• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
TO all you bacon pushers...... I tried a small piece , a very small piece, of bacon this morning at the breakfast buffet.... I still have a cough...my knee is still not great and I still HATE the vile filth...

but my quest to have the vile greasy slab of carcinogenic coronary inducing filth abolished for the face of the earth has been renewed...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!
And for the record...so far...there just ain't enough tea on the planet to get the vile taste and feel of bacon out of my mouth​

Glad you liked it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't tell anyone, but I will take your recommendation under consideration and look into a Dezil

I use to mess with the old Garmin, since I knew it was trying to kill me. I use to set up for directions to places I knew how to get to, just to see what it would do.... it was generally wrong, or taking the longest possible route possible. I was however once very concerned when it tried to take me down some dark back alley route, I was pretty sure the Garmin Ninjas were waiting the to bump me off. However knowing the route, I did not go into the alley. It was the rain us shuriken that gave away the Garmins plan, as I drove past the alley
If you don't have a truck or RV, the Dezl might be overkill.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Don't tell anyone, but I will take your recommendation under consideration and look into a Dezil

I use to mess with the old Garmin, since I knew it was trying to kill me. I use to set up for directions to places I knew how to get to, just to see what it would do.... it was generally wrong, or taking the longest possible route possible. I was however once very concerned when it tried to take me down some dark back alley route, I was pretty sure the Garmin Ninjas were waiting the to bump me off. However knowing the route, I did not go into the alley. It was the rain us shuriken that gave away the Garmins plan, as I drove past the alley

I don't use a dedicated satnav. Instead i have an app for my phone. The one i use can use Garmin maps if you want.

It's rarely been wrong (except when i misentered a coordinate.

And it tells me if im over the speed limit.

A side note... Top gear tested a sat nav when they first came on sale. A 5 mile journey but avoiding motorways. The route it suggested went from the studio, to the NW uk, on a ferry to Northern Ireland, down to Southern Ireland, another ferry to SW england and a couple of hundred miles of country road to the destination.
Sorry for the description, i can't find the video on YouTube.

ChristineM

Premium Member
TO all you bacon pushers...... I tried a small piece , a very small piece, of bacon this morning at the breakfast buffet.... I still have a cough...my knee is still not great and I still HATE the vile filth...

but my quest to have the vile greasy slab of carcinogenic coronary inducing filth abolished for the face of the earth has been renewed...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!
And for the record...so far...there just ain't enough tea on the planet to get the vile taste and feel of bacon out of my mouth​

Should have insisted it was grilled until crispy

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a big stupid idiot. I put both sets of sheets in the washer (because I took the second set camping) while I worked tonight and figured it'd be fine.

Well, I forgot about it entirely and they've just been sitting in the washer. Now I'm off work in 30 minutes and I will not have any sheets on my bed. I could not be more displeased about this situation.

Sleep on the floor!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't use a dedicated satnav. Instead i have an app for my phone. The one i use can use Garmin maps if you want.

It's rarely been wrong (except when i misentered a coordinate.

And it tells me if im over the speed limit.

the one that was right 50% of the time was similar...but it was only right 50% of the time. But I shall research and see what is out there that is more dependable

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My bedtime has on
Ok. I've got control of myself now, the hysterical laughter has stopped, the following fits of giggling have evaporated to leave just the occasional cheesy grin and gasp for air.

Im listening to a play on BBC radio 4. A cat started meowing on the radio. Four cats just hanging around in the kitchen just in case some stray food escapes went crazy and spent a good 10 minutes searching for the interloper.

Our dog watches other dogs on TV from time-to-time

ChristineM

Premium Member
the one that was right 50% of the time was similar...but it was only right 50% of the time. But I shall research and see what is out there that is more dependable

Mapfactor navigator.

On android, not sure if there is a fruity one

ChristineM

Premium Member
My bedtime has on

Our dog watches other dogs on TV from time-to-time

Cats do that but are more interested in birds.

Many moons ago in the days of CRT our then cat used to sit on the TV, head hanging over the screen watching birds. Fascinated with one tiny bird in the distance that got closer and closer. Cat was enthralled until the eagle swooped at the camera.

She never lay on the TV again.