• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I completely avoid political threads.

I find they make me gassy.
OIP.FZ6_PO0WN2Fj9HkXCrmbdQAAAA

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I am considering going for car ride...... but I am watching Henry V..... I like Shakespeare

image-w1280.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I like Shakespeare
I took drama classes for many years. In one segment we read Hamlet's "Player King" speech which I found really helpful to keep in mind:

Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you, trippingly on the tongue. But if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the town crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand thus, but use all gently, for in the very torrent, tempest, and (as I may say) whirlwind of passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness. Oh, it offends me to the soul to hear a robustious periwig-pated fellow tear a passion to tatters, to very rags, to split the ears of the groundlings, who for the most part are capable of nothing but inexplicable dumb-shows and noise. I would have such a fellow whipped for oerdoing Termagant. It out-Herods Herod. Pray you, avoid it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Were I disabled enough I'd proudly accept a check from the gov. Its an honorable existence for you: carving a life out on Etsy or Ebay and praying that your joints don't ache at the next rainstorm. I don't envy that! :) I suppose your days are spent in misery and reading cereal boxes. :anguished: I'd not want that, although your youth and skills I might pay $$ for. Music, engines, etc.
The misery part is right. The reading part is right, but it's been Saxon Tales (two more books to read in the series), As I Lay Dying and books on Japanese. Once I have income I do plan on taking these [paid] Coursera courses that teach how to use social media. This is because I am of an age group that isn't old or young and didn't really take to all this technology garbage.
And is Etsy even worth selling on? Is it even still around? Last I checked it's basically a pirates bay for material items.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
The misery part is right. The reading part is right, but it's been Saxon Tales (two more books to read in the series), As I Lay Dying and books on Japanese. Once I have income I do plan on taking these [paid] Coursera courses that teach how to use social media. This is because I am of an age group that isn't old or young and didn't really take to all this technology garbage.
And is Etsy even worth selling on? Is it even still around? Last I checked it's basically a pirates bay for material items.
I use Etsy a lot(for buying).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Can you do that in your staff role. I thought people agreed to the painful punishment requirement to read horrible posts for agreeing to that role.
Pppphhhhhhtttttt! In these softer, weaker, snowflakey days of modding they get to ignore people. Back in my days of misguided youth we couldn't do that and were encouraged to read threads we didn't post in because we were discouraged from moderating where we participated.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I took drama classes for many years. In one segment we read Hamlet's "Player King" speech which I found really helpful to keep in mind:

Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you, trippingly on the tongue. But if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the town crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand thus, but use all gently, for in the very torrent, tempest, and (as I may say) whirlwind of passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness. Oh, it offends me to the soul to hear a robustious periwig-pated fellow tear a passion to tatters, to very rags, to split the ears of the groundlings, who for the most part are capable of nothing but inexplicable dumb-shows and noise. I would have such a fellow whipped for oerdoing Termagant. It out-Herods Herod. Pray you, avoid it.
that explains a lot

mev-10748695.jpg