• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Only mocking the mock Scottish way of speaking...

I was in America, in a hotel, turned on the TV which was showing Taggart, a Glaswegian detective series. Of course the Glasgow accent is pretty undecipherable even for brits. In America they needed sub titles.

When our resident mock Scotchman can master the Glasgow accent i will sing his praises and pronounce him god of Revoltistan
Never heard of 'Taggart'. Maybe you were in Canada or Mexico? Too much bubbly perhaps? Girl ! You shouldn't watch strange TV sets.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Only mocking the mock Scottish way of speaking...

I was in America, in a hotel, turned on the TV which was showing Taggart, a Glaswegian detective series. Of course the Glasgow accent is pretty undecipherable even for brits. In America they needed sub titles.

When our resident mock Scotchman can master the Glasgow accent i will sing his praises and pronounce him god of Revoltistan

Customer “Oo?”
Shopkeeper: “Aye, oo.”
Customer: “A’ oo?”
Shopkeeper: “Aye, a’ oo.”
Customer: “A’ a’e oo?”
Shopkeeper: “Ou, aye, a’ a’e oo”

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
funny-teacher-classroom-signs-4-61d56ce56dc2f__700.jpg

Give them metric folks and INCH and they will take a MILE...now they all need do keep their FOOT off my YARD....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Never heard of 'Taggart'. Maybe you were in Canada or Mexico? Too much bubbly perhaps? Girl ! You shouldn't watch strange TV sets.

Atlanta, Georgia is that Canada? Never been to Mexico so won't be there.

And I don't do alcohol, bubbly to me is carbonated water...

ChristineM

Premium Member
Give them metric folks and INCH and they will take a MILE...now they all need do keep their FOOT off my YARD....

Actually not so greedy, give us an inch and we'll take a kilometre.

Are you getting revolingitis? Get off of my lawn (yard)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ye shoods nae make fin ay th' scottish, they will burst ye wi' a caber.

NastyDelectableAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Rubbish didn't go right over but fell to the right.

See thats the thing you escapees from Europe don't understand, it's not how far you can toss the caber but getting it to do a end over and landing in line to where it was tossed

Like this.
ppE0Nu.gif

ChristineM

Premium Member
Jock, in my American world, is an athlete...which I am not...but thank you

Jock in the UK world it is the nickname given to someone of Scottish origin. Also the plural, Jock's, is the collective name for Scottish soldiers.

So tell me, are all you athletes Scottish?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Jock in the UK world it is the nickname given to someone of Scottish origin. Also the plural, Jock's, is the collective name for Scottish soldiers.

So tell me, are all you athletes Scottish?

Plural Jocks means two athletes. Jock's means it belongs to an athlete