing. So of to the gym I go...It's my fav today. Step aerobics with abs.:jiggy: Btw, I've been supplementing 2 meals with shakes...almond milk, whey protein, spinach, spirulina and fruits and a sensible meal...and NADA.:( I think I do look a bit thinner though, just a tad. I measured my arms, hips and waist about a month ago, I'll recheck in another month. I have to stop weighing myself daily, though. I remember after my pregnancy the weight dropped with a quickness so I loved that scale...lol:sad:

Marie75

Liberal
Oh I get up early...then get so tired around 3pm that I can't fight it even with coffee. Going to try again today.:banghead3

Oh btw I don't want to jinx it but Massage Therapy courses are a breeze compared to nursing...I love it.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
So, somehow, in the course of discussion, the new employee whom I am training, asked whether I was a Christian. I said no, and upon prompting, then elaborated that I did not hold any religious beliefs.

He is now praying for my eternal soul. And I got a lecture that included the presence of Noah's ark on Mt. Arafat.

Draka

Wonder Woman
So, somehow, in the course of discussion, the new employee whom I am training, asked whether I was a Christian. I said no, and upon prompting, then elaborated that I did not hold any religious beliefs.

He is now praying for my eternal soul. And I got a lecture that included the presence of Noah's ark on Mt. Arafat.

If that continues at all that "new employee" might not need to be an employee at all anymore. Harassment of any kind need not be tolerated.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If that continues at all that "new employee" might not need to be an employee at all anymore. Harassment of any kind need not be tolerated.

Nah, I don't feel harassed. At least not yet. The guy's nice, and if he wants to pray for me, I know his heart's in the right place. I genuinely was surprised when he seemed so keen to pursue the topic, and curious as to whether we could be real-world debate buddies, but unfortunately, a two-way discussion was not what he had in mind.

It just got me to thinking. If I started a monologue to a Christian about how wrong Christianity was, and how this person needs to see the light, I'd probably be thought of as evil, since according to their beliefs, I'd be the devil trying to trick them into renouncing Christ.

But a Christian can preach at me, and I only get mild amusement and think about how ridiculous the whole thing is.

I think that's a good thing. I think it's likely better to be able to view people different from yourself as amusing rather than evil.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Nah, I don't feel harassed. At least not yet. The guy's nice, and if he wants to pray for me, I know his heart's in the right place. I genuinely was surprised when he seemed so keen to pursue the topic, and curious as to whether we could be real-world debate buddies, but unfortunately, a two-way discussion was not what he had in mind.

It just got me to thinking. If I started a monologue to a Christian about how wrong Christianity was, and how this person needs to see the light, I'd probably be thought of as evil, since according to their beliefs, I'd be the devil trying to trick them into renouncing Christ.

But a Christian can preach at me, and I only get mild amusement and think about how ridiculous the whole thing is.

I think that's a good thing. I think it's likely better to be able to view people different from yourself as amusing rather than evil.
Just saying, it can become a "thing". I've been there. I've literally been followed around by a girl I worked with who would carry a bible during break times and quote from it at me and preach at me at every opportunity she got. Seriously, stand next to me outside when I smoked just to read from the bible at me, sit next to me at lunch to quote scripture and tell me I would go to hell if I didn't believe, and so on and so forth. Once she found out I wasn't a Christian she was like a dog after a bone. I let it slide until she actually said something to a 16y/o girl that made her cry, I was done, I turned her in for harassment and she was fired.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Just saying, it can become a "thing". I've been there. I've literally been followed around by a girl I worked with who would carry a bible during break times and quote from it at me and preach at me at every opportunity she got. Seriously, stand next to me outside when I smoked just to read from the bible at me, sit next to me at lunch to quote scripture and tell me I would go to hell if I didn't believe, and so on and so forth. Once she found out I wasn't a Christian she was like a dog after a bone. I let it slide until she actually said something to a 16y/o girl that made her cry, I was done, I turned her in for harassment and she was fired.

Yuck! That would suck. Well, we shall see. That was Day 1. We shall see if boundaries are needed, and if so, whether they get crossed.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I think I'm going to get a kilt.
Just the idea of it seems to completely irritate my wife.

That alone makes it a good idea. :yes:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I think I'm going to get a kilt.
Just the idea of it seems to completely irritate my wife.

That alone makes it a good idea. :yes:

Good to know where your motivations arise from. "Hmm, what seems to irritate her today? The idea of me in a kilt? Gotta get one!" :p