• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Nah. But I often wonder why my great grandparents didn't stay put in Ireland and roughed the famine out. My great grandfather probably would have kept his leg had they stayed as well because job prospects for the Irish in America were crap, so he probably wouldn't have been working on the railroad. And then I wouldn't be able to say I'm a fourth generation doing stuff with the railroads (myself as a driver). And then I could be looking at this crazy place from across the pond and wonder what the bloody hell is going on instead living it and wondering what the ****.

You also might not exist

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Can of probabilistic quantum fractal worms.
It's something I've always wondered, how I got to have this particular body and consciousness and not that of someone else. Out of all this stuff, this thing that is me as a person beyond mere biological impulses sprang up in this particular bundle of bioelectric engineering. Out of the quadrillions upon quadrillions of conscious organisms throughout time, here I am in this particular species and this specific body. Because, really, in the fullest extent of the question why am I this and not an elephant, or raven, dolphin, wolf, or any other conscious animal. At one point as a kid I even wondered why not the tree that made the bowling pins being used when I went bowling once.

Shadow Wolf

For all my complaining about the prolific and liberal use of the word like being everywhere where it doesn't belong, I've noticed it's creeping into my regular vocabulary, because like I hear it ALL the time now.:confounded:

Shadow Wolf

Got my booster jab today. Again my arm has been fine all day but later in the day it feels like someone punched it over and over.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why would we take something that is in need of improvement... kind of like hanging onto a set of encyclopedias for 30 and still believing they are 100% perfectly correct

That explains so much, self aggrandisement in bucket fulls... Thanks

ChristineM

Premium Member
You have bonnets on your cars. Even to me that just doesn't sound right.

But, but, but, they help keep the rain off the engine.

And the difference between a bonnet and a hood is, a bonnet implies gently femininity while a hood(ie) implies thuggish youth.

Wu Wei

That explains so much, self n bucket fulls... Thanks

WOW!!..... way to attempt to go for the jugular.... but...you missed

You know...they do update dictionaries from time to time....and a dictionary from the 1600s would not be all that useful today...neither here in the Good Ole USA or Merry Old England

ChristineM

Premium Member
WOW!!..... way to attempt to go for the jugular.... but...you missed

You know...they do update dictionaries from time to time....and a dictionary from the 1600s would not be all that useful today...neither here in the Good Ole USA or Merry Old England

Oh, was that a bit too much for you, so sorry ;-)

Yes they do update them every year, so maybe the OED should send one for you.

Wu Wei

Any nice ones?
Not in fire or flood prone areas?

Sure...be picky...first you REFUSE all help and suggestions given for clothing..AFTER YOU ASKED FOR HELP!!!!! And now sun rise, goes out of his way to find you a nice place in CAlifornia...and you COMPLAIN about dealing with floods and fire..... SOME PEOPLE!!!!!! Dang ingreat......

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sure...be picky...first you REFUSE all help and suggestions given for clothing..AFTER YOU ASKED FOR HELP!!!!! And now sun rise, goes out of his way to find you a nice place in CAlifornia...and you COMPLAIN about dealing with floods and fire..... SOME PEOPLE!!!!!! Dang ingreat......

Scottish, what would you expect?

Wu Wei

Oh, was that a bit too much for you, so sorry ;-)

Yes they do update them every year, so maybe the OED should send one for you.

No, not to much for me...but kind of like responding to a verbal argument with an Bazooka..... a bit over the top...but then we all lash out in anger...especially when cornered....

NAH, don't need that dictionary...I have my own.... more modern, with proper english

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no place in Californiastan worth living.
If the fires, floods, droughts, blizzards, earthquakes,
prices, & taxes don't get you, the Kardashians will.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No, not to much for me...but kind of like responding to a verbal argument with an Bazooka..... a bit over the top...but then we all lash out in anger...especially when cornered....

NAH, don't need that dictionary...I have my own.... more modern, with proper english

Do we? Can't say I've actually been angry since 1996 when my aunt lost an arm to terrorist.

Or perhaps 3 or 4 other times of similar import in my life. Having a friendly chat with a grouchy bears doesn't cut the angry mustard.

Nah, despite what Microsoft implies, real English is queen's English, your American attempt is nothing more than a badly functioning clone

Wu Wei

There is no place in Californiastan worth living.
If the fires, floods, droughts, blizzards, earthquakes,
prices, & taxes don't get you, the Kardashians will.

You are way to picky...... although you do make a good point with the whole Kardashians thing

Wu Wei

Do we? Can't say I've actually been angry since 1996 when my aunt lost an arm to terrorist.

Or perhaps 3 or 4 other times of similar import in my life. Having a friendly chat with a grouchy bears doesn't cut the angry mustard.

Nah, despite what Microsoft implies, real English is queen's English, your American attempt is nothing more than a badly functioning clone

Can you ay Xenophobia...sure you can

And I am thinking the excepted terminology in Merry Old England..."Queen's English" is historically inaccurate,,,since "Modern English" was first spoken during the reign of Edward VI