• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's the tip of the IN iceberg of cop corruption
& incompetence. I wonder if they're trying to
compete with NJ?
I wouldn't be surprised if they're more corrupt and dirty. One sheriff told my mom he's the judge and jury in town (that entire force quit and the town still has no cops). The ones who harassed me thinking I was intoxicated but I'm just autistic. My nephew getting pestered because he has his dad's last name. All the people I've known searched, with the probable cause being a dog that's not even there smelling something. And then one black lady tweaker I knew, she got pulled over, cop said "step out of the car ******," she was twaked out of her mind so she opened up a warehouse stuffed full of whoop *** on them. Everyone got in trouble, but the cops not as much as they should.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they're more corrupt and dirty. One sheriff told my mom he's the judge and jury in town (that entire force quit and the town still has no cops). The ones who harassed me thinking I was intoxicated but I'm just autistic. My nephew getting pestered because he has his dad's last name. All the people I've known searched, with the probable cause being a dog that's not even there smelling something. And then one black lady tweaker I knew, she got pulled over, cop said "step out of the car ******," she was twaked out of her mind so she opened up a warehouse stuffed full of whoop *** on them. Everyone got in trouble, but the cops not as much as they should.
The system is corrupt because it tolerates and enables corruption and malfeasance.
Essentially, police are organized crime.
But I see the winds of positive change, thanx to
widespread ability to record them, & massive
civil suit awards to victims of cops.
But it will be a long long road to the point where
we can say that most cops are competent servants
of the public.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In the meantime

61d4396ada1f9_rmxgreu0s4m51__700.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The way things are closing and other limiting their hours of business, it appears like we are heading back towards a shut down in NYC...but this time it is self imposed

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I may hate myself in the morning but.........only the staff may know what my religious connections are......but ......I have to admit I levitate when I get nervous......some folks panic.... sorry, but I levitate

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I may hate myself in the morning but.........only the staff may know what my religious connections are......but ......I have to admit I levitate when I get nervous......some folks panic.... sorry, but I levitate
You're trying to raise the level of discourse with levity.

Shadow Wolf

Essentially, police are organized crime.
But I see the winds of positive change, thanx to
widespread ability to record them, & massive
civil suit awards to victims of cops.
But it will be a long long road to the point where
we can say that most cops are competent servants
of the public.
I don't think that day will ever happen until the entire criminal-legal-justice system has been entirely demolished with critically necessary changes being made (like how ideally it would be unacceptable for any organization to internally investigate themselves regarding anything and everything that involves the general public). Overworked public defenders can't keep up with their case loads and results suffer, while top dollar lawyers use the most outlandish defenses and absurd court allowances to get murderers off the hook. The War on Drugs has also got to go. So does whatever law it is that allows police to utilize military war equipment against us, and warrior training must be banned and for the sake of the public all of those trained with such models have got to be let off the force. They were taught very wrong, and that poison has no place in a proper police force. And, of course, Uncle Sam has got to kill qualified immunity, burn the remains, and scatter the ashes in the most remote places on Earth and beyond.

Shadow Wolf

Traffic is a lot better out here. I presume it's pandemic related.
I wish people here would take it seriously. Asides from doctors offices, the only place requiring people wear a mask is one of the nearby weed stores. And it's the one I hate because the sales room is small and has no carpet or other sound absorbing features, leaving voices and everything else to bounce about a room of glass and concrete and dry wall. It's too many voices and noises and a bit disorienting when there's more than a few people in there. But no other business is making customers wear their mask, and good for them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think that day will ever happen until the entire criminal-legal-justice system has been entirely demolished with critically necessary changes being made (like how ideally it would be unacceptable for any organization to internally investigate themselves regarding anything and everything that involves the general public). Overworked public defenders can't keep up with their case loads and results suffer, while top dollar lawyers use the most outlandish defenses and absurd court allowances to get murderers off the hook. The War on Drugs has also got to go. So does whatever law it is that allows police to utilize military war equipment against us, and warrior training must be banned and for the sake of the public all of those trained with such models have got to be let off the force. They were taught very wrong, and that poison has no place in a proper police force. And, of course, Uncle Sam has got to kill qualified immunity, burn the remains, and scatter the ashes in the most remote places on Earth and beyond.
Evolution, not revolution.

Shadow Wolf

Evolution, not revolution.
Police models at their core are corrupt. Evolution won't do. We need an entirely different genus of cop, lawyer, judge, and court. It's also very prone to being pay to win. That aspect needs snuffed out before it can even arise. Police also need to take some basic psych classes for themselves and others. That too will require a police force with an entirely different mentality than clinging on to run away slave models.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Police models at their core are corrupt. Evolution won't do. We need an entirely different genus of cop, lawyer, judge, and court. It's also very prone to being pay to win. That aspect needs snuffed out before it can even arise. Police also need to take some basic psych classes for themselves and others. That too will require a police force with an entirely different mentality than clinging on to run away slave models.
Evolution is working.

Shadow Wolf

Evolution is working.
I would say it's been more along the lines of revolution, and it's needed more than cameras, such when the news showed us the camera footage of Rodney King being beaten. Camera footage has failed in many other cases as well.
We need more people thinking and especially saying "**** the police."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would say it's been more along the lines of revolution, and it's needed more than cameras, such when the news showed us the camera footage of Rodney King being beaten. Camera footage has failed in many other cases as well.
We need more people thinking and especially saying "**** the police."
You see no progress.
But I do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see any significant progress.
I monitor things more thoroughly than you do.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e546bc-0cdf-11ec-aea1-42a8138f132a_story.html
CO, CT, & NM have banned qualified immunity.
NYC has banned it for excessive force.
SCOTUS created qualified immunity (judicial activism, ya know).
States are fighting it.

Many other examples other rights where the good fight is being waged & won.
But the fight will never end.
Government will always try to get more power over us.