• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Are you also wearing the Groucho glasses

Or are you still wearing the Goth Racoon makeup...... or possibly....Monday cancels out your natural "Come Hither" look

Haha no I'm not wearing any makeup. I did get seen by a roommate on my way to clean off my makeup though. They were like "you ok?" and I was just like pew pew (double finger guns). They carried on.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
WARNING!!!!!

Never go Ice fishing near polar bears if your wearing nice mittens

bemies-mittens-alaska-edition-bernies-mittens-alaska-edition-1dc36d8db974d37d-4b224d1e994e24b5.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Alabaster:
"Alabaster is a mineral or rock that is soft, often used for carving, and is processed for plaster powder. Archaeologists and the stone processing industry use the word differently from geologists. The former use it in a wider sense that includes varieties of two different minerals: the fine-grained massive type of gypsum and the fine-grained banded type of calcite. Geologists define alabaster only as the gypsum type." --wikipedia​

"Alabaster is found in caves in the form of stalagmites. While white is the classic color associated with alabaster, the mineral can also occur in other colors, such as pale brown or reddish, and it may be veined with color." --allthingsnature.org
Alabastard:
"An anonymous hacker and right-leaning political commentator believed to be from central Alabama, but residing in parts unknown." --urbandictionary.com

"4.0 out of 5 starsA country-rock album with a soul singer's heart. Austin Hanks may set his music in country, rock and blues settings, but at root, he's a soul singer. After leaving his native Alabama, he had a cup of coffee in Nashville before a writing deal with EMI turned him into a Los Angeles-based expat."--amazon.com review​

Alabaster, Alabama:
"Alabaster is a city and southern suburb of Birmingham in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census, the population was 30,352. According to the 2019 Census Estimates, the city had a population of 33,487. Alabaster is the 16th largest city in Alabama by number of residents."--wikipedia​

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Alabaster:
"Alabaster is a mineral or rock that is soft, often used for carving, and is processed for plaster powder. Archaeologists and the stone processing industry use the word differently from geologists. The former use it in a wider sense that includes varieties of two different minerals: the fine-grained massive type of gypsum and the fine-grained banded type of calcite. Geologists define alabaster only as the gypsum type." --wikipedia​

"Alabaster is found in caves in the form of stalagmites. While white is the classic color associated with alabaster, the mineral can also occur in other colors, such as pale brown or reddish, and it may be veined with color." --allthingsnature.org
Alabastard:
"An anonymous hacker and right-leaning political commentator believed to be from central Alabama, but residing in parts unknown." --urbandictionary.com

"4.0 out of 5 starsA country-rock album with a soul singer's heart. Austin Hanks may set his music in country, rock and blues settings, but at root, he's a soul singer. After leaving his native Alabama, he had a cup of coffee in Nashville before a writing deal with EMI turned him into a Los Angeles-based expat."--amazon.com review​

Alabaster, Alabama:
"Alabaster is a city and southern suburb of Birmingham in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census, the population was 30,352. According to the 2019 Census Estimates, the city had a population of 33,487. Alabaster is the 16th largest city in Alabama by number of residents."--wikipedia​

Alibaba
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, also known as Alibaba Group and Alibaba.com, is a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
My boss and I were starting to get into it again tonight. Give me a reason to quit, mother****er. They need me. I work full time and his *** has been gone for weeks and weeks this year on "vacation" and medical leave. Stay gone next time, please. Don't get an attitude just because your arrogant *** has to actually do some work. Wah wah. I hope he writes me up. I would laugh.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
My boss and I were starting to get into it again tonight. Give me a reason to quit, mother****er. They need me. I work full time and his *** has been gone for weeks and weeks this year on "vacation" and medical leave. Stay gone next time, please. Don't get an attitude just because your arrogant *** has to actually do some work. Wah wah. I hope he writes me up. I would laugh.

Not good! Hopefully that resolves. What a pain

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a nice story: Swiss canton awards 100 bottles of wine to residents who turn 100 - UPI.com

Aug. 30 (UPI) -- A Swiss canton is rewarding its long-lived residents by offering 100 bottles of wine to those who reach age 100.

Fribourg state bailiff Claude Freiburghaus said preparations are currently underway to present a resident named Marie-Antoinette with a bouquet of flowers and an offer for 100 bottles of wine when she turns 100 on Nov. 5.

Freiburghaus said the canton first came up with the scheme in 2000 and formerly offered a free armchair as a substitute for the wine, but the chair was discontinued in 2015 due to a lack of interest from local centenarians.

He said the current program offers a charitable donation or a voucher for use at a local merchant or craftsman to residents who decline the wine offer, but most 100-year-olds opt for the alcoholic beverage.

"In 2020, we celebrated 27 centenarians. Five of them opted for the donation and two for the gift voucher," Freiburghaus told newspaper Le Matin Dimanche.

They offer gift vouchers or charitable donations as an alternate gift, but most have opted for the wine.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They must have stronger stomachs than I do. I can't really drink any longer without my stomach complaining bitterly.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Uh oh, one of my professors is out sick. Hopefully this isn’t covid because I regularly interact with everybody in the department (I am vaxed though, and had the original strain before being vaxed, and it hasn’t been 8 months since my 2nd dose — hopefully this is all good)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Uh oh, one of my professors is out sick. Hopefully this isn’t covid because I regularly interact with everybody in the department (I am vaxed though, and had the original strain before being vaxed, and it hasn’t been 8 months since my 2nd dose — hopefully this is all good)

Fingers crossed. But you should be in good shape to avoid the hospital if all else fails.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Oh my god a thunderstorm came out of nowhere at school and I’m 100% soaked, as surely as if I’d jumped in a pool. I did not wear a bra today. I’m sitting with my backpack in my lap up against me until I dry off enough not to nip out all over the place. If I were by the car I’d have a jacket but I’m not :(