• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've come to the conclusion that people just want to be scared...so..the heck with em'... want to be scared...be scared...enjoy

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I would argue otherwise because the brain is an anatomical structure, and when it goes to its lowest lows the thoughts are often brutal and devastating to the point of having physiological responses.
( An unnamed member was implying you have established you may have an empty cranium) Of course, not I....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Of course not. You're an urban cultured civilized heathen.
It is an interesting existence. Loathing parts of city living and detesting parts of country living while craving aspects of city life while yearning for aspects of country life.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
It is an interesting existence. Loathing parts of city living and detesting parts of country living while craving aspects of city life while yearning for aspects of country life.
Your post is addressed to the whole community but I'm replying because I shared the loathing of the crush of poverty, lack of pleasant scenery, and the need to shop in better neighborhoods as the poor neighborhood merchants just could not compete with the supermarkets in the better neighborhoods when you consider the prices of products. I live in a more rural area but I don't see it as 'country'.....Investment and Construction are causing all but a few farmers to move on.

Shadow Wolf

Your post is addressed to the whole community but I'm replying because I shared the loathing of the crush of poverty, lack of pleasant scenery, and the need to shop in better neighborhoods as the poor neighborhood merchants just could not compete with the supermarkets in the better neighborhoods when you consider the prices of products. I live in a more rural area but I don't see it as 'country'.....Investment and Construction are causing all but a few farmers to move on.
Where I grew up in Indiana was surrounded by farms and Walmart and Kmart were the biggest stores you could find in the two bigger cities nearby (either one about 10 miles away). It's so boring there that even those who defend the state will often reply by telling people there's plenty to do, like the Indy 500 (boring as hell), the scant few museums (that aren't that impressive), parks (pointless when you live in the country), and nothing else that isn't normal life when you live in the country (like hiking and fishing).
Good example is I don't really get excited seeing a bald eagle. It's nothing. In the wild I've seen dozens at least. But city slickers who go on about their hikes and camping trips and how cool it is? They often can count on one hand all the bald eagles they've seen (these numbers coming from where I used to live).
And it's so small I didn't even understand the concept of suburbs and annexation until I moved here. And it started with the realization that LA itself isn't just one giant concrete cluster but many cities and even multiple metropolis areas all scrunched together. And then I learned Bakersfield isn't just Bakersfield and I learned all the different cities that were annexed, the different neighborhoods, and the history just enough to see how it all got swallowed up into Bakersfield (except Oildale) (I even later confirmed I didn't technically live in Bakersfield).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
6ab170a3-4b69-485d-b9b2-0edad091f437_text.gif

Shadow Wolf

I don't like censoring art, but anyone who ends a story on the resolution or falling action should be banned from making stories. They need an ending, having needed it since time immemorial, and we need an ending or the story sucks because it's not a full, complete story. It just as neccessary as conflict.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't like censoring art, but anyone who ends a story on the resolution or falling action should be banned from making stories. They need an ending, having needed it since time immemorial, and we need an ending or the story sucks because it's not a full, complete story. It just as neccessary as conflict.

You don't like censoring art..... but you want to censor art......

curious-coastal-brown-bear-picture-id1068941626

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Polish museum asks visitors to stop having sex on its premises | Notes From Poland

A museum on Poland’s Baltic coast has become such a popular location for amorous couples that it has appealed for visitors to keep their urges under control.

Fort Gerhard, part of a 19th-century former Prussian fortress in Świnoujście, close to the border with Germany in northwestern Poland, says that several pairs of lovers have been caught in flagrante this summer on its recently upgraded high-quality CCTV system.

“Our guests are kindly requested… how can we put it… no ars amandi [the art of love] in the museum, please!” Fort Gerhard wrote in a Facebook post. “For some time the museum has been equipped with cameras! And if they could talk…”

“We ask our amorous guests for understanding – most of the exhibits in our museum are items ‘born’ many years ago and accustomed to entirely different moral norms – conservative, even orthodox and abstemious,” they added. “Let’s not expose them to discomfort!”

The museum noted that its recordings are checked before being deleted. It suggested that visitors unable to keep their passions in check could head for the plentiful deserted beaches in the vicinity as a more suitable location.

Cases of couples having sex in Fort Gerhard are so common that an intervention was necessary, the director of the museum, Piotr Piwowarczyk, told Gazeta Wyborcza. “In less than a month since the beginning of the holidays we’ve already had three recordings of lovers engaged in trysts.”

“Visitors to the fort have various temperaments, some of them very conservative,” he added. “We don’t want them to be shocked during their visit by stumbling across a couple engaged in lustful antics.”

Asked why the fort is such a popular spot for couples to consummate their passion, Piwowarczyk suggests that its dark corners might give people the illusion of intimacy, not realising that they are being watched.

“Or maybe it’s a chakra?” he joked, referring to tantric traditions. “Perhaps this place releases energy in the area of the body responsible for sex?”

Having sex in a public place is illegal in Poland, Gazeta Wyborcza notes. People guilty of public indecency could face detention, a non-custodial sentence, or a fine of 1,500 zloty (€314).

So, you can get fined the equivalent of $323 for having sex in a public place in Poland.