• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm feeling much better, but I just can't shake this dang cough..... and the dang knee still wakes me up

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks, @Wu Wei and @sun rise . I am sure it'll pass quickly. Just feel drained, have a headache, and swollen lymph nodes. I'll probably take a vitamin C.

I'm feeling much better, but I just can't shake this dang cough..... and the dang knee still wakes me up

I hope your cough eventually hits the road. Glad you're doing better overall, though. Sorry about the knee... hopefully that heals up sooner rather than later.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The bear has a nagging bad cough
And knee part that he had cut off
for a fancy new joint
with much soreness conjoint
so all he can do now is scoff

Wu Wei

I hope your cough eventually hits the road. Glad you're doing better overall, though. Sorry about the knee... hopefully that heals up sooner rather than later.

I was told it would be 10 to 18 weeks before the knee stopped interfering with my sleep and this is just the start of week 9

Wu Wei

The bear has a nagging bad cough
And knee part that he had cut off
for a fancy new joint
causing with soreness conjoint
so all he can do now is scoff

Same ole fetid Scot
pie hole shut he will not
He just keeps on talkin'
and never stops mocking
but his arm is still stuck in the pot

Wu Wei

3maugv.jpg

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I’m at the bar doing thesis stuff and the cutest girl is a couple tables over (it’s super dead) and I catch a glance from her occasionally, and aaaaah I’m supposed to be monogamous right now! Why does this happen (I’m going to be good)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This article is not quite so serious, but the only meaningless announcement I have is that I've never heard of "pickleball" before.

Knock it off! Loud pickleball games annoy some in Michigan (apnews.com)

Apparently, it's not as lewd and lascivious as one might expect from a game called "pickleball."

IRON MOUNTAIN, Mich. (AP) — Some residents in a northern Michigan community are complaining about noise during summer nights.

Rowdy teens? No. Adults playing pickleball.

Iron Mountain in the Upper Peninsula won’t restrict pickleball hours at four courts. City Manager Jordan Stanchina had suggested ending games at 6 p.m., but 20 players attended a recent council meeting to object, The Daily News reported.

Roxanne Hudson, who lives next to the courts, said she and her husband “just want to move.”

Noise from the paddles and plastic balls goes on “hour after hour” and “just drives you nuts,” Hudson told the council.

Pickleball is played on courts that resemble tennis courts but are much smaller. That’s part of the appeal.

“We’ll try to mitigate (the noise) somehow,” Mayor Dale Alessandrini said.

Scott McLure, speaking on behalf of players, said they might try quieter paddles. A 6 p.m. curfew isn’t favored because it wouldn’t give people time to play after work.

“Every recreational activity has noise,” council member Bill Revord said.