• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's raining outside right now. I was just looking at one of the local news sites, and it seems a church was struck by lightning earlier today.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It turned out that my FRP plywood is FRP OSB.
But it's acceptable. And they knocked 10% off
the order cuz of some defects that pose no problem
for me.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm a big stupid idiot. I put both sets of sheets in the washer (because I took the second set camping) while I worked tonight and figured it'd be fine.

Well, I forgot about it entirely and they've just been sitting in the washer. Now I'm off work in 30 minutes and I will not have any sheets on my bed. I could not be more displeased about this situation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a big stupid idiot. I put both sets of sheets in the washer (because I took the second set camping) while I worked tonight and figured it'd be fine.

Well, I forgot about it entirely and they've just been sitting in the washer. Now I'm off work in 30 minutes and I will not have any sheets on my bed. I could not be more displeased about this situation.
Sounds like a real sheet show.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ok. I've got control of myself now, the hysterical laughter has stopped, the following fits of giggling have evaporated to leave just the occasional cheesy grin and gasp for air.

Im listening to a play on BBC radio 4. A cat started meowing on the radio. Four cats just hanging around in the kitchen just in case some stray food escapes went crazy and spent a good 10 minutes searching for the interloper.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

When you are in deep sheet like that you can always sleep in your clothes, or butt naked...

In hot weather i (or Paul) throw the bed covers of the bed.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I had an old Garmin that once thought I was travelling
several hundred yards to the right of the highway I was on.
No such trouble with more modern ones. And the Dezil
helps me avoid those ding dang parkways back east.
(Mr Van can't legally use those, & is taller than some bridges.)

Don't tell anyone, but I will take your recommendation under consideration and look into a Dezil

I use to mess with the old Garmin, since I knew it was trying to kill me. I use to set up for directions to places I knew how to get to, just to see what it would do.... it was generally wrong, or taking the longest possible route possible. I was however once very concerned when it tried to take me down some dark back alley route, I was pretty sure the Garmin Ninjas were waiting the to bump me off. However knowing the route, I did not go into the alley. It was the rain us shuriken that gave away the Garmins plan, as I drove past the alley

Wu Wei

Next time, just throw the phone out the window.

I still use my Garmin. Occasionally, it gives me a wrong way(because it badly needs to be updated), but as long as I keep which direction my destination is in, and take note of what direction I should be going, I don't have any trouble.

And if it says to drive into a river, I simply take it as a good natured joke and flip it the bird.

In New Jersey a few years ago, the phone kept telling me to take a specific highway to get out of the area.... that highway was closed. After multiple large circles around the town that always brought me back to the incredibly closed highway....it was actually all dug up...I decide to not listen to the phone or Mrs Wu...stopped at a gas station...asked directions......to which I was told..."I don't know".... I then said.....you have no idea how to get out of this town....he did not respond..... we eventually found detour signs...but they were incredibly small and few and far between......

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In New Jersey a few years ago, the phone kept telling me to take a specific highway to get out of the area.... that highway was closed. After multiple large circles around the town that always brought me back to the incredibly closed highway....it was actually all dug up...I decide to not listen to the phone or Mrs Wu...stopped at a gas station...asked directions......to which I was told..."I don't know".... I then said.....you have no idea how to get out of this town....he did not respond..... we eventually found detour signs...but they wee incredibly small and few and far between......

In the words of Tom Paris "You give me a window and a sextant and I guarantee I'll get you where you want to go."

Wu Wei

TO all you bacon pushers...... I tried a small piece , a very small piece, of bacon this morning at the breakfast buffet.... I still have a cough...my knee is still not great and I still HATE the vile filth...

but my quest to have the vile greasy slab of carcinogenic coronary inducing filth abolished for the face of the earth has been renewed...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!
And for the record...so far...there just ain't enough tea on the planet to get the vile taste and feel of bacon out of my mouth​