• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The misery part is right. The reading part is right, but it's been Saxon Tales (two more books to read in the series), As I Lay Dying and books on Japanese. Once I have income I do plan on taking these [paid] Coursera courses that teach how to use social media. This is because I am of an age group that isn't old or young and didn't really take to all this technology garbage.
And is Etsy even worth selling on? Is it even still around? Last I checked it's basically a pirates bay for material items.
I have family that buy things (such as antiques) there. I think each seller is different.

Your post makes me think: Managing an online shop would be easy for me, so I don't know why I'm not doing it. I think I've never sold anything in my life; but I completely understand how online selling works, how marketing works (or could find out more). I grok how the security works and so forth, and I understand how to make a web server though I've never made a pretty web page before.

In a way its like I own a great big strip mall, but I haven't let out any stores to anyone. Kinda dumb for me. Maybe soon though.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have family that buy things (such as antiques) there. I think each seller is different.

Your post makes me think: Managing an online shop would be easy for me, so I don't know why I'm not doing it. I think I've never sold anything in my life; but I completely understand how online selling works, how marketing works (or could find out more). I grok how the security works and so forth, and I understand how to make a web server though I've never made a pretty web page before.

In a way its like I own a great big strip mall, but I haven't let out any stores to anyone. Kinda dumb for me. Maybe soon though.
sell through Amazon

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
sell through Amazon
Yes pretty simple. I saw a little video about how to get started. At first Amazon limits how many items you may put up in your shop. You sell a certain number, and then they let you add more products to your store. There are levels of achievement until you obtain permission to sell lots of things such as lots of t-shirts or lots of different kinds of concentrated oils etc.

You can't go on Amazon to have a yard sale...I think.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If I could bottle 'natural gas' and sell it as alternative fuel, I'd be quite wealthy indeed.
I'm sorry but that smacks of free energy schemes. If you could sell the gas then you could theoretically use those sales ($$) to pay for enough protein bars to make more gas plus extra. Essentially you are talking about a source of free money, and that's not Ok.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry but that smacks of free energy schemes. If you could sell the gas then you could theoretically use those sales ($$) to pay for enough protein bars to make more gas plus extra. Essentially you are talking about a source of free money, and that's not Ok.
If I promise to supply you with ice cream, will you keep quiet about it?

Wu Wei

Yes pretty simple. I saw a little video about how to get started. At first Amazon limits how many items you may put up in your shop. You sell a certain number, and then they let you add more products to your store. There are levels of achievement until you obtain permission to sell lots of things such as lots of t-shirts or lots of different kinds of concentrated oils etc.

You can't go on Amazon to have a yard sale...I think.
No, Amazon is not for a Yard Sale

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No, Amazon is not for a Yard Sale
And therefore you must successfully sell things to get permission to sell a larger number of items, or you must have the resources to fake selling them. I'm sure there are probably shady companies which help noobs jump up a few levels.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I did like this episode of Hotel. It has a character's who's story I can relate to, and it reiterates the most important lesson one can learn in life, and that is it is extremely hazardous to one's health to **** with Kathy Bates.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If you're not offending someone,
you're not speaking your mind.
It's not just speaking. Liking certain things also draws much ire. Such as, according to the internet, who has obviously never read Foucault or Derrida or Heidegger or Nietzsche or Althusser or Lacan or Hegel or Marx, if you like Fight Club then people should be cautious about associating with you. They claim this, but you have to have to read a lot of books and articles by various philosophers (pretty much the ones I listed) to really get that movie, or any of Palahniuk's books.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's not just speaking. Liking certain things also draws much ire. Such as, according to the internet, who has obviously never read Foucault or Derrida or Heidegger or Nietzsche or Althusser or Lacan or Hegel or Marx, if you like Fight Club then people should be cautious about associating with you. They claim this, but you have to have to read a lot of books and articles by various philosophers (pretty much the ones I listed) to really get that movie, or any of Palahniuk's books.
I don't read anything by vaunted philosophers.
I've yet to hear of anything useful they offer
than isn't addressed by interesting writers,
eg, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, Josehph
Heller, Joseph Wambaugh.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Heller, Joseph Wambaugh.

I was needled this morning - @Shadow Wolf don't be upset that you were not the one doing the deed.

Wu Wei

Heller, Joseph Wambaugh.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber" - Plato