• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I loved being the boss. Having people do whag they're good at, letting at those who want to do the problematic and difficult work do it, motivating a crew to do well amd getting those results, the pleasure of the rarity of being able to trust someone to get something done, and more authority to catch the **** being thrown at my workers and send it back on a missile. And great when it's shown someone one your crew is your crew and not of the lady who constantly bragged he was hers even though he didn't like her and just got along with her for peace's sake (I do believe she assumed he was hers and took it for granted because they're both black and she was the only black team leader).
And so much when you take years of being mistreated by customers, hear someone of your company talking **** about your workers and have a green light and impenetrable shield to pull the high ranked office ***** asside (but still near enough for others to know it happened) and voice your disgust and how she should be ashamed of herself.
Despite rumors though I never physically attacked my boss or fought with him. At most I just told what I would or wouldn't be doing and to shut the **** up over his lies.
Your work experience sure is different from mine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Your work experience sure is different from mine.
I'm not surprised. I get hired by places looking for a bodywith a pulse. Just like it's probably equally surprising that, considering we usurped the boss' authority, we always went to office meetings dressed in ways that some consider very disrespectful to your "superiors" and office culture. I think it's a safe assumption I still hold the record with the most chains, skulls and spikes worn to that office. Easily still in the running for the baggiest clothes worn there. And this was during the Recession so it's been a minute. And while many others were worried about their job or did lose it, my boss threatened a drug test to try to get control. I wasn't the only one who taunted him over it and dared him to do it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not surprised. I get hired by places looking for a bodywith a pulse. Just like it's probably equally surprising that, considering we usurped the boss' authority, we always went to office meetings dressed in ways that some consider very disrespectful to your "superiors" and office culture. I think it's a safe assumption I still hold the record with the most chains, skulls and spikes worn to that office. Easily still in the running for the baggiest clothes worn there. And this was during the Recession so it's been a minute. And while many others were worried about their job or did lose it, my boss threatened a drug test to try to get control. I wasn't the only one who taunted him over it and dared him to do it.
Are you actively seeking out conflict?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
83df1f44-2759-4e60-9064-caa5c933641e_text.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm having trouble re-establishing the Firefox profile on my wife's new computer. Fortunately I have a backup from her old one and am just going to bulk replace everything including profile.ini and all the profile files.

Ad astra per aspera

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
What I don't get it still to this day there are those who actively discourage left handedness. Last time was when I did inventory here. The area manager tried to get me to always count righthanded even though in some situations it's better to count left handed. And because I'm among the fastest in at least five states doing it like I do the area manager lost that one. Especially when he sent someone else to try to pressure me into it. I heard him tell her, from a distance, "left hand." I immediately lost all respect for the guy then and there and my reply was left amd right middle fingers. I don't think she relayed that message.

Elementary school, 1st grade they had right handed and left handed pens and right handed and left handed scissors.... if you were left handed you for the left handed stuff..... in reality, as an adult, they were exactly the same. The only difference was the left handed pen was red plastic and the right handed was blue. And rthe left handed scissors had red tape on them the right did not have tape. So using the left handed stuff made you stand out and be a target and we all know how much first graders like to stand out as an individual

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Are you actively seeking out conflict?
No, I just don't shy away from it. I am, however, inclined to clashing with bad authority. Managers who ask me about my day tend to get way better results out me than those who tell me what to do. Large projects obviously need someone directing the larger effort, but I know how to my job, I know what needs to get done. I don't slack off when my boss disrespects me, but I could teach doctorate level courses on this "malicious compliance" thing I'm hearing about. And my coworkers tend to be mostly on my side while I deliver results with a side of headache. And those who aren't tend to be "always respect authority" types. I respect the ones I don't want to disappoint. Those ones actually don't really see this insolence and insubordination from me. But they hear about it from others, lmao.