• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's less common cuz it's a perversion.
No Kraut speaker would ever use it.
Yer an "Anthony Weiner" type when you use those vowels that way.
It makes you worse than Tucker DeSantis!
Germans don't, but according to the dictionary both are acceptable in US English.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To be fair, everything is acceptable in US English, except for the word "Ain't." Its not a real word. That "Ain't" isn't a real word is an unchangeable fact of nature built into the quantum foam of reality, but everything else is negotiable.

Shadow Wolf

To be fair, everything is acceptable in US English, except for the word "Ain't." Its not a real word. That "Ain't" isn't a real word is an unchangeable fact of nature built into the quantum foam of reality, but everything else is negotiable.
Ain't is in the dictionary. It actually was long ago, removed, and is back again.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ain't is in the dictionary. It actually was long ago, removed, and is back again.
No one, not even the devil nor Daniel Webster, can make "Ain't" a real word. Whatever is in that dictionary is, well, not a real word. That dictionary has a hole in it, you might say.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I asked "HuggingChat" (the list keeps growing):

Sure! Here are ten examples of nouns that have become verbs through common usage:

1. To Google - means searching something online using the Google search engine
  2. To Xerox - means photocopying documents using a Xerox machine
  3. To Fax - sending a document via fax transmission
  4. To FedEx - shipping packages through Federal Express delivery service
  5. To Photoshop - editing photos digitally using Adobe Photoshop software
  6. To Skype - having a video call over the internet using the Skype platform
  7. To Starbucks - ordering coffee from the Starbucks chain
  8. To Pinterest - sharing images and ideas visually through Pinterest website/app
  9. To Facebook - posting content on the social media platform, Facebook
  10. To Amazon - shopping or purchasing items online through Amazon's ecommerce website

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
ChatGPT had some of the same ones

1. Email
  2. Text
  3. Google
  4. Photoshop
  5. Facebook
  6. Tweet
  7. Uber
  8. Skype
  9. Airbnb
  10. Snapchat

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bard, OTOH, came up with this:
  1. AirBnB: We no longer “rent a home or condo on AirBnB;” we say, “I AirBnBed.”
  2. eBay: We don't “sell it on eBay;” rather, we “eBay it.”
  3. Coffee: We don't “meet for coffee;” rather, “we coffee.”
  4. Beer: “Pass me a beer” has become “beer me.”
  5. Friend: “She added me as a friend online” has become “she friended me.”
  6. Heart: We no longer express that we like or love something; we “heart it.”
  7. Netflix and chill: Instead of “Do you want to come over to watch Netflix and chill?” we simply say, “We Netflixed and chilled.”
  8. Podcast: We no longer “listen to a podcast;” rather, we “podcast.”
  9. Selfie: We no longer “take a picture of ourselves;” rather, we “selfie.”
  10. Tweet: We no longer “send a tweet;” rather, we “tweet.”

Shadow Wolf

Reading over the handbook where I'll be volunteering and seeing if I can do anything at all (I'm having my doubts as a day of errands has been proving painful) I am reminded it is so very true that it's better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
I also found some Coursera courses specifically in areas where I need help. They're paid, but it's looking like disabilities for me is going to be a time of paid retraining.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Bard, OTOH, came up with this:
  1. AirBnB: We no longer “rent a home or condo on AirBnB;” we say, “I AirBnBed.”
  2. eBay: We don't “sell it on eBay;” rather, we “eBay it.”
  3. Coffee: We don't “meet for coffee;” rather, “we coffee.”
  4. Beer: “Pass me a beer” has become “beer me.”
  5. Friend: “She added me as a friend online” has become “she friended me.”
  6. Heart: We no longer express that we like or love something; we “heart it.”
  7. Netflix and chill: Instead of “Do you want to come over to watch Netflix and chill?” we simply say, “We Netflixed and chilled.”
  8. Podcast: We no longer “listen to a podcast;” rather, we “podcast.”
  9. Selfie: We no longer “take a picture of ourselves;” rather, we “selfie.”
  10. Tweet: We no longer “send a tweet;” rather, we “tweet.”
No, you do that stuff. I like watching tv shows and movies on Netflix, some of them I love. My friends are still just my friends and meet them for things. I get hotels, I suck big time selling on eBay, take pictures, call them stupid twits and don't listen to podcasts. I'm more geezer than thou! :cool:

Shadow Wolf

No one, not even the devil nor Daniel Webster, can make "Ain't" a real word. Whatever is in that dictionary is, well, not a real word. That dictionary has a hole in it, you might say.
Just because it went away for awhile and faced harsh attacks and reemerged like Poland doesn't make it wrong.
The real holes in dictionaries are poor definitions that don't actually define the word. Like most have an entry for feminine and masculine but don't really define those or tell you what they mean.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just because it went away for awhile and faced harsh attacks and reemerged like Poland doesn't make it wrong.
The real holes in dictionaries are poor definitions that don't actually define the word. Like most have an entry for feminine and masculine but don't really define those or tell you what they mean.
"Caint" is a real word. Used in a sentence: "I caint do that."