• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How you avoid that but not me? Especially when I was a neo-Pagan people didn't like my response when asked.

I've known many who are so scared they won't leave home without a gun. My ex's brother in law is one such person, and it unnerved her Dutch stepfather to see a gun at someone's side during a family dinner. My dad is another, and pretty much any job I've had he's insisted I need one and told me to get one and start carrying it.
I've no problem with concealed carry. Open carry makes me nervous, because I'm not used to seeing firearms. If it was usual then it wouldn't bother me. I see them used in films to shoot people, not carried quietly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've no problem with concealed carry. Open carry makes me nervous, because I'm not used to seeing firearms. If it was usual then it wouldn't bother me. I see them used in films to shoot people, not carried quietly.
The "never leave home without them" crowd are overwhelmingly open carry, yes, even at family gatherings. They also usually make it a point to make it known they are armed. Which is extremely helpful and usuful to know if I'm actually about to shoot the place up.
It scars me those sorts are armed. As I said, I imagine these are yhe sorts who emd up on the news over an obviously bad shooting in a Stand Your Ground state.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't know why we don't consider it a mental disturbance to be so scared an attack that you're almost nearly always armed.
And bringing a gun in a bar is why I say those "Dark Ages" people knew better, because they did know better amd often didn'taallowed having weapons with you at a pub because even they knew alcohol and weapons don't mix well.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The "never leave home without them" crowd are overwhelmingly open carry, yes, even at family gatherings. They also usually make it a point to make it known they are armed. Which is extremely helpful and usuful to know if I'm actually about to shoot the place up.
It scars me those sorts are armed. As I said, I imagine these are yhe sorts who emd up on the news over an obviously bad shooting in a Stand Your Ground state.
Even though the guns are safe and inert I don't like an explosive so close to me, which is what ammunition is. I know it doesn't matter, and we are all surrounded by insane dense energy every day. Death is always near, basically. We are next to power lines and electric sockets and speeding automobiles pass us only centimeters away. We ride motorcycles and climb ladders and walk on two legs (very dangerous by the way). I have used firecrackers before. I've burned myself before. I don't like explosives next to my body. Just don't like that concept.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Had something interesting and rather surprising, albeit very likely unrealistic, that I never had happen before, happen today....but I can't tell you about it

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Had something interesting and rather surprising, albeit very likely unrealistic, that I never had happen before, happen today....but I can't tell you about it
A little girl ran up to you, petted you and said you were a handsome bear and you did not maul her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I meant those I've known who always have their gun on them. As I described them, they are too quick to think of their gun as a shield and sollution. The sorts I imagine who make the news in a Stamd Your Ground state where an obviously bad shooting happened and the law is being claimed as a defense.
Claiming the law as a defense, & being acquitted aren't always the same thing.

Wu Wei

Had another thing happen today I can talk about.... a person I know in another government office, who is now in charge of that office.... wants me to go there and build and take over their IT office..... had to explain, sadly, things do not work that way in government

Last edited:

Wu Wei

Slag is the crusty covering of a weld.
Is that what you were?
not slag, that was a typographical error.... don't make me go into my spelling-nazi self defense mode......The slang in my high school days in Massachusetts.... hmmm....your response is making me think it applies and that you do, in fact, bite

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
not slag, that was a typographical error.... don't make me go into my spelling-nazi self defense mode......The slang in my high school days in Massachusetts.... hmmm....your response is making me think it applies and that you do, in fact, bite
I genuinely thought your "slag" was some kind of slang I dint know.
But now I understand that you're just a careless typist.

Wu Wei

I genuinely thought your "slag" was some kind of slang I dint know.
But now I understand that you're just a careless typist.

Never said otherwise.... and due to my vision, as I have said before, I am a horrible proof reader on a computer screen..... and I was right...you do bite