• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have that industry to thank for my first IT job which started me down my career path and my last job which was "rent to own" (temp to permanent) due to bad experiences with prior hires.
First one of those I was with, the supervisors I worked under where they sent me kept telling me I'm going nowhere and they're keeping me for as a permanent hire. Then, one day as I'm putting on my shoes to leave home to go to work I got a call from the temp agency telling me not to come in.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Things are now going in such a direction that if things don't change or if I can't get a job soon there's a chance I'll end up in Michigan with my sister. But if that happens she is a physician's assistant so just maybe she'll be able to pull some strings for me so I'll finally get a job as a people stabber.
And then I might get to do unspeakable things to @Revoltingest! But don't worry, I'm told the efforts at small talk on my part are painful. It'll be quick, but not quick enough, mruhahahahaha!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Watch: Minnesota officer removes jar from raccoon's head - UPI.com

March 2 (UPI) -- A Minnesota police officer came to the rescue of a raccoon he spotted running around with a jar stuck over its head.

The Oak Grove Police Department said in a Facebook post that the officer, whose name was "not released for dignity's sake," was working the midnight shift when he was "faced with a scavenging mammal of the weasel family and a jar stuck over its head."

The officer's name was "not released for dignity's sake"? What? Whoever it was, they did a good deed by removing a jar from a poor raccoon's head.

The officer engaged in a foot chase with the raccoon, which led to the officer traveling "a quarter mile in steps within 10 square feet" as the animal attempted to evade capture.

The officer was eventually able to grab the raccoon and remove the jar.

"The raccoon did not report any injuries from the incident, and the officer did not display any external injuries though internally it may be too soon," the post said.

The raccoon did not report any injuries. Were they expecting a raccoon to verbally report an injury?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The officer engaged in a foot chase with the raccoon, which led to the officer traveling "a quarter mile in steps within 10 square feet" as the animal attempted to evade capture.

Did they ask the raccoon why it had put the jar on its head?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is the origin of pluvial?
Pluvial comes from the Latin pluvia, “rain.” Another word for “rain” in Latin is imber, but while pluvia is the source of many modern Romance words for “rain” (such as French pluie, Italian pioggia, and Spanish lluvia), imber has barely any related words today. Pluvial was first recorded in English in the 1650s.

EXAMPLE OF PLUVIAL USED IN A SENTENCE

The burst of pluvial weather left mud and puddles in its wake.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I leave soon to travel to my new job,
which starts tomorrow morning.
It pays nothing, comes with no prestige,
has no power, is inconveniently located,
& imposes responsibilities.
But I get a title....Director
(It means that I'm one of a dozen or so
powerless anachronistic gearheads.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I leave soon to travel to my new job,
which starts tomorrow morning.
It pays nothing, comes with no prestige,
has no power, is inconveniently located,
& imposes responsibilities.
But I get a title....Director
(It means that I'm one of a dozen or so
powerless anachronistic gearheads.)

Do you at least get your own chair that says "Director" on it? What about a megaphone?

il_fullxfull.2538361946_n0yp.jpg