• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
And for dessert

91-6400b4e7cf2c6__700.jpg
Ugh!!!!:confused::mad:o_O:(:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Colombia proposes shipping invasive hippos to India, Mexico | AP News

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — Colombia is proposing transferring at least 70 hippopotamuses that live near Pablo Escobar’s former ranch - descendants of four imported from Africa illegally by the late drug lord in the 1980s – to India and Mexico as part of a plan to control their population.

The hippos, which are territorial and weigh up to 3 tons, have spread far beyond the Hacienda Napoles ranch, located 200 kilometer (124 mile) from Bogota along the Magdalena River. Environmental authorities estimate there are about 130 hippos in the area in Antioquia province and their population could reach 400 in eight years.

Escobar’s Hacienda Napoles — and the hippos — have become a sort of local tourist attraction in the years since the kingpin was killed by police in 1993. When his ranch was abandoned, the hippos survived and reproduced in local rivers and favorable climatic conditions.

Scientists warn the hippos do not have a natural predator in Colombia and are a potential problem for biodiversity since their feces change the composition of the rivers and could impact the habitat of manatees and capybaras. Last year, Colombia’s government declared them a toxic invasive species.

Hippos aren't native to Mexico or India either, so I wonder if they could pose similar problems in those countries.

And if they do go to Mexico, then there's a chance they could cross the border into the United States. Then the Border Patrol would be hip-deep in hippos.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...... I don't think it applies these days..... every snow storm, this winter, not matter how much snow we get..... I don't get any mail.... and for the matter...the mail truck does not even drive into my neighborhood

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...... I don't think it applies these days..... every snow storm, this winter, not matter how much snow we get..... I don't get any mail.... and for the matter...the mail truck does not even drive into my neighborhood

Attachments

• little-bear-7601473_640.jpg
    little-bear-7601473_640.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 26

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It never ceases toi amaze me the ability of people to condemn and vilify the others...but yet seems perfectly ok with doing the same exact thing to those they vilify and condemn

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have a new coffee table. Which I didn't see coming - I mean the day before I got it. I saw it coming the day I got it but....grrrrr....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We've been looking at Toyota Siennas.
With my new job 325 miles away, & a granddaughter
arriving in July (living in NJ, coincidentally where her
parents live), travel will increase. Our little Pontiac
Vibe has served us well, but we like the idea of a wee
bit'o luxury, & a fuel stingy hybrid.
Odd....the 2008 Vibe looks good, runs well, is reliable
(rebadged Toyota Matrix), & has only 125kmiles.
Yet it's only worth about $2,600 in this market.
Pretty good deal, eh.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had this thread as a browser tab before the new pile of **** was flung at us. I'm going to to do something useful rather as in take a walk. And then perhaps visit reddit.