• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was 2 inches shorter that i use to be on June 11, 2021..... on June 11, 2022, I had gained 2 inches

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have taken my 1995 GM car multiple times to the mechanic to fix the cruise control, and I'm losing faith in the mechanic. It works for a few weeks or a month, then stops working. What books will help me to understand this control system? @Shadow Wolf @Wu Wei @Revoltingest @ anybody

I've got the Chilton's for my car, but it seems like its written for non techies. I am a little surprised that there isn't more info in it. I'm new to troubleshooting electrical/vacuum/acceleration/sensor problems, so its probably a hopeless case.

Wu Wei

I have taken my 1995 GM car multiple times to the mechanic to fix the cruise control, and I'm losing faith in the mechanic. It works for a few weeks or a month, then stops working. What books will help me to understand this control system? @Shadow Wolf @Wu Wei @Revoltingest @ anybody

I've got the Chilton's for my car, but it seems like its written for non techies. I am a little surprised that there isn't more info in it. I'm new to troubleshooting electrical/vacuum/acceleration/sensor problems, so its probably a hopeless case.

failed control module, sensor or switch issues, or throttle actuation problems. Chiltons is written for mechanics.

Best suggestions for such an old car, check YouTube. You may find someone who has had the same problem and made a video to show you how to fix it

Wu Wei

SO, lat week my office email stopped working. Error says the version I am using is to old....coincidentally it is the same version everyone else uses and they are having no issues.
So I call the main helpdesk, they submit a ticket....
Today I get an email (to my phone) that says we have resolved this issue..... to which I reply..."Not only have you not solved the issue, absolutely no one has contacted me about this since the ticket was submitted"

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
SO, lat week my office email stopped working. Error says the version I am using is to old....coincidentally it is the same version everyone else uses and they are having no issues.
So I call the main helpdesk, they submit a ticket....
Today I get an email (to my phone) that says we have resolved this issue..... to which I reply..."Not only have you not solved the issue, absolutely no one has contacted me about this since the ticket was submitted"
letter-2794672_640.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

If it keeps breaking there is something further upstream going on than what this mechanic is looking at.
I'd go to a different mechanic to trace the problem because electrical crap can be a massively tedious, major pain in the ***.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well, we are here in England after a trio of wierd events design to keep me in France.
First drove to the car park gate, it wouldn't issue a ticket. Called the attendant who turned up after about 10 minutes, there is a big queue behind me by the time he asked me to drive back and forward several times to test it. It still didn't work . He manually opened the barrier and asked me to drive through. How do a get back out on Saturday with no ticket? He did a double take, slapped his head and went back to the ticket machine. Eventually i got a ticket.

Phoned hubby to tell him we had arrived. Phone didn't work. Today Vodafone is doing what they said they would never do because of brexit, introducing roaming charges. Guess who uses Vodafone? So i called to pay up front roaming charges, the kind lady asked if i was calling from abroad, yes was my reply, she promptly hung up. So my phone no longer works in france. But while im in the UK it works just fine. Another thanks to brexit, the deal that keeps on giving.

And finally, the plane arrived early, we were all boarded with the doors closed 20 minutes before due to take off. Things are going right for a change. I heard the engine just outside our window began to wind up, cool well be leaving early. Then the engine stopped, I could see a conflab of various people waving arms on the apron by the plane. Next an engineer comes running up. Then 2 fire engines. The pompiers reeled out hoses
20220712_123812.jpg

Not the view you need to see outside the plane window

and crouched ready to douse the plane.

The captain comes on the tannoy, "sorry, we have a problem, one of the engines won't start..."

An hour later the engine fires up. After 20 minutes of high throttle testing they decide its safe and start the other engine. Another 10 minutes while they file a new flight plan and we are off.

Admittedly we made good time and arrived only an hour late.

Phew... Made it