• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The rest of the year's weather? No. But THIS:

Sunrise In Sweden
62ba9cce43dc4_lm5e0d4mr4771__700.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm scared of some absolute imbecile of a Republican clearing out undocumented workers from America because we'll probably starve. And the World will miss our nuts. And oranges, grapes, almonds, pistachios, lemons, corn, and a bunch of other food that's grown for the World here.

It can happen, it already has in Britain

ChristineM

Premium Member
You could just abandon those pesky critters........oh,no who would do all the chores ,then.....?

Oh no, the light of my life, i love those kids to bits. They mean far to much to just abandon. Selling, maybe, but abandon... Never

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm not a fan of flying myself. I prefer to drive - or even take the bus if it's not too far. America's domestic air service is pathetic. I've heard it's much better in the EU countries, where they have a passenger's bill of rights which has teeth in it.

I guess you've never flown Ryanair...

Livestock on the move are treated better.

Also see my post #93160

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If it keeps breaking there is something further upstream going on than what this mechanic is looking at.
I'd go to a different mechanic to trace the problem because electrical crap can be a massively tedious, major pain in the ***.
Yes, and this system does not have an ODblahblah connector. I might get a flash code of the stored error codes by connecting the test connector to ground, but I'm not sure. That feature is for GMs through 1989 and may not work on this. Plus its hot outside.

I will start looking around at mechanics.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yes, and this system does not have an ODblahblah connector. I might get a flash code of the stored error codes by connecting the test connector to ground, but I'm not sure. That feature is for GMs through 1989 and may not work on this. Plus its hot outside.

I will start looking around at mechanics.
OBDII.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So I found out that sometimes when things look dire when it comes to a piece of code, with many things breaking and compilers throwing errors, that sometimes the fix is as simple as a saved external script or two being moved, and the code breaking every time it tries to reference it, but the compiler and debugger not telling you why exactly.

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I watched the entire movie "Alice's Restaurant" yesterday. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing.... and after watching the movie, I can honestly say... I like the song a whole lot better. The only part of that movie I found worth lookin at was Tina Chen
s-l500.jpg

But it is not enough to get me to watch it again

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I watched the entire movie "Alice's Restaurant" yesterday. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing.... and after watching the movie, I can honestly say... I like the song a whole lot better. The only part of that movie I found worth lookin at was Tina Chen
s-l500.jpg

But it is not enough to get me to watch it again

Those who lived through the Vietnam era with the sword-of-Damocles draft, the draft lottery and the rest understand Alice's Restaurant at the gut level and then some.

So we listened to the record, went to concerts where Arlo sang the original, heard the concert where he updated it a bit for people who did not live through it and watched the movie.

Compared to what is hitting the fan today, those were much simpler times.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Those who lived through the Vietnam era with the sword-of-Damocles draft, the draft lottery and the rest understand Alice's Restaurant at the gut level and then some.

So we listened to the record, went to concerts where Arlo sang the original, heard the concert where he updated it a bit for people who did not live through it and watched the movie.

Compared to what is hitting the fan today, those were much simpler times.

Song is fine, I know what its about, but the movie...not so much

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess you've never flown Ryanair...

Livestock on the move are treated better.

Also see my post #93160

No, but I've flown American and United, as well as some airlines which are now defunct (such as TWA, Eastern, Western, PSA). Some of my more memorable airline experiences were back when I was a kid and we flew on Allegheny Airlines. There was never a single trip on that airline where something didn't go wrong, whether it was cancelled flights, lost luggage, mechanical problems.