• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched the entire movie "Alice's Restaurant" yesterday. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing.... and after watching the movie, I can honestly say... I like the song a whole lot better. The only part of that movie I found worth lookin at was Tina Chen
s-l500.jpg

But it is not enough to get me to watch it again

I saw that movie many years ago. It's a good film. I've even eaten at Alice's Restaurant, but not the one mentioned in the song. There's another place here locally. It's been a while since I've eaten there, but I recall that they had all kinds of Coca-Cola memorabilia decorating the place. Yet when I ordered, I learned that they didn't have Coke, just Pepsi products. I thought that was strange.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Thinking of trying something new. I might go to bed at a normal time. This way, I might feel normal when I wake up at my normal time in the morning.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What's this "reward" thing? Does it exist at work? Is it true that some bosses actually give enough of a **** to do such things?

Actually there are some, rare perhaps, but I had the good fortunate to have a couple during my career.

That's why my work philosophy evolved to "give me a decent salary and a good boss and the rest almost does not matter."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Diving into some tunes at Florida underwater music festival | AP News

800.jpeg

BIG PINE KEY, Fla. (AP) — They weren’t in a “Yellow Submarine,” but hundreds of people spent time below the waves Saturday for a music festival off the Florida Keys.

The Beatle’s hit and other ocean-themed songs like the theme to “The Little Mermaid” were part of the entertainment during the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival.

The divers and snorkelers, many dressed as mermaids and sea creatures, enjoyed music played through waterproof speakers dangling from boats floating above the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.

The festival took place at Looe Key Reef about six miles (10 kilometers) from Big Pine Key. The event at the continental United State’s only living coral barrier reef raised awareness on how divers can protect the reef by not touching corals or leaving litter underwater, using mooring buoys instead of anchoring when boating, respecting dive flags and other ways of minimizing environmental impacts.

Participants swam among marine life and coral formations and described the music as ethereal, a bit muted, but emanating from all directions.

If they have underwater music festivals, there may yet be hope for those with degrees in underwater basket weaving.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Oh, I just realized I can openly air the crap about all the **** jobs I've had, and yes they have been very terrible jobs where I have been treated poorly, without Revoltingest being here to point out the obvious that that does actually seem suspicious. But like a bad beat it's just luck of the draw (and downright terrible interview skills).
I had one good manager at Arbys, the rest of them sucked. Especially the lying GM, the abusive shift manager, the stinky and dumb shift manager who almost set the store on fire. And then not getting the 90 days raise. Ever. At all. Despite all I did (like train everyone and put away truck). Forever stuck in the worst spots in a warehouse just because I could manage to actually do them by myself, even when I am having carpal tunnel problems and legally entitled to accommodation (and they knew it, I just didn't at the time). The gas station being managed by thieving, lying Fat *** who cheated me out of money, denied me promotions despite having the support of the crew behind me, so incredibly bad that not only did I often get blamed whenever something broke I still got blamed when his fat *** broke a chair long after I was gone from plopping down on it. And then the inventory job. The sad thing about that story is despite having it so bad it's the best I've ever had it. A Rally's manager who was so crap and embarrassing to work for that once I fantasized about putting on the frier gloves and dunking her head in the hot grease one day. A job driving people around, another one I was entitled to accommodations yet was given none, not even the one day a week I was supposed to have off, and the job made me sick with low blood sugar (didn't help this was also around the time I developed IBS). And then the mental health facility that needs bombed off the face of the Earth for being so terrible to the mentally ill.
I just need something where I can left alone to do my work with no nagging, pukey, constantly pissing me off boss. I don't like teams, I don't like bosses. Just leave me alone to do my work.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd like to have that, as I assume included in that is being paid what you're owed.
I never ran into that problem but at one start-up company before the internet we always got our paychecks and immediately went next door to the bank to deposit them. The checks never bounced.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I never ran into that problem but at one start-up company before the internet we always got our paychecks and immediately went next door to the bank to deposit them. The checks never bounced.
I wanted to impale Fat *** on that really long reader board thingy we had when I found out I was cheated out of all my premiums for training people and working third shift. I was still new to work when I didn't get my how-many-ever days raise at Arbys, so I wasn't full of hate and spite when it came to work by then. But when I was ranked down in auditing level when I took my last promotion at the inventory job (I was told it would be protected), and thus loosing me a dollar an hour, I wanted to explode but I accepted when I took my first company I would be getting screwed but I did it to say I have leadership/management/assistant experience.
And in hindsight I'm really glad I did it because that happened during the Recession so it's another point in my case that those born of the early and mid 80s aren't Millennials. We were getting ahead at work when that happened, lmao.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I remember one of my first jobs. The boss started me out at below what they paid anyone else on the team, saying that I had less experience, but said that due to the connections I had (knowing people that worked there), to ask him for a raise sometimes and he would bump my pay up over time.

He basically lied. If anyone asked him for a raise, he'd pretty much laugh in your face. All anyone ever got paid, was what they made starting out, with a small raise every year "to cover inflation" that didn't even cover inflation. I quit right before minimum wage raised substantially because as unethical as the company was, I figured that they wouldn't switch over my pay automatically, and I'd have to plead with them for minimum wage.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I saw that movie many years ago. It's a good film. I've even eaten at Alice's Restaurant, but not the one mentioned in the song. There's another place here locally. It's been a while since I've eaten there, but I recall that they had all kinds of Coca-Cola memorabilia decorating the place. Yet when I ordered, I learned that they didn't have Coke, just Pepsi products. I thought that was strange.

The original Alice's restaurant was about 100 miles west of where I grew up, drove through Stockbridge many times, but never went to it, or where it was...... but I'm sorry, we disagree, the movie was horrible.....so

:D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No argument there....but I would not eat pink tofu either...that is for hippies and left coasters
So you want me to eat spoiled tofu "tofu should be discarded if it takes on a pinkish tinge". That is highly unfriendly of you. Perhaps it is time for you to put on your clothes and peddle around on a tricycle.

bear-tricycle.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you want me to eat spoiled tofu "tofu should be discarded if it takes on a pinkish tinge". That is highly unfriendly of you. Perhaps it is time for you to put on your clothes and peddle around on a tricycle.

bear-tricycle.jpg

Yup..THERE IT IS....BEARISM.... ya BEARIST!!!!!...SEXIST TOO!!!! I see...I'm a male..and I am NOT a cross dresser....

Besides, I ride my tricycle au natural....

5b12092e5ffe4171bbdaea6dc0a5f15d.jpg