• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm tired of zoom cutting us off unceremoniously after 45 minutes. Obviously they're trying to annoy me into giving them money. They're actually annoying me into thinking about alternatives.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No, I'm ok. almost 50 years of martial arts training finally paid off...I fell right
It's amazing how that can come in handy. I studied Aikido for a time. Once I tripped and my arms automatically came into the proper position to do a roll. Incidents like this prove the value of martial arts even if combat never happens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Now the advertisement algorithms are just lost and confused about me. Landscaping and lawn care? Me?:laughing:

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Wing Chun, Bruce Lee's favorite fighting style. No cardio, no strength training, trained for 'sensitivity' and defending your center line.Endless repetition of block/counter strike and not enough access to a wooden dummy. (main complaint of a student)

Organizational structure in the past[edit]
In the past in ancient China, Wing Chun, like all other martial arts or craft guilds, was traditionally passed on in a familiar character, from master to student. The master, who had personal responsibility for the entire training of the student (apprentice), was addressed as Sifu (master). The lessons often took place against payment in the master's house, a personal bond between the master or his family and the student (apprentice), with certain mutual obligations, was the rule. The first public martial arts schools were established in Hong Kong. Since then, Wing Chun lessons have taken on a more modern, academic and commercial character.

However, in some schools the family system was still maintained. Lo Man-kam, a nephew of Yip Man, still teaches his students in his home in Taipei. Suitable selected long-term students are still accepted into the inner circle of the Wing Chun family by the Sifu in the traditional way through a master-student tea ceremony. This ceremony underlines the deep personal bond that has developed between master and student through the long training.

shopping

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I hope you're not skating on thin ice, outside and inside as well.

NAH!!!! Government worker with years behind me....also the only person that does half the stuff I'm required to do....silly way to run an IT office I know...but they will not listen to me a cross train...so....

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Mr. @Revoltingest, I collect auto grafts and I wondered if I could , I mean, would you...? Can you introduce me to the brave, strong and smelly bear? @Wu Wei was named to the RF's Most Misplaced List. I need his John Hancock for my predator collection.