• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Once again, an Arizonan minimalizing a national controversy.

Well, Arizona and New Mexico are almost like twins, since we both were admitted to the Union very close together. New Mexico was admitted about a month ahead of us.

One problem New Mexicans face is the fact that most of the rest of America is rather terrible when it comes to geography. There are people out there who are unaware that New Mexico is actual state in the United States, and somehow believe that it's a foreign country.

I remember a guy from New Mexico who got pretty miffed at the US Olympic Committee when he wanted to buy tickets for the Olympics when they were held in Atlanta in 1996. They kept telling him that he had to get tickets from the Olympic Committee in his own country. He finally got it cleared up and got his tickets, but when he got to Atlanta, he set up his own "Embassy of New Mexico" as a way of protesting.

But New Mexico has much scenic beauty. So, that's a point in their favor. Taos is a famous artist community. Santa Fe is the oldest city in the southwestern US, even older than Tucson (which is older than Phoenix).

New Mexico is also the birthplace of the atomic bomb.

And if those stories about Roswell are to be believed, then who knows? I stopped off at a Denny's in Roswell once. It seemed normal enough, but who can say? The whole town could be secretly run by aliens.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
SnivelingHarmlessEarthworm-max-1mb.gif

a47f6beab4899b6fc0aee6a4ecf894781f305de9.gifv
Obviously Bolshoi trained.......

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Well, Arizona and New Mexico are almost like twins, since we both were admitted to the Union very close together. New Mexico was admitted about a month ahead of us.

One problem New Mexicans face is the fact that most of the rest of America is rather terrible when it comes to geography. There are people out there who are unaware that New Mexico is actual state in the United States, and somehow believe that it's a foreign country.

I remember a guy from New Mexico who got pretty miffed at the US Olympic Committee when he wanted to buy tickets for the Olympics when they were held in Atlanta in 1996. They kept telling him that he had to get tickets from the Olympic Committee in his own country. He finally got it cleared up and got his tickets, but when he got to Atlanta, he set up his own "Embassy of New Mexico" as a way of protesting.

But New Mexico has much scenic beauty. So, that's a point in their favor. Taos is a famous artist community. Santa Fe is the oldest city in the southwestern US, even older than Tucson (which is older than Phoenix).

New Mexico is also the birthplace of the atomic bomb.

And if those stories about Roswell are to be believed, then who knows? I stopped off at a Denny's in Roswell once. It seemed normal enough, but who can say? The whole town could be secretly run by aliens.
Was a time when there was an Atomic Bomb Proving Grounds in Arizona.....circa 1954

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
With two LOUD booms, probably electric transformers, last night. our dog was not happy. The vet provided drugs helped.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Reading other posts on RF today and deciding not to post in them...since they are very one sided, rather uniformed and destine to get uber political... just don't have the energy to argue these days

Honestly... the best response I could have had there would be

facepalm.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reading other posts on RF today and deciding not to post in them...since they are very one sided, rather uniformed and destine to get uber political... just don't have the energy to argue these days

Honestly... the best response I could have had there would be

facepalm.jpg
Your mistake.
Don't read my posts if you don't want to face palm.

Wu Wei

Your mistake.
Don't read my posts if you don't want to face palm.

This will come as a shock...and my world is not making sense anymore because of this....but surprisingly...you have absolutely nothing to do with it... you hadn't even posted in any of it....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, that...is not surprise...thanks for helping me get back on track with the whole...failure thing
You shouldn't care about tedious, stupid, bigoted,
pretentious, hostile, mean spirited, insulting, seething,
partisan, fanatical, deluded, rantings of crotchelfesters.
Caring is bad for the soul.

Wu Wei

after 1 pm on the east coast
after 12 pm central time
after 11 am mountain time
after 10 am pacific daylight time
after 9 am Alaska daylight time
after 8 am Aleutian daylight time
after 7 am Hawaii standard time
after 6 am Samoa standard time’
after 3 am Chamosso standard time
there all the time zones of all the things that are considered part of or associated with America