• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Don't let that imagination run wild.
I don't think it's that wild. Those I know who open carry everywhere, including family gatherings, have been the most scared people I've ever knowm. Without their gun they don't feel safe. They see dangers and threats everywhere. These are how I imagine those who did a very obviously bad shot (like firing over a verbal exchange during traffic) and claim Stand Your Ground as their defense have a similar mentality as these perpetually afraid men I've known who open carry everywhere, including family gatherings. The only ones I've known to be like that are very afraid and fearful overal. They are quick to think of their gun as a shield and solution. That seems prime for overreacting and assuming there is a danger when there is none. That's a bad shot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think it's that wild. Those I know who open carry everywhere, including family gatherings, have been the most scared people I've ever knowm. Without their gun they don't feel safe. They see dangers and threats everywhere. These are how I imagine those who did a very obviously bad shot (like firing over a verbal exchange during traffic) and claim Stand Your Ground as their defense have a similar mentality as these perpetually afraid men I've known who open carry everywhere, including family gatherings. The only ones I've known to be like that are very afraid and fearful overal. They are quick to think of their gun as a shield and solution. That seems prime for overreacting and assuming there is a danger when there is none. That's a bad shot.
You sure did run with a paranoid crowd.
Or that was just the perception.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I've run into quite a few people who still seem to be holdovers or remnants of the old western "outlaw" mentality. But then there are also those who have kind of a "posse" mentality, like the border vigilantes and people like that. But there's also a gang and cartel presence in the area. However, as far as cops go, the Border Patrol is as bad as they come.

Some people might say they're just being careful, since one never knows what might happen out there.

Shadow Wolf

You sure did run with a paranoid crowd.
Or that was just the perception.
These aren't people I've ran with, just known one way or another, like the husband of disowned family. He lives in tiny *** small town Indiana but the way he talks where he lives there could be a thug on any corner. All these people trying to take America, raging druggies everywhere and no matter where he feels the need to be vigilant and just as ready to defend yourself as though lives in a Middle Eastern warszone that prone to suicide bombers. He's that scared.
And I definitely didn't run them. Those I ran with may be strange and a bizarre level of weird, but they aren't paranoid. That's my dad amd how he thinks anything I do, including delivering newspapers, I must have a gun to protect myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These aren't people I've ran with, just known one way or another, like the husband of disowned family. He lives in tiny *** small town Indiana but the way he talks where he lives there could be a thug on any corner. All these people trying to take America, raging druggies everywhere and no matter where he feels the need to be vigilant and just as ready to defend yourself as though lives in a Middle Eastern warszone that prone to suicide bombers. He's that scared.
And I definitely didn't run them. Those I ran with may be strange and a bizarre level of weird, but they aren't paranoid. That's my dad amd how he thinks anything I do, including delivering newspapers, I must have a gun to protect myself.
Perception of reality sure does vary among people, eh.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Mrs Wu buys Mayte Plantain strips

1684505792983.jpeg

They are evil and more addictive than potato chips..... I could eat the whole dang bag.... must....fight...the.....need for .....Plantain strips..... must...fight....awwww the heck with it...I think I'll have some more

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

18 of these are passing by the Earth:

1684506156609.png

Looks bigger than a breadbox, but how many breadboxes in a walrus? We could then convert the size of this asteroid into breadbox units.

And some people think metric is hard.

Shadow Wolf

Perception of reality sure does vary among people, eh.
Yes, a part of it is, truly, I blame Christianity for it's priming to see the devil (amd thus evil) everywhere. It's a big world, but it looks really scary when your told to believe theres a bogeyman who waits like "hungry lion" to spread evil and take people away from god. Doesn't help either when a culture instructs people that Christians are inherently good while others more likeluly to be bad. We've made improvements there but still have a long wqy to go before this religion with its books that condones and instructs slavery, misogyny and all manner of bigotry is put in it's proper place. Mostly, anyways. It is actually true that some of them do openly advocate killing gays amd others they don't like. It's those pseudo-psychotic symptoms I mention, the same severance of empathy and disregard for others that has a parent disowming a queer child and making the child homeless.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, a part of it is, truly, I blame Christianity for it's priming to see the devil (amd thus evil) everywhere. It's a big world, but it looks really scary when your told to believe theres a bogeyman who waits like "hungry lion" to spread evil and take people away from god. Doesn't help either when a culture instructs people that Christians a inherently while others are bad. We've made improvements there but still have a long wqy to go before this religion with its books that condones and instructs slavery, misogyny and all manner of bigotry is put in it's proper place. Mostly, anyways. It is actually true that some of them do openly advocate killing gays amd others they don't like. It's those pseudo-psychotic symptoms I mention, the same severance of empathy and disregard for others that has a parent disowming a queer child and making the child homeless.
It's the ultimate conspiracy theory.

Shadow Wolf

Cities are confusing. LA is in the name, but the address is Hollywood. I thought the place was close to Hollywood, but I guess it's really there.
I also need to give Grand Theft Auto 5 the bit if time those games get from me. It takes place in the fictional city of San Andreas, a fictionalized version of LA. And it's supposed to be more actually LA than just close enough to make it feel familiarish if you've been there enough like the San Andreas game.
But 5 doesn't have the Radio X radio station like San Andreas does. That's about the only thing I liked in San Andreas once the open world, lots to do charm wore off.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

18 of these are passing by the Earth:

View attachment 77203

Looks bigger than a breadbox, but how many breadboxes in a walrus? We could then convert the size of this asteroid into breadbox units.

And some people think metric is hard.
Breadbox is a unit of volume; walrus is a unit of mass (not weight)...at earth's surface, 18 walruses mass = 1/2 weight of Empire State Building...get your units right!!!!

Shadow Wolf

And to see non-Christians as threats.
It's so odd to see Christians whine that they're persecuted in USA.
They run the government, so they must be doing it to themselves.
(Never grok this absurdity, do they.)
That one is an interesting one. They don't think too highly of education and what they teach is very distorted amd warped. So things like civil rights and concepts like rights for religion in public being "all or nothing" are foreign to them.
But they are consistent , at least where I went everything that happens is the will of their god and they're more into praying for the politicians than voter activism. And the do believe they are persecuted amd the world is out to get them. It's Satan doing the evil, of course, but because Jesus said they will be persecuted for his name's sake they believe it is all god's will. So they place their faith in trust and god that no matter how things on Earth turn out it's ok because god is in control.
And then there's these silly political Christian nutters, and mark my word they are going to end up feuding against other Christians worse than those they are trampling on today. These I've noticed too scream persecution BUT they are more likely to be donating money to political causes and sending people to Washington.

Shadow Wolf

Ever since Trump I've learned that not all Evamgelical churches are straighter than straight edge, laser precision clean cut, and very, very serious about that nothing before god part. My old church didn't even like seeing non-Christian things on shirts in the sanctuary. But some are ok with members saying things like ******? That would have drawn a scowl from all church leaders present and prompted a sermon about how our words, deeds and even thoughts must be pure and clean and bring glory to god.