• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not that I disagree.... but we all know how into stabbing you are

giphy.gif
Her nickname is "Roberto".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
First, no reason to get insulting....and eating the whole shark.... THATS WORSE!!!! you anti-environmentalist

If I wanted to be insulting I'd compare your posts here to the real meaning of Wu Wei @Wu Wei which the internet tells me includes unplugging from all the technology pulling at your attention

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If I wanted to be insulting I'd compare your posts here to the real meaning of Wu Wei @Wu Wei which the internet tells me includes unplugging from all the technology pulling at your attention

Actually, that is not the meaning of Wu Wei from a Taoist perspective...it is however the new age type definition brought to you by the same people that messed up was Zen was about too

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think it's racist. True, the word "monkey" has sometimes been used as a racial slur, but I don't think that's the case here.

On the other hand, they could come up with another name for it. Even if the medical community doesn't mean any harm, it doesn't mean that others won't misuse the term. It does have some underlying connotations which could be problematic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think it's racist. True, the word "monkey" has sometimes been used as a racial slur, but I don't think that's the case here.

On the other hand, they could come up with another name for it. Even if the medical community doesn't mean any harm, it doesn't mean that others won't misuse the term. It does have some underlying connotations which could be problematic.
More "racist" names for diseases....
Lyme Disease, Marburg Virus, Rocky Mountain Spotted
Fever, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Guinea Worm, Middle
East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), German Measles,
Spanish Flu, Norovirus, Zika Fever, Japanese Encephalitis,
Lasa Fever, Legionnaire's Disease.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
More "racist" names for diseases....
Lyme Disease, Marburg Virus, Rocky Mountain Spotted
Fever, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Guinea Worm, Middle
East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), German Measles,
Spanish Flu, Norovirus, Zika Fever, Japanese Encephalitis,
Lasa Fever, Legionnaire's Disease.

You left out @Revoltingest syndrome, a truly horrible disease.