• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Hey! I had that several years ago! Hope she's feeling better![/QUOTE I shattered something in my elbow. The injury produced about 20 small chips around my elbow under the skin. I thought it was cartilage and just moved on,no medical attention (I was 16). Those chips just stayed for many years. Initially the joint was painful and stiff but the pain faded over weeks and has never affected my amazingly graceful performances...They must have somehow been absorbed by my body. I remember my father joking,"You have allot of good points about you; elbows,knees,etc"....Right elbow has a weird look to it.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'd really like to see the numbers of these research articles that show rideshare drivers don't make much money. Because that definitely does not apply to me. Especially the $5.something an hour. Wow, damn, I make at least five times that.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
My wife has itches under a splint put in place after 'open reduction internal fixation surgery' for a break in the olecranon (elbow) bone.

Translating: she broke her elbow, the surgeon sliced her arm open then moved part of a bone into place and put a plate + screws in her arm.

Isn't medical jargon wonderful. Thank goodness for google.

Yup, grew up in a medical household, mother and father meant working in the OR in the Navy, and I'm married to a doctor

Wu Wei

We have 1 inch of light fluffy snow....my neighbor's son was just outside....clearing their, rather small, driveway with a snow blower.....apparently dad saw this....son now finishing with a shovel....which, for that driveway, with this amount of snow...you're talking about 15 to 20 minutes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have 1 inch of light fluffy snow....my neighbor's son was just outside....clearing their, rather small, driveway with a snow blower.....apparently dad saw this....son now finishing with a shovel....which, for that driveway, with this amount of snow...you're talking about 15 to 20 minutes.
Snow throwers are slow for such stuff.
For that, I use a 48" wide shovel.
Faster, quieter, more fun.
21A1%2BEyVMGL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Wu Wei

Snow throwers are slow for such stuff.
For that, I use a 48" wide shovel.
Faster, quieter, more fun.
21A1%2BEyVMGL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Well, since I am not trying to compensate for, shall we say, lacking in other places, I have the same shovel, but its a 36"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, since I am not trying to compensate for, shall we say, lacking in other places, I have the same shovel, but its a 36"
I have that size too. It's better for wetter snow.
Great shovels, aren't they? I've been using them
since long before they became widely available.
(Had to buy them from farm supply outfit, Gempler's.)

Wu Wei

I have that size too. It's better for wetter snow.
Great shovels, aren't they? I've been using them
since long before they became widely available.
(Had to buy them from farm supply outfit, Gempler's.)

they are best for plowing. Which reminds me, I have to get a snow shovel, mine broke last year...cheap dang thing, only lasted about 20 years.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
they are best for plowing. Which reminds me, I have to get a snow shovel, mine broke last year...cheap dang thing, only lasted about 20 years.....
I rarely break any....just wear them down to
the point where they no longer work efficiently.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My snow shovel is almost like new but has various scratches from being stored with many other long handled implements. Its made of aluminum and should in time be worth lots of money.