• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You see no progress.
But I do.
Great example is police treatment of the mentally ill. That group is 25x more likely to be killed during an encounter with the police. You only hear of this from advocacy groups and health network magazines, amd other than a few isolated incidents progress has been practically zilch.
Qualified immunity still stands, and I won't consider it weakened until the Supreme Court cements decisions by states to ban it. But this SC has been leaning in favor of the pork chops, and qualified immunity is one of the deadliest weapons they have against us. Amd as it stands the SC can strike down those bans (as they are technically unconstitutional going against federal law).
But it also will require social attitude adjustments. Thin Blue Line flags have got go, no one thanks a cop while murderers and rapists are on the streets, and trust in them has got to go. It should be exceptionally rare to believe someone is guilty just because of an arrest. But too many side with the pigs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Great example is police treatment of the mentally ill. That group is 25x more likely to be killed during an encounter with the police. You only hear of this from advocacy groups and health network magazines, amd other than a few isolated incidents progress has been practically zilch.
Qualified immunity still stands, and I won't consider it weakened until the Supreme Court cements decisions by states to ban it. But this SC has been leaning in favor of the pork chops, and qualified immunity is one of the deadliest weapons they have against us. Amd as it stands the SC can strike down those bans (as they are technically unconstitutional going against federal law).
But it also will require social attitude adjustments. Thin Blue Line flags have got go, no one thanks a cop while murderers and rapists are on the streets, and trust in them has got to go. It should be exceptionally rare to believe someone is guilty just because of an arrest. But too many side with the pigs.
To cite problems that persist doesn't argue against progress.

Shadow Wolf

To cite problems that persist doesn't argue against progress.
It speaks of how widespread and continuous the problem is. And I do believe BLM may meet a similar fate as Obergefell v Hodges. When that case was ruled, many people thought because gays can now get married the struggle for LGBT equality is over. Or how electing a [half] black President heralded the end of racism. The public may have their eye on the cops when it comes to black people, but the cops will still have Native reserves to use as a shooting gallery, women to rape, drugs to plant, cash to steal and lives to ruin.

Shadow Wolf

It would be nice, when cops are being dumb, we get to treat them like they're in a Monty Python skit. Like the one who pulled me over for my legal headlights. That alone should have entitled me to sarcasm. When he said I need to take my car to a mechanic to have an on/off switch installed, it should have been a crime for me to not be able to use sarcasm cuz he already messed up and although knowing things about cars shouldn't have to be in their job description I feel I should have been entitled to take additional stabs of sarcasm and twist the blade.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It speaks of how widespread and continuous the problem is. And I do believe BLM may meet a similar fate as Obergefell v Hodges. When that case was ruled, many people thought because gays can now get married the struggle for LGBT equality is over. Or how electing a [half] black President heralded the end of racism. The public may have their eye on the cops when it comes to black people, but the cops will still have Native reserves to use as a shooting gallery, women to rape, drugs to plant, cash to steal and lives to ruin.
It is indeed a big problem.
Obama wasn't progress...he was an empty symbol.
He was the opposite in some ways, eg, persecuting
government whistle blowers, instituting presumption
of guilt in accusations of rape.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

tiny crab eating a strawberry
from Strawberry Crab GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Shadow Wolf

It is indeed a big problem.
Obama wasn't progress...he was an empty symbol.
He was the opposite in some ways, eg, persecuting
government whistle blowers, instituting presumption
of guilt in accusations of rape.
He was a flashy facade of progress. Which really sucks, and makes Biden more the oddball. Winning Dems are supposed to be ultra charismatic people who play whack-a-mole with the middle class while crapping on the unions they claim to support. With Biden, he's really boring and dull.

Shadow Wolf

Discovering Your Roots had a great episode as usual.
That show looks interesting, and while I've seen some interesting clips (like when Anderson Cooper was on it), I've not actually watched it.
I may one day get around to tracing mine that well, but for now I'm fascinated just learning about Celtic history. Church history or school world history, the Celts just weren't covered or mentioned much. Which really surprised me, especially in Church history with how many groups who are mentioned in the Bible who were Celtic. Like the Galatians. I never knew they were a Celtic group until a few months ago.
I guess you're stuck with serious conversation tonight. And not much I can do. I've had my "green meds" and serious is what my mind wants to do.

Shadow Wolf

@Wu Wei should go to the doctor with me, so I'll have muscle and size and tooth and claw on my side as leverage to use while convincing a doctor to replace my knees.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The universe is coming to an end. Read this and be depressed

The Universe is already in its sixth and final era

6.) Dark Energy age. Once dark energy takes over, something bizarre happens: The large-scale structure in the Universe ceases to grow. The objects that were gravitationally bound to one another before dark energy’s takeover will remain bound, but those that were not yet bound by the onset of the dark energy age will never become bound. Instead, they will simply accelerate away from one another, leading lonely existences in the great expanse of nothingness.
In the end, only black dwarf stars and isolated masses too small to ignite nuclear fusion will remain, sparsely populated and disconnected from one another in this empty, ever-expanding cosmos. These final-state corpses will exist even googols of years onward, persisting as dark energy remains the dominant factor in our Universe.