• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup. The land has been raped barren and dry and it's still going on. And people get mad with water restrictions. But we just don't have the rain to use the water like it's used in the MidWest, where farmers can irrigate worry free due to lots of rain and occasional flooding. Here the water table has been lowered so much the land is drawing in sea water.
If it were up to me vanity fountains would be the first to go, followed by lush, green lawns and thoroughly examining agriculture to see what changes can help preserve water and, if need be, reduce and even do away with crops that are just not well suited to the area (like corn).
But isn't wasting water a "personal choice"?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Makes sense. I've fellowshipped with programmers before to have an idea. Not all programmers are like that, but some are - especially some of certain fields, more than others.
I tend to get easily absorbed and very absorbed into stuff like that.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
My loofah somehow fell in the toilet so that’s gonna be a no from me. Guess exfoliation can wait until I run by the store.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
200w.gif

Shadow Wolf

I just tested my blood pressure and it's normal. I was worried eating pizza 3 times a week would have it elevated. Sometimes, I worry a bit too much.
I suppose I should get mine tested. Last time it was 163/92, which for me is really high (110s-120s/50s-70s is a normal range for me). I assume it was the meds I was on then, but I haven't checked to make sure.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I suppose I should get mine tested. Last time it was 163/92, which for me is really high (110s-120s/50s-70s is a normal range for me). I assume it was the meds I was on then, but I haven't checked to make sure.

Does sound high. My best advice is keep stress low - if people bother you, you can just tell them "I have high blood pressure that I'm trying to keep down" and another thing I don't do is take it after a big pizza meal, as it seems to skew results "a little" for me, I think, if I take it within about 3 hours after.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Check it. That is way too high. We want you to keep hanging around here.

Shadow Wolf

Does sound high. My best advice is keep stress low - if people bother you, you can just tell them "I have high blood pressure that I'm trying to keep down" and another thing I don't do is take it after a big pizza meal, as it seems to skew results "a little" for me, I think, if I take it within about 3 hours after.
Exercise is my norm, and trying to limit saturated fat. But when it comes to cheese this is at times hard and sometimes futile. I love cheese.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Would showing up with an industrial sprayer full of RoundUp also be a personal choice.
It's a choice I often make. There are fauna flora demanding
that I eliminate them, eg, poison ivy, invasives.

BTW, I was mocking wasting water as personal
choice, hence the quotation marks.

Last edited: